3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 4:10PM #1
paix_et_amour

Apologies if this isn't the right place for this, I'm still fairly new. Lately I've been feeling at odds with the Roman Catholic religion I've been raised in. I used to feel very strongly about my faith and felt completely connected with it, but now that I'm getting older and preparing to go to college, I'm finding my opinions and ideas are changing. I don't feel completely connected with Roman Catholicism and I can't seem to feel God the way I used to. I realize that it might help me to find a new faith tradition, but all my family is Catholic and I enjoy the traditions such as mass, the saints, etc. And even though I don't share the view of salvation and the nature of sin presented in the Catholicism, it's hard to shake the anxiety created by the idea that's been instilled in me that those who don't do everything "the right way" go to hell. I don't necessarily want to leave Catholic culture completely behind, but I'd like to develop my own spirituality, and I'm not sure where to look for this. According to the belief-o-matic quiz on this site, my beliefs coincide with those of the liberal quakers, but there aren't really any resources around where I live for me to explore that faith. Has anyone experienced something similar to this? I could like to hear advice and stories that anyone would like to share.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 4:52PM #2
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Ah, so it begins. 

I wish I could help you, I really do.  But unfortunately, at this point, I could not help you find your path, just the path I would want you to be on.  Your path you need to discover for yourself. 

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook