Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Christians and Jews United as Founders (CJUF)
2 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 9:25PM #11
Danbloom

Mar 9, 2012 -- 12:04PM, wohali wrote:

Dan, beginning with the U.S. Grant administration laws were enacted outlawing most Indian religious practices including:

Sundance

Giveaways

Potlatch

Inipi

Gatherings

Thanks for these heads ups and link. I didn't know these things. Thanks for

waking me up on this. You know, I am in Taiwan, and the original settlers here, the Aborigine peoples here, about 400,000 now, 14 tribes, believed to have come here in canoes from philippines islands and other south Pacific island 10,000 years ago, the Australnesian peoples, their languges are close to native Phippine and other Pcaific island natives, they also HAD, repeat HAD, their own religions before the white man came here, the WHITE man being the missionaries from Scotland and UK and  USA, who divided the island up giving

one part to the Cathllics to missionize and convert the ''heathens'' -- WHO IN FACT KNEW MORE ABOUT GOD THAN THE CHRISTIANS DID ! -- and one part to the Presbyterians and

another part to the Mormons and another part to the Evangelicals....and now many years later, MOST of the Aborigines have posters of Jesus on their home walls, pray to the foreignh god of the Jews and CHristians, have lost their own origins and self of self by becoming Christian, and it's sad sad sad.......99 percent fo them were converted and their offspring same same. This is what missionaries did in Taiwan. TOOK away the soul of the local people

and turned them into the walking dead. The YELLOW rulers from mainland CHINA who came to Taiwan in 1600s etc, DID NOT convert the Aborigines. They let them live with their own

beliefs. Just the arrogant Christian missionaries, as they did all over the world. VERY VERY SAD. someday Christians will wake up for all this and repent. but it is way too late. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 9:27PM #12
Sacrificialgoddess

Mar 9, 2012 -- 9:25PM, Danbloom wrote:

Dan, beginning with the U.S. Grant administration laws were enacted outlawing most Indian religious practices including:

Sundance

Giveaways

Potlatch

Inipi

Gatherings

waking me up on this. You know, I am in Taiwan, and the original settlers here, the Aborigine peoples here, about 400,000 now, 14 tribes, believed to have come here in canoes from philippines islands and other south Pacific island 10,000 years ago, the Australnesian peoples, their languges are close to native Phippine and other Pcaific island natives, they also HAD, repeat HAD, their own religions before the white man came here, the WHITE man being the missionaries from Scotland and UK and  USA, who divided the island up giving

one part to the Cathllics to missionize and convert the ''heathens'' -- WHO IN FACT KNEW MORE ABOUT GOD THAN THE CHRISTIANS DID ! -- and one part to the Presbyterians and

another part to the Mormons and another part to the Evangelicals....and now many years later, MOST of the Aborigines have posters of Jesus on their home walls, pray to the foreignh god of the Jews and CHristians, have lost their own origins and self of self by becoming Christian, and it's sad sad sad.......99 percent fo them were converted and their offspring same same. This is what missionaries did in Taiwan. TOOK away the soul of the local people

and turned them into the walking dead. The YELLOW rulers from mainland CHINA who came to Taiwan in 1600s etc, DID NOT convert the Aborigines. They let them live with their own

beliefs. Just the arrogant Christian missionaries, as they did all over the world. VERY VERY SAD. someday Christians will wake up for all this and repent. but it is way too late. 

Most of the Native Ameicans were polytheists.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 9:31PM #13
Danbloom

Mar 9, 2012 -- 9:27PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Mar 9, 2012 -- 9:25PM, Danbloom wrote:

Sundance

Giveaways

Potlatch

Inipi

Gatherings

Most of the Native Ameicans were polytheists.

Polytheists, monotheists, same thing: utter bunk, in the end. There are no gods

and there are no Gods. By the way, why do we spell the Western GOD with a capital G

but the name of the non-Western GOD(s) with a small g....? isn't that faithism at work? Either every GOD gets a capital G or none of them do, agree?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 9:39PM #14
wohali

SG:

"Most of the Native Ameicans were polytheists."

Really? Do tell!

The religious ways I'm familiar with are basically monotheistic or pantheistic/panentheistic.

are.as.wvu.edu/ruvolo.htm

You know, as in "Great Spirit", "Great Mystery", "Grandfather Sky".

Central and South American Indians had a majority of polytheistic religions.

Careful with those blanket statements................

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 10:43PM #15
gorm-sionnach

Mar 9, 2012 -- 9:31PM, Danbloom wrote:

Polytheists, monotheists, same thing: utter bunk, in the end. There are no gods

and there are no Gods. By the way, why do we spell the Western GOD with a capital G

but the name of the non-Western GOD(s) with a small g....? isn't that faithism at work? Either every GOD gets a capital G or none of them do, agree?

I disagree completely, and if you took the time to actually think about it you would realize how ignorant a statement like "polytheists, monotheists, same thing" is. They are mutually exclusive, and widely divergent world views, wholly incompatible. It's like comparing anarchism with fascism; its nearly oxymoronic.

As to your opinion on the matter of the existence of deity, you are of course entitled to it. I disagree, but then I have good reason to.

In terms of capitalizing the first letter of the classical god of monotheism, the dictates of the english language prescribe the spelling for the most part. I do not refer to said deity in such a way, as for me god describes an order of being/ function as opposed to being a proper name, and so I will capitalize the Anglacized tetregramaton as "YHVH", or "El", or "Jehova", or "Allah", but will not do so for "the god of Abraham". I will capitalize An Dagda, or An Morrigan, or Donn, or Lugh, but will not capitalize de ochus ande (or gods and ungods, in English). So unless I'm quoting someone else, or the term "god" or "goddess" appears as the first word in a scentence, it remains lowercase.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 4:41PM #16
wohali

Dan?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2012 - 8:51PM #17
wohali

Sacrifical Goddess, I'm still waiting to hear about most of the "Native Americans" being polytheists..............

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook