Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View So...What would you do if someone gave you God's phone number?
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 6:48PM #11
Sacrificialgoddess

Jan 23, 2012 -- 6:35PM, Spiritwink wrote:

Jan 23, 2012 -- 4:40PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Isn't that what prayer is supposed to be?

Hi,

I think that prayer is definitely part of the phone line to the Creator. But to really be tuned in, it is also possible to receive communications back too, in my humble sense of things. Mystics do this. But after fielding lots of questions from people about this, I also think it is important to discern that if you are 'receiving communications' that they are serving the positive universe, or your higher self and others also.

blessings,

mare

ps. but really a good part of what my book is about is learning about so many others and their connection to the Divine from the depths of their being.

If your gods ain't talking back, then they ain't your gods.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 7:03PM #12
Spiritwink

would God even take those calls?  ;~)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 7:05PM #13
Spiritwink

Jan 23, 2012 -- 6:48PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Hi,

I think that prayer is definitely part of the phone line to the Creator. But to really be tuned in, it is also possible to receive communications back too, in my humble sense of things. Mystics do this. But after fielding lots of questions from people about this, I also think it is important to discern that if you are 'receiving communications' that they are serving the positive universe, or your higher self and others also.

blessings,

mare

ps. but really a good part of what my book is about is learning about so many others and their connection to the Divine from the depths of their being.

@Sacrificial Goddess - I love your sense of humor! ;~p

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 7:07PM #14
Sacrificialgoddess

Jan 23, 2012 -- 7:05PM, Spiritwink wrote:

In this case, I wasn't joking.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 7:43PM #15
mainecaptain

Jan 23, 2012 -- 7:05PM, Spiritwink wrote:

Hi,

blessings,

mare

She was very serious, and if I had said it I too would have been serious. "If your gods ain't talking back, then they ain't your gods" it is true.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 7:52PM #16
Spiritwink

Hi,

Please don't read that i did not think there was seriousness in her response. It's the way that she wrote it that struck me funny.

The sad thing is that many, many people don't have their God/Allah/Creator talking back to them. And they need it all filtered through another person... I can only hope that they become empowered and strong enough to know they can have their own connection also.

blessings, m

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 9:08PM #17
wohali

Some people forget how to listen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 9:45PM #18
Spiritwink

Jan 23, 2012 -- 9:08PM, wohali wrote:

That is so true... and where they gather does not teach them how to listen. Big sigh.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 10:58PM #19
gorm-sionnach

Jan 23, 2012 -- 9:45PM, Spiritwink wrote:

Jan 23, 2012 -- 9:08PM, wohali wrote:

That is so true... and where they gather does not teach them how to listen. Big sigh.

I honestly cannot tell if you are being coy or are simply obtuse ;and I mean that in a literal sense, and not as an insult. All, SG, Maine, and I'll add myself into the mix, are polytheists. This means that we understand deity as multiple and seperate, so invoking a/the "creator" is not something which is applicable, or even coherant in such a group. This doesn't mean that we're experiencing the same "divine" or that we have different names for the same god; we actually believe in multiple, seperate, individual deities. So when All asked "what god" he wasn't refering to the issues involved with Abrahamaic monotheism or some sort of monism. He was asking what god, of which there are many, you were referring. Of course, All being the bright fellow he is, was asking rhetorically because he (and we others) already knew the answer.

I personally enjoy multifaith discussions to a certain degree, but your inability (or refusal) to even comprehend a perspective outside of your own monotheistic/monist is a perfect example of the limits of such conversations. There needs to be at least a similar groundwork of theistic perspective to facilitate even a basic multifaith discussion, otherwise you're just talking past, or at, one another. The thing is that polytheists, for the most part, are aware of this, and whats more are very cognizant of the monotheistic/monist perspective. Whereas the monotheistic/monist just assumes everyone they come across already shares their world view. The very language you use, the question you asked, and the answers which form the basis of your book, betrays that your idea of what multifaith is, is how different people experience the same god; never thinking that some people experience totally different deities altogether.

You may find beauty and poigniency in the idea of "multiple paths up the mountain", but for those of on other mountians, in valleys, on hills, in rivers and lakes, the metaphor is not only meaningless, but tacitly insulting.

-Gorm.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 11:16PM #20
Spiritwink

Ah, thank you for helping me understand. I did not realize that that was the focus of this forum. I misunderstood the term "multi-faith."

Blessings...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook