Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View So...What would you do if someone gave you God's phone number?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 12:07AM #1
Spiritwink
I weighed what to write here... since I'm fascinated with "Multifaith" discussions.

I'm the author of a book that is based on the question: "If I gave you God's phone number, what would you do with it?"

I interviewed close to 50 people over 7 years and 21 of those interviews are in the book -
"If I gave you God's phone number....Searching for Spirituality in America."

When I started the book, I was in a deep depression and desperate for answers. And the interview process was an incredible journey into the spiritual lives of numerous people. I interviewed a death row inmate, Christians, Jews, agnostics, a Cherokee medicine woman, Afghani Sufi and others. There are children and elderly.

I was eager to learn how different people experience the Divine personally, regardless of their belief system. And what I discovered was that some people do already have God's phone number, and it is found in a myriad paths. And to interview these individuals and encourage them to talk about God was a spiritual experience that was quite powerful.

And then there are others on their paths, or those who choose to not believe (for some very legitimate reasons in my mind, at least).

The book was recognized by several national book competitions.

It would be really fun see if any here would be interested in a dialogue about the book. It is available as an e-book or hard copy.

Blessings,
mare
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 11:40AM #2
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Sigh...

Which god?

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 11:43AM #3
Spiritwink

Jan 23, 2012 -- 11:40AM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

Sigh...

Which god?

Hi,

It really is whichever God you have chosen... no right answers with my question. That is the joy of the question and the approach that I took, I like to think... Whomever God is for you.

Blessings... Mare

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 12:19PM #4
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Jan 23, 2012 -- 11:43AM, Spiritwink wrote:

Hi,

It really is whichever God you have chosen... no right answers with my question. That is the joy of the question and the approach that I took, I like to think... Whomever God is for you.

Blessings... Mare

I didn't choose my gods. 

They chose me, and helped me address my problems. 

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 12:21PM #5
Spiritwink

Hi, you are very blessed then...

-m

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 3:47PM #6
wohali

I would ask if god had problems with telemarketers, too?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 4:40PM #7
Sacrificialgoddess

Isn't that what prayer is supposed to be?

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 6:21PM #8
Lilwabbit

Hi Moses, could I speak to Allah please?

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 6:35PM #9
Spiritwink

Jan 23, 2012 -- 4:40PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Isn't that what prayer is supposed to be?

Hi,

I think that prayer is definitely part of the phone line to the Creator. But to really be tuned in, it is also possible to receive communications back too, in my humble sense of things. Mystics do this. But after fielding lots of questions from people about this, I also think it is important to discern that if you are 'receiving communications' that they are serving the positive universe, or your higher self and others also.

blessings,

mare

ps. but really a good part of what my book is about is learning about so many others and their connection to the Divine from the depths of their being.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2012 - 6:36PM #10
Spiritwink

Jan 23, 2012 -- 6:21PM, Lilwabbit wrote:

Hi Moses, could I speak to Allah please?

:~)

Hah... maybe Allah even answers the phone Himself?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook