Post Reply
Page 5 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 Next
Switch to Forum Live View God is Not Going To Destroy Us
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 6:08PM #41
TPaine
Posts: 9,491

Apr 6, 2012 -- 11:37AM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:


First of all, Noah was faithful to his wife! Ham seduced his own mother, that is why he uncover his father's nakedness, meaning the son laid and had relations with Noah's wife, his own mother! That is why Noah cursed Canaan, and had him removed to another land. God didn't curse Canaan, Noah did!


Genesis 9:21 And he (=Noah) drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.


9:22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father,.....


9:23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it uopn BOTH their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness. (*The brothers would'nt look upon their mother, as Ham did.)


9:24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what the younger son had done unto him.


Leviticus 20:11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness:....


If one doesn't understand the ways of the Bible, all sorts of misconception happen!



Since Genesis is a Hebrew book written long before the birth of Jesus, Jewish scholars are the ones most able to interpret it. The Jewish Encyclopedia the story in Genesis 9:24 was originally told of Canaan, not Ham. The story is also about castration, not incest. Link

"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another, and he that has not a vote in the election of representatives is in this case." Thomas Paine:
Dissertation on First Principles of Government (July 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 4:28PM #42
NjoyAADAirbrush
Posts: 1,916

How funny, Hebrew says the same thing about the "father's nakedness", which is the father's wife, Leviticus 20:11.


Hebrew can be read by those who understand the language.


Jews are not the ONLY ones that can read Hebrew, Modern or Paleo!


Just as God preserved Noah and his family, BECAUSE they did not mix with the fallen angels, based on the fact, that they were perfect in their generations, meaning pedigree=(Hebrew)tamin, means, without blemish as to breed or pedigree. Generations=(Hebrew)toldoth=family history.


God was out to destroy the hybrid giants of Genesis 6:4, which were procreated between human woman and the sons of God, the fallen angels.


Mess with God's nature, and He'll put the Wrath on you!


God is not out to zap people for the least thing they do.


God is a loving Father, yet, His children will listen to every one or thing coming down the pike, other than read and study God's letter to them, the Holy Bible.


Many want to know about God, but they will turn to men and trust men to tell them what God is about. That is why there are so many misconceptions about the Bible, for men trust men above God.


Blessed is the man, that Trust God and the Lord is their hope.


Cursed is the man that trust man.


If you love God, and trust in God, why would the Lord seek to do you hurt?


On the other hand, if you are willingly ignorant of God and His letter to you, and deny Him on every level, then why should He protect you?


Turn your back on God and He'll turn His back on you!


That is each individual's choice, whether or not God protects you.


The world will eat you up and spit you out; but if you have God, you come out over coming the impossible.


For there is nothing impossible for Almighty God.


In Christ,


Nancy


 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 5:15PM #43
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:


How funny, Hebrew says the same thing about the "father's nakedness", which is the father's wife, Leviticus 20:11.


Hebrew can be read by those who understand the language.


Jews are not the ONLY ones that can read Hebrew, Modern or Paleo!



No kidding. Nevertheless, if Ham had screwed Mrs. Noah, the text would say so plainly. The text does not say so. It says that Noah was lying drunk in his tent and Ham saw him naked. That's all. You really need to break this absurd habit of reading smut into everything. It tells us more about your sexual hangups than about the Bible.


The rest of your post is just another of your boring sermons. In future, please spare us the sermons. Nobody is interested in them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:20AM #44
Whisper01
Posts: 2,745

Apr 12, 2012 -- 5:15PM, Ken wrote:


You really need to break this absurd habit of reading smut into everything. It tells us more about your sexual hangups than about the Bible.


That comes across loud and clear in Nancy's posts, sexual hang-ups. As far as her "interpretation", while odd I guess it's as valid as anything else interpreted about a book with none of the authors left, none of the culture left, none of the politics left, and none of the facts can be assessed anymore due to the above. Anything can be interpreted from such a old book with no one left to tell us what the author really thought or why they wrote it. But the question I have is why? Why come up with far left field interpretations that don't help anyone but cast sexual conspiracy over everything? What does that gain? Nothing!


The rest of your post is just another of your boring sermons. In future, please spare us the sermons. Nobody is interested in them.


True enough! Sermonizing for a person to mentally listen to themselves type words that others don't want to read. Kinda like being a pastor or a church no one attends. Getting up like clock work on a Sunday and preaching to a audiance of zero. Afer several such episodes the preacher is preaching to him/herself.


Odd old world?






Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:26PM #45
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,790

Apr 12, 2012 -- 5:15PM, Ken wrote:


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:


How funny, Hebrew says the same thing about the "father's nakedness", which is the father's wife, Leviticus 20:11.


Hebrew can be read by those who understand the language.


Jews are not the ONLY ones that can read Hebrew, Modern or Paleo!



No kidding. Nevertheless, if Ham had screwed Mrs. Noah, the text would say so plainly. The text does not say so. It says that Noah was lying drunk in his tent and Ham saw him naked. That's all. You really need to break this absurd habit of reading smut into everything. It tells us more about your sexual hangups than about the Bible.


The rest of your post is just another of your boring sermons. In future, please spare us the sermons. Nobody is interested in them.




Anyone notice that every time something dramatic happens in the bible nancy makes it sexual? The adam and eve thing now this.


That is one sick book


A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:55PM #46
TPaine
Posts: 9,491

Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:


How funny, Hebrew says the same thing about the "father's nakedness", which is the father's wife, Leviticus 20:11.



Ham did not uncover his father's nakedness it wasn't covered in the first place. Noah was drunk, asleep, and naked. Ham didn't know that when he walked into the tent and he quickly left and told his brothers. Being forewarned, the brothers could enter the tent without looking at their father and cover him up. Ham did not have the luxury of foreknowledge. That story has been used by bigots and racists to explain their ridiculous theory that Ham was black and since God had condemned him his progeny was also condemned which is why they claim black people are inferior to white people. Of course there is noo truth to that claim.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Hebrew can be read by those who understand the language.


Jews are not the ONLY ones that can read Hebrew, Modern or Paleo!



I never said non Jews could not read Hebrew. What I said was they can't have the understanding of what the authors of the Torah (or the Tanakh for that matter) because the Christian Old Testament was edited to make it fit with the New Testament.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Just as God preserved Noah and his family, BECAUSE they did not mix with the fallen angels, based on the fact, that they were perfect in their generations, meaning pedigree=(Hebrew)tamin, means, without blemish as to breed or pedigree. Generations=(Hebrew)toldoth=family history.


God was out to destroy the hybrid giants of Genesis 6:4, which were procreated between human woman and the sons of God, the fallen angels.



The story of fallen Angeles (Nephilim) is pure mythology. Like the story of Eve and the snake it was an attempt by an ancient tribe with no real scientific knowledge to explain where everything came from and why things were the way the were. It has no historical relevance.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Mess with God's nature, and He'll put the Wrath on you!



The people who are messing with God are the ones who continually wrongly insist he has negative human emotions which cause him to act like a psychopath on some occasions.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

God is not out to zap people for the least thing they do.


God is a loving Father, yet, His children will listen to every one or thing coming down the pike, other than read and study God's letter to them, the Holy Bible.



The Bible is not the Word od God. God's Word would be perfect and everyone in the world would recognize it for what it is. The Bible is far from perfect.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Many want to know about God, but they will turn to men and trust men to tell them what God is about. That is why there are so many misconceptions about the Bible, for men trust men above God.



What misconceptions? Do you mean some of us won't accept a book full of contradictions, mistranslations, misinterpretations, and poor history? I don't receive God's Word from men, I get it from nature and the universe.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Blessed is the man, that Trust God and the Lord is their hope.


Cursed is the man that trust man.



I trust God, not men. Man gave us the Bible, God gave is reason.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

If you love God, and trust in God, why would the Lord seek to do you hurt?



I never said he would.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

On the other hand, if you are willingly ignorant of God and His letter to you, and deny Him on every level, then why should He protect you?



If the letter you speak of is the Bible, I deny that it comes from God. I trust in the Creator of the Universe (God) and see his word daily in the world we live in.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Turn your back on God and He'll turn His back on you!



I haven't turned my back on God, and don't plan to, but I also know that even if I did so he wouldn't turn his back on me.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

That is each individual's choice, whether or not God protects you.


The world will eat you up and spit you out; but if you have God, you come out over coming the impossible.



God has much more to do than spend his time watching all of us make our way through life.


Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:28PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

For there is nothing impossible for Almighty God.



Agreed


"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another, and he that has not a vote in the election of representatives is in this case." Thomas Paine:
Dissertation on First Principles of Government (July 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 2:17PM #47
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,790

I still think nancy is a bot, she hardly ever responds to anyone and continually posts nonsense.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 2:33PM #48
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Apr 13, 2012 -- 1:55PM, TPaine wrote:

Ham did not uncover his father's nakedness it wasn't covered in the first place. Noah was drunk, asleep, and naked. Ham didn't know that when he walked into the tent and he quickly left and told his brothers. Being forewarned, the brothers could enter the tent without looking at their father and cover him up. Ham did not have the luxury of foreknowledge. That story has been used by bigots and racists to explain their ridiculous theory that Ham was black and since God had condemned him his progeny was also condemned which is why they claim black people are inferior to white people.



I bet Nancy agrees with that. She's just the type.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:26PM #49
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,790

Again it is a hang up with nudity.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:31PM #50
G.flower
Posts: 3,598

Another load of poop from the ignorant, who is surprised?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook