Page 3 of 15  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View BECAUSE YAHWEH SO MUCH LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE ... HIS ONLY SON .... HE SAID...
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 1:40PM #21
allthegoodnamesweretaken

You're a Ford guy aren't ya Pete? 

Your opening posts kind of remind me of a Ford v Chevy argument. 

You want to extoll the virtues of your beliefs?  Fine.  It's not the only belief though. Everyone you talk to is going to have a belief, and many of them are going to be different.  Maybe a little, maybe a lot. 

So stop professing that Fords are the only trucks out there, and start listening to others telling you that they like what they have, and it's not a Ford. 

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 2:30PM #22
TPaine

Mar 23, 2011 -- 12:13PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

you dont seem to understand that what i am saying  is that the " end of the world view" because the bible says its so is a false teaching that and everyone needs to hears that refutation for TRUTHS Sake as well as The Truthful Reasons we have been given  for our hope in OUR WORLDS continuing on-

if it is your belief that only those views that agree with the biblical apocalyptic view should be allowed to post here then  i say your wrong in that view-

do you understand that mr rev ?

Peter, if you are saying you believe that the biblical apocalyptic view is a false teaching, I agree with you. That said, since this is a multi-faith discussion board you will find people who have many different or even no religious views. You may get a better discussion if you provide some basis for your beliefs instead of just posting them. I have spent a great deal of time in this forum disagreeing with those who hold an apocalyptic view, so I believe that you have every right to post here. The trouble is if you just repeat your beliefs without providing supporting evidence that can be discussed, it can come across a proselytizing which violates the Bnet Rules of Conduct especially in multi-faith forums.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 3:50PM #23
Peter_d_roman

all- if you mean " Yesh'wa " when you say ford

and by cheve you mean " the bible"

and imply that ether car maker as the origin of ones religious based faith then yes indeed im a ford man knowing that some folks still  prefer to walk.

t. piane ( btw i like your avatar name very much)

thanks for the kind words expressed in your reply.

i understand the issue as you present it better now and i will try to provide supporting rhetoric if not logical evidence to buttress my stated view.

firstly my posting was meant as a direct shot of opposition to any that look to the bible as there point of faith that " the world is doomed to end- because the bible says so" .

in my posting i used a paraphrased and modified verse from john gosple to show that " the bible is not of one mind of the subject of the earths being born to die".

in my posting i also attempted to show the falseness of the view :

" human being + religious faith = salvation or life after biological life on earth passes" 

to being better expressed as-

" human being + the affirmative elements of being human ( caring for others in need, helping others in need, indeed seeing others as if they are we at some basic level a real part of each of us ) = a natural spiritual evolution for all religious and secular alike into The New Life beyond death as our human birth right-

and that since this world was created so that every human being MAY PROGRESS via Love that every  so called " religious view and direct teaching"  that  its all gunna burn and soon" is not only inconsistent with earth and human kinds creation -

it also reeks of what  human kinds nemesis would say and have us believe so as to have us freely let go of the real and true hope that is Our Savior Brother Ongoing Life -

lived by Him  some 2011 + years now..

in that sense i am asking " hay believer just who are you serving with those bible born apocalyptic teachings of yours because Our Savior never told us to preach those things?!?

as i am suggesting for any that has not heard of Him to " see for your self.

thanks for asking and im sorry but i can not further separate what is my living heart from my love for Our Father / Our Savior Brother-

so if this is read as " faith spreading violation" i am guilty as charged.

yours truly

peter the roman

>p

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 4:34PM #24
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Mar 23, 2011 -- 3:50PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

Actually, by 'Ford' I mean  Christianity in general, and the different denominations would be like different models, but all built by the same company. 

Things built by different companies, would have a completely different origin.  Some more similar, some less. 

Mercury would be Judaism, and Lincoln would be Islam.  All in the "Ford family" but distinct and different at the same time. 

Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, ect, would be represent completely different things, with completely different origins. 

Do you see?

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 7:20PM #25
mainecaptain

Mar 23, 2011 -- 4:34PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

Actually, by 'Ford' I mean  Christianity in general, and the different denominations would be like different models, but all built by the same company. 

Things built by different companies, would have a completely different origin.  Some more similar, some less. 

Mercury would be Judaism, and Lincoln would be Islam.  All in the "Ford family" but distinct and different at the same time. 

Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, ect, would be represent completely different things, with completely different origins. 

Do you see?

all

Excellent example ALL.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 7:47PM #26
Peter_d_roman

i do see your point all-

but i will keep to my posted view.

to my way of thinking " christians " placing there faith and giving there blind and binding  loyalty to the biblical records have effectively reduced " The Savior Truth " to little more then myth status -

that faith distorted by there paper prism  gives way to them putting there now weaken faith into untruthful teachings like " the rapture " and end times events weakening there faiths miracle making power further still -

instead of there focusing  there hearts and minds to where He said our faith 100% focus needs to be-

on our growing and creating our faithful love.

im sorry - this tread is meant as a mostly secular work but  it seems to be become more sacred by the sentence... maybe i should rest a tad now.

it seems i can not separate my words from my love for My Savior Brothers TRUTH in the same way i can not separate my heart from its veins and arteries...

but to tell you the truth i would not even if i could because it was from His Love that i gleaned Purest  Love ITSELF.

thanks again for your reply

>p

Mar 23, 2011 -- 4:34PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

Do you see?

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 8:32PM #27
BillWitt

Mar 23, 2011 -- 7:47PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

instead of there focusing  there hearts and minds to where He said our faith 100% focus needs to be - on our growing and creating our faithful love.

Who is this "He" character you keep referring to??  I don't think I need him.  I don't listen to what some fictional character has to say. 

Who am I to have "faithful love" for??  Hitler?  My wife?  My dog?  My Mistress?

it seems i can not separate my words from my love for My Savior Brothers TRUTH 

Yes, this seems to be true, and it sounds like you are just stating your religious feelings, and believes.  This is not the Board to do this.  Most of us don't care what your religious beliefs are.  If you can't separate the two, it is probably best to post on another Board.   

What Savior are you talking about??  I wasn't aware of any Savior.  What TRUTH are you talking about??  You keep talking about things, and you never tell them what they are.  If you present material for others to read, you should certainly tell them what you are talking about. 

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - -Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 10:10PM #28
Peter_d_roman

thank you for your reply

>p

Mar 23, 2011 -- 8:32PM, BillWitt wrote:

instead of there focusing  there hearts and minds to where He said our faith 100% focus needs to be - on our growing and creating our faithful love.

Who is this "He" character you keep referring to??  I don't think I need him.  I don't listen to what some fictional character has to say. 

Who am I to have "faithful love" for??  Hitler?  My wife?  My dog?  My Mistress?

it seems i can not separate my words from my love for My Savior Brothers TRUTH 

Yes, this seems to be true, and it sounds like you are just stating your religious feelings, and believes.  This is not the Board to do this.  Most of us don't care what your religious beliefs are.  If you can't separate the two, it is probably best to post on another Board.   

What Savior are you talking about??  I wasn't aware of any Savior.  What TRUTH are you talking about??  You keep talking about things, and you never tell them what they are.  If you present material for others to read, you should certainly tell them what you are talking about. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2011 - 12:04PM #29
allthegoodnamesweretaken

i do see your point all-

My intent is not to change your view, but the way you present your view, and to give you a greater understanding of the world around you. 

to my way of thinking " christians " placing there faith and giving there blind and binding  loyalty to the biblical records have effectively reduced " The Savior Truth " to little more then myth status -

I see what you are saying, however, you have to understand that it is they who impressed the importance of this myth on to you, and even though you may have a different understanding of it, it is not that different from what they believe. 

that faith distorted by there paper prism  gives way to them putting there now weaken faith into untruthful teachings like " the rapture " and end times events weakening there faiths miracle making power further still -

Have you applied that criticism to your own life?  How receptive are you to others who try to show you errors in your own understandings?  Do you consider what they say, or do you just say that you will stick to your posted views? 

instead of there focusing  there hearts and minds to where He said our faith 100% focus needs to be-

Yeah, but not to everyone. 

but to tell you the truth i would not even if i could because it was from His Love that i gleaned Purest  Love ITSELF.

Good for you.  I have a different source. 

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2011 - 1:09PM #30
Peter_d_roman

thank you all-

that is a very loving thing for you to have done.

careful now if you continue in that way you may find your feet in Our Fathers House!

>p

Mar 24, 2011 -- 12:04PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

i do see your point all-

My intent is not to change your view, but the way you present your view, and to give you a greater understanding of the world around you. 

I see what you are saying, however, you have to understand that it is they who impressed the importance of this myth on to you, and even though you may have a different understanding of it, it is not that different from what they believe. 

Have you applied that criticism to your own life?  How receptive are you to others who try to show you errors in your own understandings?  Do you consider what they say, or do you just say that you will stick to your posted views? 

Yeah, but not to everyone. 

Good for you.  I have a different source. 

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 15  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook