Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View PR: Prophet Claims God Has Responded to Crisis in Japan
4 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 3:21PM #31
TPaine

Apr 5, 2011 -- 3:10PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

Apr 5, 2011 -- 3:05PM, TPaine wrote:

Perhaps if Summers hasn't run out of funny cigarettes he could get God to inform him how the extra-terrestrials manage to exceed the speed of light which would be necessary to travel across the vast inter-stellar distances.

They've perfected a deviceless transporter. "Beam me up, Akablark!"

Silly you, Tpaine, not to have realized that must be how they get here and back home again.

But... but... but... if they were that technically advanced wouldn't they have the Romulan cloaking device so we wouldn't see their ships and know there are UFO's? After all Kirk and Spock had to steal one to protect the Federation.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 3:26PM #32
DotNotInOz

I've gotta agree that it might be lots more fun for them to snatch their human abductees unawares by means of a cloaking device.

But makes sense that they rather enjoy a bit of entrapment before hauling some poor sucker onboard to dissect and examine. I expect it's somewhat more effortless to nab us humans while we're pointing skyward and exclaiming, "Sunuvagun, Martha! Ain't that a UFO up there?"

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 4:03PM #33
mountain_man

Apr 5, 2011 -- 3:05PM, TPaine wrote:

Perhaps if Summers hasn't run out of funny cigarettes he could get God to inform him how the extra-terrestrials manage to exceed the speed of light which would be necessary to travel across the vast inter-stellar distances.

I thing he as a more serious problem. His "visions" have some of the indications of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Or, he is really smart, has no morals, and is just taking his followers for all they got.

This whole discussion caused me to remember the Twilight Zone episode in which aliens visited earth and brought about world peace among other things, then offered people trips to their world. They left behind a book in their language titled How To Serve Man. As the protagonist was entering the spaceship to make the trip a lady translator ran up and just a bit too late called out, "Don't go, it's a cookbook!"

I like the Simpsons take on that.  If they want to eat us though, why all the anal probing?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook