Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
3 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2011 - 5:13PM #11
Annie_alive

I've been a bridesmaid in an Anglican church.  Attended weddings, funerals, baptisms at various Christian churches. 

Also have attended Christian services with relatives, as well as on my own when I have felt the need to connect with people.

I regularly go to a shared meal at the local Church of Christ, which is open to all.

The spiritual connection I feel with the other people attending transcends the personal beliefs of each of them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2011 - 6:51AM #12
river8101

Humm, not many responses.   I guess, in a way, you can understand why some posters argue so definantly about their own beliefs.   They haven't the slightest idea about any other.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 8:05PM #13
Aka_me

Native American sweat lodge... should have seen the look on my face realizing the lodge is not "a long house". this is soooo cool, I just discovered them online and can rsvp for a sweat this weekend!

Hindu fire ceremony

son's Catholic baptism

nieces' LDS baptisms

brother-in-law's evangelical baptism

various friends and family confirmations and weddings

mediation, asana, pranayama, philosophy retreat by Amma

spirituality has no differences across any of the various (man-made) religions which were built ON TOP of (progressive) revelation.

internet troll... anyone who won't stop posting about bad spelling.
the government KILLS and EXPERIMENTS and TORTURES people, without ever apologizing, being held accountable or punished. and you expect me to believe they've automagically grown a conscience to not continue? like bloody hades they have.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook