Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View PR: Prophet Claims God Has Responded to Crisis in Japan
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 3:06PM #1
JB4040
A link to the press Release:

www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_177340...

Be sure to follow the link in the PR text to hear and read the revelatory teaching called "Planetary Instability." It is quite moving.

Lets hear your thoughts and feelings about this. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 5:26PM #2
DotNotInOz

I'm most struck by these two statements of Summers's: People are having little experiences of Knowledge, so many people, but they do not know and are unaware of the greater endowment that God has given them. They are still influenced by the consensus opinion or the views of certain individuals in positions of leadership.

Stand to reason since he's a self-proclaimed prophet, a leadership position, that I ought not be influenced by anything he says.

I think the man generalizes shamelessly. Not EVERYone on this earth is as ignorant and unaware as he indicates. I think the Dalai Lama, for one, might well laugh at such effrontery.

I certainly do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 5:38PM #3
solfeggio

Well, I read what the guy said, and I haven't a clue as to what he is on about.  It looked like a lot of nonsense to me.  And Dot is right to point out how he generalises.

What surprises me is that such a silly little squib was actually published in a big city newspaper.

Good for a laugh - but nothing more.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 6:07PM #4
DotNotInOz

Oh, I quite agree with you, Solfeggio, that "silly little squib" is in a sense an apt description of this piece.

However, the Denver Post has long had a justified reputation as one of the top U.S. newspapers. I suspect from the tone of the article that they're attempting to fulfill their obligation to cover people and events that might be deemed locally and regionally newsworthy but consider the man a crank about whom people need to be informed so as to have an idea what he's about.

Frankly, I consider JB4040's continued links to this man's pronouncements to fall little short of proselytizing. Summers has said absolutely nothing that hasn't been said with more brevity and better wording by numerous others before him. The man repeats himself appallingly and endlessly!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 7:24PM #5
mountain_man

Mar 30, 2011 -- 3:06PM, JB4040 wrote:

...Lets hear your thoughts and feelings about this. 

Pure BS. And I'm being nice.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 8:05PM #6
REteach

God enlightened people about plate tectonics years ago. 

Just how many millennia have we been in end times with prophets bringing the truth? How many earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, meteors, droughts, etc, have brought basically the same message over time?

I don't see anything of substance. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 8:12PM #7
jane2

Mar 30, 2011 -- 5:26PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

I'm most struck by these two statements of Summers's: People are having little experiences of Knowledge, so many people, but they do not know and are unaware of the greater endowment that God has given them. They are still influenced by the consensus opinion or the views of certain individuals in positions of leadership.

Stand to reason since he's a self-proclaimed prophet, a leadership position, that I ought not be influenced by anything he says.

I think the man generalizes shamelessly. Not EVERYone on this earth is as ignorant and unaware as he indicates. I think the Dalai Lama, for one, might well laugh at such effrontery.

I certainly do.

One of my favorite pictures is of the Dalai Lama visiting the grave of Thomas Merton. I read Merton's SEVEN STOREY MOUNTAIN as a junior in an elite Catholic School. He is one of my favorite writers on faith thinking. Somehow he electrocuted himself on 220 watt circuitry while conferring with Thai monks near Bangkok--he was a Trappist monk himself then.

Truth is I didn't read the OP link--on purpose, but I am interested in the responses.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 8:28PM #8
Yavanna

It's pointless garbage.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2011 - 1:26PM #9
Paravani

Hi, All!

I agree, most of it was BS.  I didn't listen to link, I just read the copy, and it sounded like it was written for sheep -- bah, bah, bah!

However, I found this part to be very interesting, because it's very similar to what was written (in Spanish) in a crop circle in South America:

Humanity’s growing instability will call others from the universe  around you to exploit the situation for themselves. They will come under  the guise of being spiritually enlightened, to be great emancipators,  to be true environmentalists. Whatever you want and expect, they will  create this façade. And their technology will impress you, and their  words will speak to your hidden desires and your hidden fears.

But no one is going to come and save humanity, and those who claim  to be here for this purpose are here to take advantage of the situation.  They are clever and cunning. They know what you are facing, for all  intelligent life in their own home worlds had to face a decline in their  environments. It is a prospect that few have been able to escape in the  history of the universe.

How will humanity respond? How will you respond? How are you  responding at this moment to the growing calamities and catastrophes  around the world? Are you even looking? Are you paying attention?

The crop circle message said something like, "There will be more than one race who contacts you.  Do not be taken in by the ones bearing gifts of technology -- they are great deceivers, and they will take advantage of your weakness in this time."

... Something like that anyway.

Interesting, interesting...

Love,

-- Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2011 - 1:40PM #10
mountain_man

Mar 31, 2011 -- 1:26PM, Paravani wrote:

....The crop circle message said something like, "There will be more than one race who contacts you.  Do not be taken in by the ones bearing gifts of technology -- they are great deceivers, and they will take advantage of your weakness in this time."

... Something like that anyway.

Interesting, interesting...

You do know that all crop circles are man made, don't you? They're all hoaxes, teen pranks, bored college students, etc. Doug Bower and Dave Chorley, from England, came up with the idea in the early 1980's.

That "message" was quite long for a "crop circle."

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook