Page 57 of 81  •  Prev 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 81 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Raiser of Taxes?
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 11:16AM #561
G.flower

Thought for today: Is there any difference between a person who spends all their time fantasizing about the End of the World due to their god(s) and a person who spends all their time fantasizing about having a love affair with a movie star?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 3:19PM #562
TPaine

May 8, 2012 -- 9:42PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

TPaine, I can understand one voting as one goes with the flow of like minded people for Candidates, on whatever issues. I know many independents. Nonetheless, the New World Order in itself, does not come to completion because of the lack of agreement with the Nations....that is why there is a "deadly wound" that comes upon this beast system. Antichrist or Satan in the role of impostering Jesus, heals it's wound, and he is worshipped for it!

If you knew first century CE history, you would know that Christians living at the time Revelation was written that the second great persecutor (Domitian) was the resurrected first great persecutor (Nero). John of Patmos wrote for his time, not the long distant future. All the metaphors in the book point to the Roman Empire.

May 8, 2012 -- 9:42PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Who would not go for peace and prosperity?

The very thing the world yearns for at this time, especially!

I would love to see universal peace and prosperity but I'm not going to buy the message of some charlatan who promises it to me if I'll worship him/her especially if (s)he claimed to have healed a fatal wound (s)he had. Anyone who understands human nature would know that such a claim and promise would be pure bovine excrement.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 3:29PM #563
TPaine

May 9, 2012 -- 11:16AM, G.flower wrote:

Thought for today: Is there any difference between a person who spends all their time fantasizing about the End of the World due to their god(s) and a person who spends all their time fantasizing about having a love affair with a movie star?

Yes there is a difference. The former fantasy is negative while the latter one is positive. The former symbolizes pain, the latter pleasure.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 3:57PM #564
mainecaptain

May 9, 2012 -- 3:29PM, TPaine wrote:

Yes there is a difference. The former fantasy is negative while the latter one is positive. The former symbolizes pain, the latter pleasure.

I was thinking the same thing. :)

Pleasure for both parties,

where the former, fantasises about the earth's population all suffering in hell.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 7:41AM #565
G.flower

Most of us realize that our fantasies are fun to think about but they aren't really going to happen. I think they think that their fantasies will happen.

Moderated by Adelphe on May 14, 2012 - 11:21AM
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 12:39PM #566
mainecaptain

May 10, 2012 -- 7:41AM, G.flower wrote:

Most of us realize that our fantasies are fun to think about but they aren't really going to happen. I think they think that their fantasies will happen.

Could not agree more. And that is one of the things that worries me about that type. They are usually the ones, you end up hearing about on the news, the cause of some tragedy. The same kind of people the flew planes into buildings.

Moderated by Adelphe on May 14, 2012 - 11:22AM
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:08PM #567
wohali

Maine:

"Could not agree more. And that is one of the things that worries me about that type. They are usually the ones, you end up hearing about on the news, the cause of some tragedy. The same kind of people the flew planes into buildings."

Or like Anders Brievek?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:27PM #568
Ferretling

Yes. The latter usually just finds a private place to have a little fun with a picture/video and a bit of manual dexterity.

The former tries to shape government policy and tries to oppress those who do not believe in like manner.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:37PM #569
mainecaptain

May 10, 2012 -- 1:08PM, wohali wrote:

Maine:

"Could not agree more. And that is one of the things that worries me about that type. They are usually the ones, you end up hearing about on the news, the cause of some tragedy. The same kind of people the flew planes into buildings."

Or like Anders Brievek?

Excellent comparison. Yes. Like him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 3:50PM #570
TPaine

May 10, 2012 -- 1:27PM, Ferretling wrote:

Yes. The latter usually just finds a private place to have a little fun with a picture/video and a bit of manual dexterity.

The former tries to shape government policy and tries to oppress those who do not believe in like manner.

The former type have been known to accomplish such oppressions in places called Dachau, Buchenwald, Auschwitz, and Treblinka.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 57 of 81  •  Prev 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 81 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook