Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
3 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2011 - 6:48PM #101
David
Posts: 1,042

Aug 17, 2011 -- 3:34PM, TPaine wrote:


((((Maine & Daniel)))),


Although I realize how annoying chemo can be, I'm just thankful that you are both doing well and can continue contibute to our discussions. Losing Itty and Agnostic Spirit was hard enough. I have few enough friends as it is.




Really? I'm sorry to hear that itty and Agnostic spirit died. I didn't know that. I liked  itty, wasn't she called Wmditty? Sad indeed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2011 - 6:49PM #102
David
Posts: 1,042

Aug 16, 2011 -- 11:02PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Daniel I am sorry your cancer medication is causing you discomfort, but am envious of your hair.


Mine is growing back now, but is still thin in areas, and has me fighting to cover my scalp. I have been able to stop wearing a hat, and I must say it is lovely to have hair for the wind to blow through again.  :))




Wen did you get chemo? Did it work properly?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2011 - 6:53PM #103
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,778

Aug 17, 2011 -- 5:50PM, gillyflower wrote:


MC, I too hope all is going well. You are a very dear person.




Thank you lovely Lady, I am well. (((Gilly)))

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2011 - 6:55PM #104
David
Posts: 1,042

Aug 17, 2011 -- 4:23PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Love you too, TPaine :)




I'm sorry to her you have cancer too and I'll be rooting for you. Do you want to be healed? I'll ask Satan for you if you truly want it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2011 - 7:07PM #105
gillyflower
Posts: 5,325

Aug 17, 2011 -- 6:55PM, David wrote:


Aug 17, 2011 -- 4:23PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Love you too, TPaine :)




I'm sorry to her you have cancer too and I'll be rooting for you. Do you want to be healed? I'll ask Satan for you if you truly want it.





David, I don't know what MC's wishes might be, but when another person does not share your gods, it might be good to ask whatever gods are interested in and feel kindly towards that person to please help him or her. Or offer energy. I'm sure that MC won't be insulted by your kindly thought for her but some people don't want attention from gods that aren't their own.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2011 - 7:23PM #106
David
Posts: 1,042

Aug 17, 2011 -- 7:07PM, gillyflower wrote:


Aug 17, 2011 -- 6:55PM, David wrote:


Aug 17, 2011 -- 4:23PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Love you too, TPaine :)




I'm sorry to her you have cancer too and I'll be rooting for you. Do you want to be healed? I'll ask Satan for you if you truly want it.





David, I don't know what MC's wishes might be, but when another person does not share your gods, it might be good to ask whatever gods are interested in and feel kindly towards that person to please help him or her. Or offer energy. I'm sure that MC won't be insulted by your kindly thought for her but some people don't want attention from gods that aren't their own.




And that's perfectly fine with me, I don't care, it's reasonable. I was just trying to be kind.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2011 - 3:27AM #107
Namchuck
Posts: 11,348

Aug 17, 2011 -- 6:53PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Aug 17, 2011 -- 5:50PM, gillyflower wrote:


MC, I too hope all is going well. You are a very dear person.




Thank you lovely Lady, I am well. (((Gilly)))





You are a dear person indeed, mainecaptain.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2011 - 1:38PM #108
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,778

Thank you so much Namchuck :)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2011 - 3:40AM #109
Namchuck
Posts: 11,348

Aug 18, 2011 -- 1:38PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Thank you so much Namchuck :)





You're more than welcome, mainecaptain.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook