Post Reply
Page 20 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next
Switch to Forum Live View God is Not Going To Destroy Us
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 12:02PM #191
wohali
Posts: 10,227

"God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh"


Voltaire

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 3:24PM #192
TPaine
Posts: 9,235

May 3, 2012 -- 12:02PM, wohali wrote:


"God is a commedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh"


Voltaire



"Les vérités de la religion ne sont jamais si bonnes comprises comme par ceux qui ont perdu la puissance du raisonnement."


"The truths of religion are never so well understood as by those who have lost the power of reasoning." -- Voltaire: Philosophical Dictionary, 1764

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 6:15PM #193
G.flower
Posts: 3,598

Who cares what anyone worships or not, as long as they follow the laws of the land and don't try to push it on anyone else?


With theinterpreter, none of us care if he worships a time lord with a space ship as long as he doesn't push it on anyone else or insist his god is going to kill everyone else. His reality isn't one that anyone else shares.

Moderated by Adelphe on May 14, 2012 - 11:31AM
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 6:48PM #194
theinterpreter
Posts: 1,699

May 2, 2012 -- 10:00PM, G.flower wrote:


What has a time lord and fish have to do with each other?


theinterpreter, if you want to worship a time lord with a spaceship, you go right ahead. You get double points if his spaceship looks like the Tardis.



How did God know all the fish in the sea would die? God has to be a time traveler.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 6:51PM #195
theinterpreter
Posts: 1,699

May 3, 2012 -- 6:15PM, G.flower wrote:


Who cares what anyone worships or not, as long as they follow the laws of the land and don't try to push it on anyone else?


With theinterpreter, none of us care if he worships a time lord with a space ship as long as he doesn't push it on anyone else or insist his god is going to kill everyone else. His reality isn't one that anyone else shares.



God is going to kill the bad guys in the Battle of Ar Mageddon

Moderated by Adelphe on May 14, 2012 - 11:34AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 7:24PM #196
TPaine
Posts: 9,235

May 3, 2012 -- 6:48PM, theinterpreter wrote:


May 2, 2012 -- 10:00PM, G.flower wrote:


What has a time lord and fish have to do with each other?


theinterpreter, if you want to worship a time lord with a spaceship, you go right ahead. You get double points if his spaceship looks like the Tardis.


How did God know all the fish in the sea would die? God has to be a time traveler.



If God is omniscient he wouldn't need a time machine.

omniscient — adj
1. having infinite knowledge or understanding
2. having very great or seemingly unlimited knowledge
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009


Why do you keep demeaning your God? It's been well documented here that the link you posted was out of date. All the fish are not going to die, their population is increasing.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 7:28PM #197
TPaine
Posts: 9,235

May 3, 2012 -- 6:51PM, theinterpreter wrote:


May 3, 2012 -- 6:15PM, G.flower wrote:


Who cares what anyone worships or not, as long as they follow the laws of the land and don't try to push it on anyone else?


With theinterpreter, none of us care if he worships a time lord with a space ship as long as he doesn't push it on anyone else or insist his god is going to kill everyone else. His reality isn't one that anyone else shares. I hope as some point he will get that and start writing science fiction instead of posting it here.


God is going to kill the bad guys in the Battle of Ar Mageddon



Make up your mind. Is God going to kill all the bad guys in your fantasy or are the Christians going to kill them?

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 8:11PM #198
wohali
Posts: 10,227

"God is going to kill the bad guys in the Battle of Ar Mageddon"


But previously you said that "Christians" had to get better weapons. What for, if god is gonna get off his butt and do it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 10:31PM #199
G.flower
Posts: 3,598

May 3, 2012 -- 7:28PM, TPaine wrote:


May 3, 2012 -- 6:51PM, theinterpreter wrote:


May 3, 2012 -- 6:15PM, G.flower wrote:


Who cares what anyone worships or not, as long as they follow the laws of the land and don't try to push it on anyone else?


With theinterpreter, none of us care if he worships a time lord with a space ship as long as he doesn't push it on anyone else or insist his god is going to kill everyone else. His reality isn't one that anyone else shares. I hope as some point he will get that and start writing science fiction instead of posting it here.


God is going to kill the bad guys in the Battle of Ar Mageddon



Make up your mind. Is God going to kill all the bad guys in your fantasy or are the Christians going to kill them?




Yep, he's wobbled back and forth on that one.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 10:34PM #200
G.flower
Posts: 3,598

May 3, 2012 -- 6:48PM, theinterpreter wrote:


May 2, 2012 -- 10:00PM, G.flower wrote:


What has a time lord and fish have to do with each other?


theinterpreter, if you want to worship a time lord with a spaceship, you go right ahead. You get double points if his spaceship looks like the Tardis.



How did God know all the fish in the sea would die? God has to be a time traveler.




A. All the fish in the sea haven't died and aren't going to die. 


B. Either your god the time lord is wrong or you are, which is it?


Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 20 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook