Page 1 of 24  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is there an ultimate truth?
3 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2011 - 9:23AM #1
dio

Is there an ultimate truth? My gut reaction is yes there is an ultimate truth. What it is though I can't say. How about not this and not that for starters. Or  Not one and not two,  Or no thing no where, But what engages me most meaningfully is unity of mind an heart.

Just for fun, can anyone help me, what is the ultimate truth?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 6:38PM #2
dio

anybody else have an untimate truth,  Like did  the universe get started?  Or is it eternal, with  no beginning, with no end?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 7:59PM #3
RenGalskap
No. No ultimate truths. :-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2011 - 10:11AM #4
dio

Oct 8, 2011 -- 7:59PM, RenGalskap wrote:

I was thinking of tangible ultimate like the love of a mother for her child, the love between spouses, parents for children, children for parents, brother and sister, friends and general disposition of good will toward others. 

Which is closer to ultimate, the love of a mother for her child, or a general disposition of universal living kindness?

Am I correct Buddha taught the greatest love is between a Mother and Child in danger? I understand from Metta Sutta the love of a mother for her child is the ultimate love .

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 7:31AM #5
Bhakta_glenn

Oct 9, 2011 -- 10:11AM, dio wrote:

I was thinking of tangible ultimate like the love of a mother for her child, the love between spouses, parents for children, children for parents, brother and sister, friends and general disposition of good will toward others. 

Which is closer to ultimate, the love of a mother for her child, or a general disposition of universal living kindness?

Am I correct Buddha taught the greatest love is between a Mother and Child in danger? I understand from Metta Sutta the love of a mother for her child is the ultimate love .

Theravada Buddhism

www.forestsangha.org/index.php?option=co...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 8:04AM #6
lulu2

The Universality of Humanities Soul

Which is the Absolute Truth.

It embodies mans highest good. It is whole, and complete. It is all the good that is GOD

And it is contained in the Nature of God..

Birds have a certain nature..they dont act like fish.

The Nature of GOOD, or GOD is Absolute

It has no gray areas of thisa or thata?

It's without question, for it contains all the answers.

It has no opposite because it remains whole, in TRUTH

Absolute truth, is expressed in the nature of man as virtues, principles and ethics

It is expressed in Christ as the ultimate ETHICAL MAN...the HIGHEST EXPRESSION OF GODS GOOD, in the nature of a man.  

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 10:46AM #7
dio

Oct 11, 2011 -- 8:04AM, lulu2 wrote:

The Universality of Humanities Soul

Which is the Absolute Truth.

It embodies mans highest good. It is whole, and complete. It is all the good that is GOD

And it is contained in the Nature of God..

Birds have a certain nature..they dont act like fish.

The Nature of GOOD, or GOD is Absolute

It has no gray areas of thisa or thata?

It's without question, for it contains all the answers.

It has no opposite because it remains whole, in TRUTH

Absolute truth, is expressed in the nature of man as virtues, principles and ethics

It is expressed in Christ as the ultimate ETHICAL MAN...the HIGHEST EXPRESSION OF GODS GOOD, in the nature of a man.  

Hello, lulu2 would that expression be anything like loving kindness?  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 11:11AM #8
lulu2

I suppose I shouldnt have answered your question seriously..for I completely by passed the context upon which you based your question...as JUST FOR FUN?

FOr when I speak of LOVE and or TRUTH, I take it seriously, because the example I draw upon, is the Christ.

Under the context of just for fun..I can only suppose the simplest of expression would be a loving kindness. Sounds almost like a whim.haha  

However, when one speaks of an Absolute or an Ultimate TRUTH..loving kindness seems minisclue, although more than valid, in its expression.

Love to me, is serious. It has little meaning, to me, if its not based completely in truth.

So when I think of love, I think of the ULTIMATE EXAMPLE AND EXPRESSION OF GODS LOVE< which is Our Planetay Soul .. Christ.therefore, its meaning is far reaching in its expression.         

Loving kindness, is  momentary unless it is YOUR CONSTANT. It is a Christlike expression, because it comes from the SOUL.

However, it also holds the concept of energy, in so much that when its given, it  can only be given IN-KIND..which means...EQUAL TO ITS GIVER.  

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 11:38AM #9
SeraphimR

Someone on this forum, maybe even you, told me that the goal of Buddhism was "to see things as they really are."  I liked the answer.  Down to earth and lofty at the same time.

Is that not the case?

People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.

P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 7:52PM #10
dio

Oct 11, 2011 -- 11:11AM, lulu2 wrote:

I suppose I shouldnt have answered your question seriously..for I completely by passed the context upon which you based your question...as JUST FOR FUN?

FOr when I speak of LOVE and or TRUTH, I take it seriously, because the example I draw upon, is the Christ.

Under the context of just for fun..I can only suppose the simplest of expression would be a loving kindness. Sounds almost like a whim.haha  

However, when one speaks of an Absolute or an Ultimate TRUTH..loving kindness seems minisclue, although more than valid, in its expression.

Love to me, is serious. It has little meaning, to me, if its not based completely in truth.

So when I think of love, I think of the ULTIMATE EXAMPLE AND EXPRESSION OF GODS LOVE< which is Our Planetay Soul .. Christ.therefore, its meaning is far reaching in its expression.         

Loving kindness, is  momentary unless it is YOUR CONSTANT. It is a Christlike expression, because it comes from the SOUL.

However, it also holds the concept of energy, in so much that when its given, it  can only be given IN-KIND..which means...EQUAL TO ITS GIVER.  

so you are saying love is ultimate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 24  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook