Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Christians and Jews United as Founders (CJUF)
3 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 9:18PM #1
Danbloom
Many years ago, about 1980, I tried to start new religion or religious philosophy called "Christians and Jews United As Founders" CJUF for short, and I published several press
releases about  this in some USA newspapers. It was not a new religion per se, since there
was no prophet of CJUF and the God was the same God as both Christians and Jews worship, if indeed they do worship the same God, which of course is not all that clear or understood.

Of course, my new religion went nowhere. Nobody responded. But now late in life, I wonder
if CJUF still might attract adherents. Want to know more? Post here or ask questions. It's a work in progress, and while CJUF never caught on, I have never abandonned the idea.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2012 - 11:47AM #2
wohali

Founders of what?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2012 - 9:27PM #3
Danbloom

Mar 7, 2012 -- 11:47AM, wohali wrote:

Founders of what?

Wohali, as far as I remember, they were going to slowly, as a group, with input

from many corners of the globe, they were going to FOUND a new religious movement called CJUF where they would be known as FOUNDERS, and what were they going to found? They were going to found a post-Christian/post-Judaic post-modern sect that would later become a cult, like all religions did in the past, and finally, if they gained mainstream acceptance, these Founders would be part of the modern religious scence worldwide. A bit similar to what TIME magazine now calls the NONES. Have you heard of them yet? Maybe I was just ahead of my time...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2012 - 9:45PM #4
wohali

Dan, I'm a traditional American Indian, and I don't recall our religions becoming cults.

But since I'm neither a Jew nor a Christian I guess I'm out (like always).

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2012 - 10:03PM #5
Danbloom

Mar 7, 2012 -- 9:45PM, wohali wrote:

Dan, I'm a traditional American Indian, and I don't recall our religions becoming cults.

But since I'm neither a Jew nor a Christian I guess I'm out (like always).

wohali, after reading your note, I apologize and take back my POV earlier, of course, you as a traditional native American was never part of a cult or a sect and BRAVO......i deeply respect your traditional beliefs and they are germane to this discussion too. White man's religion was sadly a tragic mistake, and the three big ones that came out of the Middle East some 2000 years ago, 5000 years ago, look at the harm they have done throughout history. From your perspective, it must seem like a tragi-comedy of sorts, what white man's religion has done, no? I also see it as a tragi-comedy. Sigh.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 12:42PM #6
wohali

Dan, no reason to apologize. I would be wary of making sweeping statements.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 8:44PM #7
Danbloom

Mar 8, 2012 -- 12:42PM, wohali wrote:

Dan, no reason to apologize. I would be wary of making sweeping statements.

Wohali, good point re the folly of making sweeping statements. But it's my style. I always

make sweeping statements, and when or if I find out I was wrong, I always apologize too. What would you prefer, that we SWEEP everything under the rug? The Western White world needs to wake up to the harm it's 3 Middle Eastern cults have done in the past 2000 years and even now. It's not about faith. Faith I respect. It's about "faithism"......sigh

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 8:57PM #8
wohali

Dan:

"What would you prefer, that we SWEEP everything under the rug?"

Hardly. I think folks who have been reading my posts here would tell you that I'm all for getting it out there unvarnished.

Did you know it was illegal for Indians to practice their own religions in this country for over 100 years, until n1978?

Have you ever heard of a government sponsored program refered to as "kill the Indian, save the man"?

How about that it was legal to remove Indian children from their homes to be raised as "Christians"?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 9:08PM #9
Danbloom

Mar 8, 2012 -- 8:57PM, wohali wrote:

Dan:

"What would you prefer, that we SWEEP everything under the rug?"

Hardly. I think folks who have been reading my posts here would tell you that I'm all for getting it out there unvarnished.

Did you know it was illegal for Indians to practice their own religions in this country for over 100 years, until n1978?

Have you ever heard of a government sponsored program refered to as "kill the Indian, save the man"?

How about that it was legal to remove Indian children from their homes to be raised as "Christians"?

Wohlai, i agree with you 1000000 percent. I am very aware of all the stuff the US govt did to the Indians, yes. Wrong wrong wrong and faithist too. Part of the sickness of the USA. Europe too. Look what Europeans did to the natives of Mexico and South America, all in the name of Jesus! Soilders did the killing, missionaries and priests did the converting. SIGH

I DID NOT KNOW that it was illegal for Native Americans and Alaskan Natives to practice their own religions for 100 years, that FACT needs to be broadcast wide and far. OUCH. The triumphalism and superiority claims of Xianity will haunt that religion for centuries. SICK!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 12:04PM #10
wohali

Dan, beginning with the U.S. Grant administration laws were enacted outlawing most Indian religious practices including:

Sundance

Giveaways

Potlatch

Inipi

Gatherings

Sacred dance

etc.

During Franklin Roosevelt's administration the Dept of Indian Affairs was directed to not enforce these mandates, but many of the laws remained.

The American Indian Religious Freedom Act of 1978 attempted to correct this, but the joint resolution of Congress has no provisions for enforcement.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_Re... 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook