Switch to Forum Live View Converting from Christianity to Buddhism...
3 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2011 - 11:49PM #1
Aquella
Has anyone else done the same thing? Or able to relate and share there experience?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2011 - 10:09AM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

Well, I don't know if there are any specific Christian to Buddhists here, but I know a lot of us converted from Christianity to something else who will be willing to talk to you, if you want.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2011 - 11:21AM #3
allthegoodnamesweretaken

It depends on what your beliefs are.  I left Christianity, which made me an atheist, and then I moved to Zen Buddhism for a short while before finding my gods. 

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2011 - 10:13PM #4
Sacrificialgoddess

I didn't know you had done the Buddhist thing, All. Wow, you learn something new every day.  Even when I was searching, I knew Buddhism wasn't for me. World view wasn't something I could quite grasp.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 1:31PM #5
allthegoodnamesweretaken

I think I was attracted to the meditation and serenity aspects of it.  There were other issues going on in my life then that had me wound up like a top. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 1:49PM #6
Sacrificialgoddess

Aug 23, 2011 -- 1:31PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

I think I was attracted to the meditation and serenity aspects of it.  There were other issues going on in my life then that had me wound up like a top. 

You?  Serene? 

*chokes with laughter*

Big brother, you sitting on a zafu, meditiating all day is something I can't quite picture. You are a doer.  Like me, I think you would rather have the problem resolved, rather than sit and think on it.  Maybe that's why the gods love you so much, eh?

((((All))))

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 2:07PM #7
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Aug 23, 2011 -- 1:49PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Aug 23, 2011 -- 1:31PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

You?  Serene? 

*chokes with laughter*

Big brother, you sitting on a zafu, meditiating all day is something I can't quite picture. You are a doer.  Like me, I think you would rather have the problem resolved, rather than sit and think on it.  Maybe that's why the gods love you so much, eh?

((((All))))

Yeah, I was up to about a hour.  I think that's why I got such a clue by four. 

You're right by the way.  If there is a problem, and I can do something to fix it, I have to do it.  I can't just sit there and let there be a problem.  I have to be making forward progress. 

I actually think that was part of my looking into Buddhism.  It was a way of working on something that I otherwise couldn't work on. Of course, Thor set my head strait about that, and it sure didn't take a lot of sitting on a cushion to do so. 

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 2:58PM #8
Sacrificialgoddess

Aug 23, 2011 -- 2:07PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

You're right by the way.  If there is a problem, and I can do something to fix it, I have to do it.  I can't just sit there and let there be a problem.  I have to be making forward progress. 

I actually think that was part of my looking into Buddhism.  It was a way of working on something that I otherwise couldn't work on. Of course, Thor set my head strait about that, and it sure didn't take a lot of sitting on a cushion to do so. 

all

It's that big ole hammer of his.  Makes clue-by-fours easy to deliver...

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 3:01PM #9
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Aug 23, 2011 -- 2:58PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Aug 23, 2011 -- 2:07PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

all

It's that big ole hammer of his.  Makes clue-by-fours easy to deliver...

Let me tell ya, when he gives you a wake up call, you know you got a wake up call.....

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook