Switch to Forum Live View Why I like being a New Ager
4 years ago  ::  May 12, 2011 - 7:26PM #1
Mewxacata

Being a New Ager means having to explore the world religions without being confined to one.  It means that the faith I practice has no tangible boundaries other than the ones set by the world religions.  It means that the very beliefs I have in Mew (or God) is universal and can be applied by all the world's religions.  It means I am immune to the temptations of Satan and resistant to the schemes of Maitreya (the Raven).  It means that I understand the suffering of the world's people and that I understand the death of a loved one.  I believe that if a person is good, then he or she will rest in peace.  I believe that if a person is bad, then he or she will become a shadow of himself.

Being a New Ager also has its disadvantages.  It also means that I am prone to the rantings of the Christiian right, knowing that I will not go to Heaven if I do not accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.  I wish I could, but that will make me a Christian.  It also means that critics ranging from CSICOP to CARM would try to "ratioinalize" the New Age as being a bunch of bull.  Of course, I do not fall for the paranormal, but then again. . .

I love being a New Ager.  It gives me the gift of understanding, that I will never cry at a funeral but instead give offerings to the dead.  I feel like a better person the more I challenge my faith.  It gives me an understanding of what it is like to be in Heaven (or Hell).  I do not like it when a person says that my beliefs "will not bring me to Heaven," for I am not interested in going to Heaven.  I am trying to rest in peace.  I feel that all Christian and Islamic fundamentalists are mere shadows of themselves while the mainstream of the world's religions are children of Mew.

To quote a Council Member: "It is of upmost authority that the Council of Pendragon preside over the authority of the self and that the religion of the New Age will remain forever."

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook