Page 105 of 131  •  Prev 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 131 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What is the "Wrath of God?"
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 6:45PM #1041
wohali

As Ken said, it wasn't New Your City and the baby is not "doing well":

www.valleymorningstar.com/articles/bueno...

I do hope the baby girl makes it.

You know Nancy, it would be nice if you got something right once in a while...............

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 6:46PM #1042
mainecaptain

One of the things that no one seems to be able to get through to nancy, is no one hates her god. Some people don't believe in her god, some don't care one way or the other. But very few can be said to hate her god. And it is people like that, that make people turn against this god.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 4:08AM #1043
Namchuck

Apr 12, 2012 -- 6:46PM, mainecaptain wrote:

One of the things that no one seems to be able to get through to nancy, is no one hates her god. Some people don't believe in her god, some don't care one way or the other. But very few can be said to hate her god. And it is people like that, that make people turn against this god.

If I believed for a minute that Nancy's biblical god was real, I would hate the entity, but only because this deity is not as advertised; it makes bad mistakes and gets into genocidal rages.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:07AM #1044
Whisper01

Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:06PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

God is against those that teach His children to fly away to save their souls, and those who hate Him!

Nope, he is not against any whom hate him, they are his children too. Poor Nancy...

God's Wrath is a punishment for betrayal, lies and deception!

Then you might want to start reviewing what you write, you might be in danger?

There is Only One God; but many "wantabe gods!"

Deception indeed!

These "wantabe gods," do everything in their power to cause the children of God to go astray from Him; and they come under the guise of holy people, or of a religious faction! Yet, they are far from what they represent.

No, no they don't. People do this. Your possibly one of them. Odd is it not?

That is why judgment begins at the pulpit!

Then your on the chopping block, yet you push yourself farther and farther into the danger zone of Gods wrath? Why is that? Your the one in danger here if your words are right.

Irony is fun like that...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 6:01PM #1045
G.flower

I don't hate Yahweh but I do not like some of the people who claim to follow him.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 6:57PM #1046
mainecaptain

Apr 13, 2012 -- 6:01PM, G.flower wrote:

I don't hate Yahweh but I do not like some of the people who claim to follow him.

My feelings as well.

I can not imagine why any one would waste their time hating a god. I don't understand why those like nancy think anyone would. Disagreeing with them/her has nothing to do with how one feels about the god in question.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 11:54AM #1047
NjoyAADAirbrush

Apr 13, 2012 -- 10:07AM, Whisper01 wrote:

Apr 12, 2012 -- 4:06PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

God is against those that teach His children to fly away to save their souls, and those who hate Him!

Nope, he is not against any whom hate him, they are his children too. Poor Nancy...

God's Wrath is a punishment for betrayal, lies and deception!

Then you might want to start reviewing what you write, you might be in danger?

There is Only One God; but many "wantabe gods!"

Deception indeed!

These "wantabe gods," do everything in their power to cause the children of God to go astray from Him; and they come under the guise of holy people, or of a religious faction! Yet, they are far from what they represent.

No, no they don't. People do this. Your possibly one of them. Odd is it not?

That is why judgment begins at the pulpit!

Then your on the chopping block, yet you push yourself farther and farther into the danger zone of Gods wrath? Why is that? Your the one in danger here if your words are right.

Irony is fun like that...

NJOYREPLY>>>>>>What Irony? Do you think I am so stupid, that I don't realize what can come on my own head? LOL!

I know the risk I take, therefore I study to show myself approved!

I first of all,  I TRUST GOD, the CREATOR of my being, and of all that is created!

Then I take it upon myself to do research, not trusting any person, without checking them out first!

When I say GOD is against those who teach His children to "fly to save their souls," it is because that is what God's Word says!

God's Wrath comes upon those who lie to His children, as well as, those who hate Him!

I get it from Ezekiel 13, which talks about the "false preists, and priestesses," from the Manuscripts, not the NIV's mistranslation!

Ezekiel 13:17 Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face AGAINST the daughters of thy People, which prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy thou AGAINST THEM,

*Wonder why?

13:18 And say, THUS SAITH THE LORD GOD; Woe to women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of My People, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?

*They place pillow cases over Jesus out stretched Saving Arms, to cover up the Salvation through TRUTH in God's Word; to teach lies, of Rapture, the Devil's doctrine, Margaret McDonald  of the 1830's saw a vision and the clergy ran with it!

13:19 And will ye POLLUTE Me among My People for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by YOUR LYING to My People that hear your lies?

13:20 Wherefore thus saith the LORD God; Behold, I am AGAINST your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

*The "Fly Away" theory is the "Rapture" Doctrine!

13:21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver My People out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall KNOW that I am the LORD.

The Word of God, that is what I study, research, not words of men or women!

I believe in the Holy Bible , as you MUST know by now, and I could care less how others believe, that is their choice!I force no one to believe as I do! B-net!

Yet, what kind of conversation can one have, if one does not EXPRESS their BELIEF?

I thought Beliefnet was for such conversation, and NOT to stifle one "BECAUSE of WHAT THEY BELIEVE," just because it is Christianity!

But to each his or her own!

How ironic, some seem to think I do not consider myself in this life; as some might JUDGE, as though they are God!

In Christ,

Nancy

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 4:00PM #1048
Ken

Apr 14, 2012 -- 11:54AM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

What Irony? Do you think I am so stupid, that I don't realize what can come on my own head?

Yes.

When I say GOD is against those who teach His children to "fly to save their souls," it is because that is what God's Word says!

Then God's word doesn't make a lick of sense. What does "fly to save their souls" mean?

God's Wrath comes upon those who lie to His children, as well as, those who hate Him!

I get it from Ezekiel 13, which talks about the "false preists, and priestesses," from the Manuscripts, not the NIV's mistranslation!

Are you fluent in ancient Hebrew and classical Greek? Unless you are, you're not competent to judge the quality of any translation. As it happens, the KJV translation of those verses from Ezekiel 13 is gibberish. There is nothing in Ezekiel 13 about pillows and armholes or "flying to save their souls." This is one of many reasons that reputable scholars no longer use the KJV.

I thought Beliefnet was for such conversation, and NOT to stifle one "BECAUSE of WHAT THEY BELIEVE," just because it is Christianity!

You do not converse. You usually ignore responses to your posts. You preach. I am an adult and I do not appreciate being preached to by persons who are in no way superior to myself in intelligence and education. Such persons have no right to preach to me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 4:56PM #1049
Namchuck

You don't hate the idea of a god who will have children torn apart on a whim, or would commit both genocide and ecocide in a fit of adolescent rage?

No body in their right mind would "follow" such a god.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 5:08PM #1050
mainecaptain

Apr 14, 2012 -- 4:56PM, Namchuck wrote:

You don't hate the idea of a god who will have children torn apart on a whim, or would commit both genocide and ecocide in a fit of adolescent rage?

No body in their right mind would "follow" such a god.

I probably would if I believed it happened. I don't. Of course the idea is disgusting and reprehensible.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 105 of 131  •  Prev 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 131 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook