Page 1 of 131  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 131 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What is the "Wrath of God?"
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 11:21AM #1
NjoyAADAirbrush
I understand that many fear the "Wrath of God"......yet for the WICKED it is rightfully so; but for those who LOVE GOD and received Christ testimony, there is NO "Wrath"!

John 3:33 He that hath received His=(Jesus Christ's) testimony hath set to his seal that GOD IS TRUE.

3:34 For He Whom God hath sent speaketh the WORDS of GOD; for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto Him.

3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things unto His hand.

3:36 He that BELIEVETH on the Son hath EVERLASTING LIFE: and he that BELIEVETH NOT the Son shall not see life; but the WRATH of GOD abideth on him.

What is "Wrath?"

Here in this verse it is the Greek word "orge, meaning a "permanent" wrath; and not as the Greek word "thumos" a "temporary" wrath.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance Greek word #3709, "ORGE" for "WRATH", orge = or-gay'; from 3713; prop. desire ( as a reaching forth or excitement of the mind ), i.e. ( by anal.) violent passive ( ire, or [justifiable] abhorrence); by impl. punishment: anger, indignation, vengeance, wrath.   

Have we seen the "Wrath of God" lately?

I believe we have!

Washington got shaken up a little, as well as the east coast. Because of their CORRUPTION!

New York not Only received hurricane Irene in the same hour received a 2.5 earthquake.

Let's look at New York; here we have had one of the worst tragedies on our shores to ever happen "September 11, 2001," our Nation lost almost 3,000 lives that Day, from Islamic Fanatical Terrorists, whom soon would see our Nation plundered. Yet, we did not fall; Why not?

Because we have God, we are "One Nation Under GOD", like it or not, 80% of "We the People"  believe in the God of the Bible, in the Father , Son and the Holy Spirit, and that Jesus Christ was the Son of GOD!

But now, we have Mayor Bloomberg declaring to this Nation (of FREE PEOPLE, according to the Constitution), that religion and GOD must be kept out of the Memorial of 9/11/2001......HOW DARE HE, what NERVE!

We the PEOPLE have rights! Freedom of religion and speech FIRST AMENDMENT, Mr. Mayor Bloomberg!

Who the H-ll is he to tell We the People, what we should say or do?

Bloomberg has no Constitutional right to stand on; BUT We the People do!

And Stand We must!!!!

Or we will loose everything; but guess what 80% of us won't ALLOW that to happen!

Because God is our God, Father, Saviour, and Protector, He has our back, and we know it!

Bloomberg, God's watching!

God's Watchmen and women are also!

Not a hair on the head of those who love and believe in God will be harmed by God's Wrath, that you can count on.

Calling on the name of the Lord in times of trouble, God is listening and will help!

We are in some exciting times!  

Watch , watchmen, watch!

In Christ,
Nancy                                                

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 12:39PM #2
Hatman

Nancy-

Someone asked me once what heaven is like; i replied that when we shuffle off this mortal coil, we are shown how our words and deeds have rippled out and affected the lives of others for good, and that is heaven.

When they asked me what hell is like, i said that when we shuffle off this mortal coil, we are shown how our words and deeds have rippled out and affected the lives of others for evil, and that is hell.

i can't recall exactly where, but there's a place in the OT where Our Father says that He shows Himself to you the same way you've shown yourself to others, i.e. to the kind, He shows Himself kind, to the generous, He shows Himself generous, etc., but to the wicked, He shows Himself perverse.

So the "wrath" of God, to my understanding, CAN mean exactly as intimated above.

Then again, i saw a testimony of a bully who'd gone to hell after he died(a NDE, really), and long story short, during his life-review, his soul was sent back in time and he was required to live in the bodies of everyone he'd ever tormented or beaten down or kicked or whatever, feeling every bit of the pain, humiliation, degradation and the bruises he'd once dished out with near-impunity.

When i heard him say that, i thought, "Wow!  That's perfect justice!"   ...and it IS, too...and perfectly harmonized with Christ, who warned us often that we'd reap what we sow, would receive again the measure that we have meted, and would have done unto us as we have done unto others.

Then, too, Our Father---being the Creator of time---can simply stop any moment of any life, and require us to live that moment (or day, or year, or life) over and over again...and all "in the blink of an eye," too.

For all the foregoing reasons and many more, it's generally not a good idea to keep figuratively poking God with a stick and daring Him to "do something."

It's also a VERY stupid idea, especially on the part of "Christians," to begin to abuse others because they think they are "saved," and therefore immune from Christ's words about sowing and reaping.

After all, Christ said that "ONLY he who endures TO THE END will be saved," so anyone who claims they are saved right now is being presumptuous, instead of humble...and disobedient to His words, to boot---which is ALSO not a good place to be during the judgment, for this is aka "hypocrite," and Christ didn't much care for 'em, right?

Oh, and one other thing; we do not have Rights because the Constitution says so; it's just a piece of paper.  We have Rights given us by Our Father that long precede the writing of the Constitution, and will long outlast it.

"Inalienable" Rights are rights that cannot be destroyed by mortal power, anyhow.  They can imprison us, torure us, kill us, but they cannot take our God-given rights unless we let 'em, and they can only force us to work for them if we lose our faith or do NOT "endure to the end."

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 1:16PM #3
NjoyAADAirbrush

Hatman,  I agree that with the measure of judgement that one puts out towards another, in that, the same judgement are they themselves judged!

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

7:2 For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Very true!

I judge no one! Never have!

I do discuss and post the Word of God, by which good and evil can be determined! Rightfully so, yet still JUDGEMENT BELONGS TO GOD! I do not differ from that!

The Constitution by the way, was created by those who knew the Word of God very well!

Biblical terminology is used throughout America Documents! As well as, in the Common Law of England!

Because I post things here or there, does not mean I judge anyone, I can disagree without judging them.

Yet, Why doeth thou judgest me?

Salvation for anyone is between the Creator and the creature, is it not?

Not between human to human!

In Christ,

Nancy

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 2:16PM #4
LeahOne

Nancy, when a person posts stupid nonsense and claims it's some sort of special True Truth - they get ridiculed for their pomposity and stupdity.

Just look at the thread titled 'End of Salvation' and you'll realize it's about the stupid nonsense ......

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 4:46PM #5
Ken

Sep 3, 2011 -- 11:21AM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Calling on the name of the Lord in times of trouble, God is listening and will help!

You might as well save your breath to cool your porridge. God never helps.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 6:05PM #6
Namchuck

Sep 3, 2011 -- 1:16PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Hatman,  I agree that with the measure of judgement that one puts out towards another, in that, the same judgement are they themselves judged!

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

7:2 For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Very true!

I judge no one! Never have!

I do discuss and post the Word of God, by which good and evil can be determined! Rightfully so, yet still JUDGEMENT BELONGS TO GOD! I do not differ from that!

The Constitution by the way, was created by those who knew the Word of God very well!

Biblical terminology is used throughout America Documents! As well as, in the Common Law of England!

Because I post things here or there, does not mean I judge anyone, I can disagree without judging them.

Yet, Why doeth thou judgest me?

Salvation for anyone is between the Creator and the creature, is it not?

Not between human to human!

In Christ,

Nancy

No one is judging you on the nature of salvation, if there is such a thing, but on the undeniable fact that you persistently indulge in conveying palpable falsehoods. A fact that stands in stark contradiction of your claims to piety.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 6:14PM #7
G.flower

I don't fear the wrath of Yahweh. He's not a bad sort.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 6:17PM #8
mainecaptain

Sep 3, 2011 -- 6:14PM, G.flower wrote:

I believe this.

Sad how many of his followers make him out to be an evil tyrant :(

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 6:18PM #9
G.flower

Sep 3, 2011 -- 6:17PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I believe this.

That's because they don't know him.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 6:26PM #10
mainecaptain

Sep 3, 2011 -- 6:18PM, G.flower wrote:

Sep 3, 2011 -- 6:17PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I believe this.

That's because they don't know him.

And that is sadder still.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 131  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 131 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook