Page 5 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Romney's Religion and What Mormons really Believe!
3 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2011 - 11:40AM #41
Annie_alive

Aug 31, 2011 -- 4:01PM, wohali wrote:

Why do Mormons teach that brown people are bad?

In the BoM the god darkened the skins of the bad guys so that the good guys would recognise them

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2011 - 11:56AM #42
Sacrificialgoddess

Sep 1, 2011 -- 11:40AM, Annie_alive wrote:

Aug 31, 2011 -- 4:01PM, wohali wrote:

Why do Mormons teach that brown people are bad?

In the BoM the god darkened the skins of the bad guys so that the good guys would recognise them

Ah.  Divinely decreed racism.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2011 - 12:01PM #43
mainecaptain

Oh I see, What SG said.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 8:37PM #44
Lookbeyond

Comments made on this thread are typical of those who are anti-mormon and who are ignorant as to what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints actually teach and believe. They throw out comments like "why do Mormons teach that brown people are bad." We do not teach anything  as claimed. If this thread cannot be about 'religious tolerance" and trying to learn about Romney's beliefs through civil and honest discussion, then my purpose in starting this conversation has been ursurped by those who choose not to learn the truth about "Mormonism"......what they fear I do not understand..........If you want to ask questions, without already having your answers in place, then I am for helping people to come to a correct understanding about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 8:54AM #45
Sacrificialgoddess

Sep 7, 2011 -- 8:37PM, Lookbeyond wrote:

Comments made on this thread are typical of those who are anti-mormon and who are ignorant as to what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints actually teach and believe. They throw out comments like "why do Mormons teach that brown people are bad." We do not teach anything  as claimed. If this thread cannot be about 'religious tolerance" and trying to learn about Romney's beliefs through civil and honest discussion, then my purpose in starting this conversation has been ursurped by those who choose not to learn the truth about "Mormonism"......what they fear I do not understand..........If you want to ask questions, without already having your answers in place, then I am for helping people to come to a correct understanding about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

I am not anti-mormon.  I am "don't give two cents about mormons."  I have heard unflattering things about LDS history -- from mormons themselves. And, I have to say, that gives me more respect for them than for deniers.  Every religion has the ugliness problem, and as they say, admitting you have a problem is the first step to getting over it.

Mormons have their problems. If you don't admit that some of the history is rather nasty, you actually contribute to the problems and the bad image many have, rather than taking steps to improve it and help communication with folks of other faiths.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 11:51AM #46
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Well, I think part of the problem is to me, Romneys, or any other politicians religious beliefs are irrelevant to whether or not I think they can do a good job.

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 1:53PM #47
mainecaptain

Sep 8, 2011 -- 11:51AM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

Well, I think part of the problem is to me, Romneys, or any other politicians religious beliefs are irrelevant to whether or not I think they can do a good job.

all

This true ALL, infact their religion often interferes with their ability to do the job, not always, but these days it seems too.

If you are going to govern other people, you need to be a citizen first, not your religion first.

P.S. I have no problem with Mormons, there are quite a few around here, and individually they seem just as nice as anyone. I, unlike the original poster, do not judge people by their religion, but by their behaviour.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 3:53PM #48
wohali

Lookbeyond:

"It is a teaching found in the Book of Mormon as I have shown......and as a fulfillment of that teaching, you can find many of Lamanite descent who have become a "white and delightsome" people."

If LDS don't believe that brown people are something less than white folks, why would they teach that they will become "white and delightsome"? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 2:45PM #49
wohali

Lookbeyond, if there were such a thing as "Laminites", why would they need to become "white and delightsome"?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 2:52PM #50
mainecaptain

I much prefer everyday type people, to the borg of "white and delightsome"

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook