Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Pause Switch to Standard View 2011 in Bible Prophecy
Show More
Flag theinterpreter July 24, 2011 10:53 AM EDT

Jul 4, 2011 -- 6:06PM, Ken wrote:

Jul 3, 2011 -- 11:39AM, wohali wrote:

We've had a very mild year so far here in Southern California.

Thanks for asking.

Nothing special here in Pennsylvania. Warmish, occasional rain, a typical summer. The winter and spring were ordinary as well.

How do like the weather now, Ken?

A heat wave is now scorching most of the US including Pennsylvania I believe.

Flag gillyflower July 24, 2011 3:13 PM EDT

Yes, it is good pool weather, also a good day to go to the river or lakes. Isn't it nice to have icy drinks, air conditioning and fans on a hot day?

Flag Whisper01 July 24, 2011 4:59 PM EDT

Yep, we here in the middle of Oklahoma have a dreadful heat wave afflicting us. But God said unto they that sought out this green land "Build thyself pools", and we did. The pool is cool, the grass green, the trees in full form. Yep, a veritable disaster area. God doth hate us so as to send such sun against us, but loveth us by sending his servant "cool water" to soothe us. Just can't figure out old God. But then, I don't even try... just go with the blows. Go figure?

Flag Namchuck July 24, 2011 7:31 PM EDT

Jul 24, 2011 -- 10:53AM, theinterpreter wrote:

Thanks for asking.

Nothing special here in Pennsylvania. Warmish, occasional rain, a typical summer. The winter and spring were ordinary as well.

And we here in New Zealand now get snow both in Winter and in Summer. The gods must be crazy.

Flag theinterpreter July 26, 2011 11:42 AM EDT

Jul 24, 2011 -- 3:13PM, gillyflower wrote:

Yes, it is good pool weather, also a good day to go to the river or lakes. Isn't it nice to have icy drinks, air conditioning and fans on a hot day?

Yes, but I have to work outside in the heat of the day.

Flag SecondSonOfDavid July 26, 2011 9:04 PM EDT

Jul 26, 2011 -- 11:42AM, theinterpreter wrote:

Yes, but I have to work outside in the heat of the day.

True.  Sad, really, how few really good job opportunities there are for psychotic malcontents these days.

Flag Namchuck July 27, 2011 3:38 AM EDT

Curiously, Christians rarely seem troubled to heed their god's word. They are forever judging people. Their glasshouses are full of stones.

Flag wohali July 27, 2011 11:46 AM EDT

"A heat wave is now scorching most of the US including Pennsylvania I believe."

Isn't it weird how that happens in the summer?

Flag Ken July 27, 2011 6:03 PM EDT

Jul 24, 2011 -- 10:53AM, theinterpreter wrote:

Thanks for asking.

It didn't last long. Today is quite pleasant. One expects a heat wave in late July.

Flag SecondSonOfDavid July 27, 2011 8:22 PM EDT

In April, we in South Texas were worried about the possibility of tropical storms or hurricanes.  Last night the meteorologist (I miss the old days when it was the 'weather man') spoke of a tropical depression down by Cuba and actually said he hoped we would get a tropical storm this weekend to bring us some rain.  The drought is really bad by now.

Flag Whisper01 July 28, 2011 8:47 AM EDT

Well is looks like Pennsylvania is in the clear and no longer suffering Gods Heat Wave Wrath, that mysteriously stuck in summer, how odd. But if it makes TheInterpreter happy Oklahoma is still being struck by Gods Summer Wrath daily with little respite in view. But we are handling it OK I think with the use of water and air conditioning and the likes. We make due under Gods Wrath.

God is very practicle I must say, using a heat wave to strike with in the midst of Summer. For you see if God used a heat wave of this magnitude in the midst of say Winter his power bill would go up enormously and I'm not sure he's got that kind of money just lying around you know? It's hard to give a truely awesom sign when your cash flow is low. So I must give my' tip of the hat' to God for being so practicle in these times by using heat in summer and cold in winter. A good example for us all no doubt!

Flag wohali August 17, 2011 11:57 AM EDT

Theinterpreter, post #344:

" The Euphrates has dried up three times, in three different spots. It's proof that we are now experiencing the 7 last plagues, including skin cancer and global warming. Next to come is a world war, fought over Jerusalem."

In his own words.........

Flag wohali August 17, 2011 3:26 PM EDT

Post #1:

It is time once again to make my annual predictions as I have done since 1992.
Unlike Jean Dixon’s, et al, mine are based on prophecies of Jesus and all come true
– though sometimes, I will admit, I am ahead of God’s timetable by a year or two.
We are the generation that lives in very exciting times and also very perilous times to behold
– six of the seven last plagues have been poured out and the seventh is about to unfold!

1. Cases of unsightly and often deadly skin cancer will increase again,
among those who worship the image of suntanned skin (Rev. 16:1-2)

2. Red hued tides will appear throughout every sea,
and cause billions of fish to cease to be (Rev. 16:3)

3. Algae and pollution will appear in rivers and lakes,
making the earth’s water unsafe to intake (Rev. 16:4-7)

4. It will again be a very hot year,
Adding high seas and heat strokes to things to fear (Rev. 16:8-9)

5. The darkness of atheism will increase, and men will gnaw their tongues and blaspheme God Almighty
because of strange new diseases in their body (Rev. 16:10-11)

6. The battle of Ar Mageddon has begun, when the Euphrates was dry on 9/11.
It will escalate until Israel and its few friends have won. (Rev. 16:12-21)

May God’s Kingdom come, and His will be done, on Earth as it is in heaven. (From the Lord’s prayer, Luke 11:2)
Amen!

A brother in Christ,
Barry Midyet

He maintains that the Euphrates was dry on 9/11, even after he has been shown multiple sources that the Euphrates was indeed flowing well.

It still is flowing.

Flag theinterpreter August 17, 2011 4:24 PM EDT

Aug 17, 2011 -- 3:26PM, wohali wrote:

Post #1:

Unlike Jean Dixon’s, et al, mine are based on prophecies of Jesus and all come true
– though sometimes, I will admit, I am ahead of God’s timetable by a year or two.
We are the generation that lives in very exciting times and also very perilous times to behold
– six of the seven last plagues have been poured out and the seventh is about to unfold!

5. The darkness of atheism will increase, and men will gnaw their tongues and blaspheme God Almighty

May God’s Kingdom come, and His will be done, on Earth as it is in heaven. (From the Lord’s prayer, Luke 11:2)
Amen!

A brother in Christ,
Barry Midyet

He maintains that the Euphrates was dry on 9/11, even after he has been shown multiple sources that the Euphrates was indeed flowing well.

It still is flowing.

Get real. I gave you a link that said the Euphrates was dry.

Flag MysticWanderer August 17, 2011 4:56 PM EDT

We gave you several more showing that it was not even pictures!

Flag wohali August 17, 2011 5:18 PM EDT

Theinterpreter:

"Get real. I gave you a link that said the Euphrates was dry."

No, you didn't. One link you gave said that the marshes alongside the Euphrates were drained on the orders of Saddam Hussein. It didn't affect the river.

We gave several links that stated quite clearly that the Euphrates has not "dried-up".

Flag theinterpreter August 17, 2011 5:47 PM EDT

Aug 17, 2011 -- 5:18PM, wohali wrote:

Theinterpreter:

"Get real. I gave you a link that said the Euphrates was dry."

No, you didn't. One link you gave said that the marshes alongside the Euphrates were drained on the orders of Saddam Hussein. It didn't affect the river.

We gave several links that stated quite clearly that the Euphrates has not "dried-up".

Perhaps you didn't read post 370.

I'll repeat it here:

So you do not like my links? Here's one form Wikipedia:

"After part of the Euphrates was dried up due to re-routing its water to the sea, a dam was built so water could not back up from the Tigris and sustain the former marshland."

(from the "Tigris-Euphrates river system" article)

Flag wohali August 17, 2011 7:55 PM EDT

"After part of the Euphrates was dried up due to re-routing its water to the sea, a dam was built so water could not back up from the Tigris and sustain the former marshland."

The waters of part the Euphrates were re-routed. The channel was changed.

The Euphrates didn't dry up.

Get over it. 

Flag christine3 August 19, 2011 12:24 PM EDT
I don't knew where to write this.  Here is as good a place as any.

The Great Serpent is here!  Tell the people far and wide to get ready!!!  Why do I say The Great Serpent is here?  When I sit still and follow the movement of my body, it goes in the shape of The Great Serpent.  The "Egg" at the right side is being thrust.  The "Egg" is the New World being born. 

www.greatserpentmound.com/

Tell The People far and wide.  The Great Serpent is here!!!
Flag Ken August 19, 2011 12:42 PM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 12:24PM, christine3 wrote:

I don't knew where to write this.  Here is as good a place as any.  The Great Serpent is here!  Tell the people far and wide to get ready!!!

I don't like snakes. If it shows up, I'm going to call Animal Control and have it put down.

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken August 19, 2011 1:01 PM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 12:42PM, Ken wrote:

I don't knew where to write this.  Here is as good a place as any.  The Great Serpent is here!  Tell the people far and wide to get ready!!!

I don't like snakes. If it shows up, I'm going to call Animal Control and have it put down.

I'll put it down myself. 

Flag theinterpreter August 19, 2011 6:28 PM EDT

Aug 17, 2011 -- 7:55PM, wohali wrote:

Get over it. 

The waters of the Euphrates were rerouted by man, and God's river bed dried up.
 The spot where the Euphtaes dried up, taken together with the coordinates of Jerusalem form a vector pointing to Baghdad, Kabul and Terahn, the home of the demon possesed leaders of the east who start the Battle of Ar Mageddon.

Flag David August 19, 2011 6:31 PM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 1:01PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

I'll put it down myself. 

You're going to kill Satan???????? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hope I'm not right, you do know the great serpent is satan? And BTW, I love snakes. Oh wait, I see what you are doing. Keep it up.

Flag Ken August 19, 2011 6:54 PM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 6:28PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Aug 17, 2011 -- 7:55PM, wohali wrote:

Get over it. 

Did not. Only a few miles of it were re-routed. This discussion has ended, and the conclusion is that you're wrong. Live with it.

Flag christine3 August 19, 2011 9:39 PM EDT

I'll put it down myself. 

I'm being serious.  If you looked at the link I gave of The Great Serpent (as the Shawnee Indians of Ohio call it) this is an structure of energy that can be felt in our bodies.  To my best estimation, this Great Serpent Mound was built/constructed during the last Deluge.  The Native Americal Shawnee Prophesy is that just before the great change, the New world, the Fifth World, the end of world as we know it (whatever you want to call it), this energy structure shows up in the spiritual dimensions of our planet.  Some Shamans have trained themselves to be in sync with incoming energy to the planet.  I am by no means a Shaman, but I get the exact energy formation coming up through my root chakra.  The planet is actually exhibiting this energy structure now.  It comes in from the East, and ends in the West.  See the vortex on the left side?  That is the Eastern side.  See how it goes up five levels?  Those are five dimensions on the spiritual side of life.  It ends with "trinity" or a three-sided structure with an oval shape in its mouth.  This is the "bud" if you want to call it that, of the energy coming in which will grow to encompass the entire planet.  It is at it's "egg" level now, small, just barely at the root chakra of humans, but it IS there.

This energy formation is not Satan.  Native Americans don't believe in Satan.  The closest thing to Satan is the Trickster, who is really there to help us learn from our mistakes.

Flag SecondSonOfDavid August 19, 2011 9:44 PM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 9:42PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Satan isn't an evil being in Judaism either. His character has been twisted by Christianity.

Gotta disagree there, Cap'n.  Respectfully of course, but Old Scratch has earned his ill repute.

Flag SecondSonOfDavid August 19, 2011 9:47 PM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 6:28PM, theinterpreter wrote:

The spot where the Euphtaes dried up, taken together with the coordinates of Jerusalem form a vector pointing to Baghdad, Kabul and Terahn, the home of the demon possesed leaders of the east who start the Battle of Ar Mageddon.

Welll, shewt MISinterpreter, Ah'm going to have to rename you Malexicon.

Because you have reached the point where you even change the meanings of words to suit your imaginary world.

Flag christine3 August 19, 2011 9:53 PM EDT
Satan isn't an evil being in Judaism either. His character has been twisted by Christianity.
_________
Hi MainCaptain.  Jesus' teachings have to be rescued.  The Christian religion has nothing to do with Jesus' true teachings.
Flag LeahOne August 19, 2011 11:21 PM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 9:44PM, SecondSonOfDavid wrote:

Gotta disagree there, Cap'n.  Respectfully of course, but Old Scratch has earned his ill repute.

SSOD, there is a difference between the view of HaSatan, the prosecuting attorney for YHVH - and the 'Satan' of Christian belief.  Very little of the stuff attributed to 'your' Satan is part of the Jewish perspective.

You are welcome to state your *belief* that the Christian view is the more accurate representation - but please don't argue with a Jew (me) about what the Jewish representation is, unless you have entirely Jewish sources to cite for your position.

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken August 20, 2011 11:20 AM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 6:31PM, David wrote:

I'll put it down myself. 

You're going to kill Satan???????? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hope I'm not right, you do know the great serpent is satan? And BTW, I love snakes. Oh wait, I see what you are doing. Keep it up.

I don't believe in Satan David.  Don't get me wrong here, I don't disbelieve in him, he's just not a part of my pantheon.

All things are fine, in their proper place.  I don't have anything against sharks, or rats, or alligators either, but if one shows up in my bathtub I'll kill it on sight. 

all

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken August 20, 2011 11:25 AM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 9:39PM, christine3 wrote:

I'll put it down myself. 

I'm being serious.  If you looked at the link I gave of The Great Serpent (as the Shawnee Indians of Ohio call it) this is an structure of energy that can be felt in our bodies.  To my best estimation, this Great Serpent Mound was built/constructed during the last Deluge.  The Native Americal Shawnee Prophesy is that just before the great change, the New world, the Fifth World, the end of world as we know it (whatever you want to call it), this energy structure shows up in the spiritual dimensions of our planet.  Some Shamans have trained themselves to be in sync with incoming energy to the planet.  I am by no means a Shaman, but I get the exact energy formation coming up through my root chakra.  The planet is actually exhibiting this energy structure now.  It comes in from the East, and ends in the West.  See the vortex on the left side?  That is the Eastern side.  See how it goes up five levels?  Those are five dimensions on the spiritual side of life.  It ends with "trinity" or a three-sided structure with an oval shape in its mouth.  This is the "bud" if you want to call it that, of the energy coming in which will grow to encompass the entire planet.  It is at it's "egg" level now, small, just barely at the root chakra of humans, but it IS there.  This energy formation is not Satan.  Native Americans don't believe in Satan.  The closest thing to Satan is the Trickster, who is really there to help us learn from our mistakes.

Great deluge?  Vortex?  Energy structure? 

WTF!?

If a flippin' serpent shows up, I'm gonna kill it.  End of flippin' story.  I don't even come close to following your belief structure.  Hell, at this point I don't even know what it is. 

all

Flag mainecaptain August 20, 2011 12:00 PM EDT

Satan is NOT a devil being. Satan is not a snake. And there is no devil or Satan in my pantheon either. Literature has confused things over many hundreds and thousands of years

Not arguing with anyone, sincerely

Flag gillyflower August 20, 2011 12:06 PM EDT

The snake in some ancient civilizations was bearer of information and wisdom. Sometimes they were the beings that carried messages between the living and the dead.They also guarded sacred places. I think snakes get a bad rap.

Flag mainecaptain August 20, 2011 12:39 PM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 12:06PM, gillyflower wrote:

The snake in some ancient civilizations was bearer of information and wisdom. Sometimes they were the beings that carried messages between the living and the dead.They also guarded sacred places. I think snakes get a bad rap.

They do get a bad rap. I like snakes, I love them in their natural environment, and as spiritual messengers.

There is nothing evil about a snake. Some are dangerous, but none are evil. I respect them.

Flag SecondSonOfDavid August 20, 2011 2:24 PM EDT

Aug 19, 2011 -- 11:21PM, LeahOne wrote:

Aug 19, 2011 -- 9:44PM, SecondSonOfDavid wrote:

SSOD, there is a difference between the view of HaSatan, the prosecuting attorney for YHVH - and the 'Satan' of Christian belief.  Very little of the stuff attributed to 'your' Satan is part of the Jewish perspective.

You are welcome to state your *belief* that the Christian view is the more accurate representation - but please don't argue with a Jew (me) about what the Jewish representation is, unless you have entirely Jewish sources to cite for your position.

Sorry Leah, I was not as clear as I meant to be.  I'm not saying Judaism considers Satan to be innately evil, but rather that Satan in general has become synonymous with evil, and not so much through Christianity's efforts as by humanity's collective judgment.

While a number of belief systems assign duality to their nether deities (such as Kali), many others base human suffering and failures in large part to the actions and influence of malign entities of great power.  With regard to the Jewish faith, I recall from my old religious classes at Baylor that a number of the pagan deities were assigned nefarious aspects by Jewish leaders as early as during the Exodus from Egypt.  That does not mean 'Baal=Satan=Evil' so much as it means that even thousands of years ago, it was common for people to assign favorable or malignant characters to icons which respectively supported or opposed their worldview and moral comfort zone.  

To look at it another way, I came across some older Central Military Commission documents from the PLA some years ago, and was amused to see the USSR and USA refered to as the 'Greater Satan' and 'Lesser Satan', respectively.  Given China is officially atheist, these terms could only be understood to apply in an allegorical context. 

It really comes down to the question of where evil comes from.  If you don't consider it coincidental, there is a source.  And for better or worse, many people over the years have named Satan as the source of evil.

Flag SecondSonOfDavid August 20, 2011 2:26 PM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 12:39PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Aug 20, 2011 -- 12:06PM, gillyflower wrote:

They do get a bad rap. I like snakes, I love them in their natural environment, and as spiritual messengers.

There is nothing evil about a snake. Some are dangerous, but none are evil. I respect them.

Actually, snakes deserve very little bad rep.  Rattlesnakes, for example, use their rattle to try to ward off people and large animals.  If they wanted to attack, they'd hardly warn you ahead of time.

Lions, on the other hand, are nasty.  They use bullying tactics within their own pride and have been documented torturing their prey before killing them; they actually seem to enjoy seeing their victims suffer.

Yet many cultures consider lions heroic and snakes nefarious.  Ironic. 

Flag christine3 August 20, 2011 3:30 PM EDT
Great deluge?  Vortex?  Energy structure? 
WTF!?
If a flippin' serpent shows up, I'm gonna kill it.  End of flippin' story.  I don't even come close to following your belief structure.  Hell, at this point I don't even know what it is.
All the shapes and structures in this world follow energy patterns.  The Great Deluge in the Bible is known as The Flood.  Vortexes...the whole world is patterned after them.  Look at flowers, shells, etc., it's those things in nature that twist around from smaller to larger and vice versa.
Flag christine3 August 20, 2011 3:46 PM EDT
The different belief systems on the planet have demonized each other's religions.  Saturnel or Saturn is a Pagan God who becomes Satan.  But if you look at the roots, it was the worship on Saturday (Saturn Day), which was to keep the Sabbath holy, and that sort of thing.  What it all boils down to, is superstition and confusion.

Rather than listen to religions' demonizing of each other's religions and animals (because animals are used to symbolize the sacred characteristics of the gods), it is better to get away from these throw-back sorts of beliefs. 

The second greatest fear is the fear of snakes. The first is public speaking because it involves a fear of being judged by others.  Snakes were (and still are) in some countries used for torture and to kill because they are poisonous.  This goes for all venom-emitting creatures on the planet, for instance, poisonous spiders.  Anything that can kill is feared and therefore considered evil.  Actually, snakes and spiders keep the rodent populations down, and therefore disease.
Flag mainecaptain August 20, 2011 3:56 PM EDT

I do not see the human animal to be better behaved. At least non human animals in nature are simply trying to survive. Perhaps their behaviours towards others disturb us, but no more then what humans do to each other.

And human animals pretend to be more advanced.

To be honest I see little difference, in many of the things people will find objectionable.

Flag christine3 August 20, 2011 5:15 PM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 3:56PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I do not see the human animal to be better behaved. At least non human animals in nature are simply trying to survive. Perhaps their behaviours towards others disturb us, but no more then what humans do to each other.

To be honest I see little difference, in many of the things people will find objectionable.

I consider eating meat cannibalism.

Flag Namchuck August 20, 2011 5:25 PM EDT

Probably most of the behavior that one might consider disturbing among humans, mainecaptain, is also motivated by survival factors.

We sometimes get over-whelmed by those disturbing aspects which get all the media coverage while the ten-thousand little kindnesses that occur every day go largely unnoticed.

I think the human is a more 'advanced' animal in many respects, it is simply that we often let ourselves down by surrendering to our baser instincts. Along with many positive characteristics that make us uniquely human, we also carry a lot of negative evolutionary baggage. In light of this, we can see that we have an amphibious nature. It is just not yet clear which side of our nature is going to prevail. 

Flag Namchuck August 20, 2011 5:30 PM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 5:15PM, christine3 wrote:

That's a bit extreme, christine3.

Flag mainecaptain August 20, 2011 6:07 PM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 5:25PM, Namchuck wrote:

Probably most of the behavior that one might consider disturbing among humans, mainecaptain, is also motivated by survival factors.

We sometimes get over-whelmed by those disturbing aspects which get all the media coverage while the ten-thousand little kindnesses that occur every day go largely unnoticed.

I think the human is a more 'advanced' animal in many respects, it is simply that we often let ourselves down by surrendering to our baser instincts. Along with many positive characteristics that make us uniquely human, we also carry a lot of negative evolutionary baggage. In light of this, we can see that we have an amphibious nature. It is just not yet clear which side of our nature is going to prevail. 

That does make sense, thank you Namchuck. :)

Flag christine3 August 20, 2011 6:25 PM EDT

Not for me.  When you see a big slab of red bloody meat on your plate, or a TV commercial in which a hunk of meat is being carved, can you tell if it is from the leg of a steer or from the leg of a human?  Meat is meat.
Flag Namchuck August 20, 2011 10:51 PM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 6:25PM, christine3 wrote:

Not for me.  When you see a big slab of red bloody meat on your plate, or a TV commercial in which a hunk of meat is being carved, can you tell if it is from the leg of a steer or from the leg of a human?  Meat is meat.

I hear what you're saying, but it's still not cannibalism to eat steer.

Flag mainecaptain August 20, 2011 11:41 PM EDT

I dislike being in the middle of battle, but one should used words properly. Cannibalism is eating ones own species,"the practice of eating the flesh of your own kind".

One can say eating of non human animals is wrong or one considers it a terrible thing to do, but it is not cannibalism.

I am not a fish, or a chicken, I do not eat them either.

Using words correctly gives the words more meaning and impact. IMHO

Flag christine3 August 20, 2011 11:57 PM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 11:41PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I dislike being in the middle of battle, but one should used words properly. Cannibalism is eating ones own species,"the practice of eating the flesh of your own kind".

One can say eating of non human animals is wrong or one considers it a terrible thing to do, but it is not cannibalism.

Hi Namchuck and MainCaptain.  I know what you are saying.  But I sort of throw the categories of human animal vs. animal animal out and just look at the muscle fiber aspect of it.  Lately, or maybe within the last six months, I have a reticence reaction at the thought of eating meat.  Up until a year ago, I used to have a hamburger about every six months for the last several years.  But now I can't even do that anymore.  I am actually happy about the transition.   A couple of months ago I had two dogs, but one of them died of old age. They ate meat, of course.  They loved it, of course.  I wasn't going to make them transition to vegetarianism just because I was going that way.  Some people do that, you know.  I also have chickens and the thought of eating them gives me a bad reaction.  They are for the eggs.  Actually, I've made a 360.  When I was a child, I couldn't eat meat without gagging (now where did that come from?)  Who knows.  Then about 7th grade I was able to eat a hamburger patty, ONLY with a thick slice of tomato on both sides, drowned in Ketchup to camouflage the taste and feeling.  Had to get it past my tongue somehow.  Gradually over many years I got used to eating meat.  But now I'm going away from meat again.

Flag Namchuck August 21, 2011 1:57 AM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 11:57PM, christine3 wrote:

Hi Namchuck and MainCaptain.  I know what you are saying.  But I sort of throw the categories of human animal vs. animal animal out and just look at the muscle fiber aspect of it.  Lately, or maybe within the last six months, I have a reticence reaction at the thought of eating meat.  Up until a year ago, I used to have a hamburger about every six months for the last several years.  But now I can't even do that anymore.  I am actually happy about the transition.   A couple of months ago I had two dogs, but one of them died of old age. They ate meat, of course.  They loved it, of course.  I wasn't going to make them transition to vegetarianism just because I was going that way.  Some people do that, you know.  I also have chickens and the thought of eating them gives me a bad reaction.  They are for the eggs.  Actually, I've made a 360.  When I was a child, I couldn't eat meat without gagging (now where did that come from?)  Who knows.  Then about 7th grade I was able to eat a hamburger patty, ONLY with a thick slice of tomato on both sides, drowned in Ketchup to camouflage the taste and feeling.  Had to get it past my tongue somehow.  Gradually over many years I got used to eating meat.  But now I'm going away from meat again.

While mainecaptain is entirely right in what she says below, I also respect, if not your choice of words, your view on the matter of meat-eating.

My own stance amounts to the least form of killing and the easiest form of survival. 

Couldn't expect the guy in my profile pic to give it up, though.

Flag mainecaptain August 21, 2011 1:01 PM EDT

You know it is an interesting subject we are in now. I am a vegetarian have been since before I was a teenager. Did so because I feel it is wrong to eat non human animals.

But I an addicted to cats, I love them deeply, consider them family. And a cat can not live a healthy, happy life not being a carnivore.

It is a philosophical problem, I try not to think about to often for fear of losing my mind.

I watched an Eagles nest this year and the parents raised three beautiful Eaglets, but what they raised them on was of course animals. Rabbits, fish etc...

I often say, it is really hard, when you love, both the predator and the prey.

I just try not to add to the problem.

Flag wohali August 21, 2011 1:27 PM EDT

Well, this thread has taken a bizarre turn...........

Flag mainecaptain August 21, 2011 2:06 PM EDT

Aug 21, 2011 -- 1:27PM, wohali wrote:

Well, this thread has taken a bizarre turn...........

Yes it has Wohali, sorry about my part in that :)

Flag wohali August 21, 2011 2:23 PM EDT

No need to apologize, it started out pretty bizarre and never really got better.

Flag Namchuck August 21, 2011 5:32 PM EDT

I don't know, by comparison, that this thread is all that bizarre. 

Meat-eating represents for some, as in mainecaptain's case, a deep philosophical dilemma, one that I once shared a very long time.

Flag SecondSonOfDavid August 21, 2011 9:39 PM EDT

Aug 21, 2011 -- 2:23PM, wohali wrote:

No need to apologize, it started out pretty bizarre and never really got better.

B-Net's always had a certain Twilight Zone dimension to it. 

Flag Namchuck August 21, 2011 10:15 PM EDT

Aug 21, 2011 -- 9:39PM, SecondSonOfDavid wrote:

I thought B'Net was the Twilight Zone!

Flag johnacancienne August 22, 2011 12:40 AM EDT

Aug 21, 2011 -- 10:15PM, Namchuck wrote:

No, this board is the online version of the National Inquirer.

Flag Namchuck August 22, 2011 1:00 AM EDT

Aug 22, 2011 -- 12:40AM, johnacancienne wrote:

Aug 21, 2011 -- 10:15PM, Namchuck wrote:

No, this board is the online version of the National Inquirer.

Haha...

Flag mainecaptain August 22, 2011 11:38 AM EDT

John I think you're right.

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken August 22, 2011 11:40 AM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 3:30PM, christine3 wrote:

All the shapes and structures in this world follow energy patterns.

I call it the path of least resistance, but hey, whatever works. 

The Great Deluge in the Bible is known as The Flood.

I'm not a practitioner of one of the Abrahamatic faiths. 

Vortexes...the whole world is patterned after them.  Look at flowers, shells, etc., it's those things in nature that twist around from smaller to larger and vice versa.

Um, I really don't think so.  Not that they don't look similar, but what is visible in regards to a vortex is hardly the function of it, and the similarities of appearance do not make flowers and shells similar to whirlpools and singularities. 

all

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken August 22, 2011 11:42 AM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 6:25PM, christine3 wrote:

Yes.

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken August 22, 2011 11:50 AM EDT

Aug 20, 2011 -- 11:57PM, christine3 wrote:

See, I crave meat.  I can think of nothing better than a extra rare steak that I cooked myself.  No seasoning, just 3 min a side on the grill on low heat, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm. 

I once had an English prof in undergrad that convinced me to try vegetarianism.  That lasted about 2 weeks.  We were giving demonstrational speeches and one guy was showing us how to clean quail.  I could smell the blood from the back of the room, and it smelled good.  All these other people were gagging, and I was enthralled.  Got a whole rotisserie chicken on the way home and never looked back. 

Don't get me wrong, different things work for different people, and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your path for you, but it doesn't work for all of us. 

all

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken August 22, 2011 11:56 AM EDT

Aug 21, 2011 -- 1:01PM, mainecaptain wrote:

You know it is an interesting subject we are in now. I am a vegetarian have been since before I was a teenager. Did so because I feel it is wrong to eat non human animals.

But I an addicted to cats, I love them deeply, consider them family. And a cat can not live a healthy, happy life not being a carnivore.

It is a philosophical problem, I try not to think about to often for fear of losing my mind.

I watched an Eagles nest this year and the parents raised three beautiful Eaglets, but what they raised them on was of course animals. Rabbits, fish etc...

I often say, it is really hard, when you love, both the predator and the prey.

I just try not to add to the problem.

I think Cap, that sometimes it comes down to diversity in species.  Not all of us need macro nutrients in the ratios that are most easily provided by animal tissue. 

And I kinda like the diversion here.  Gods know we get hammered by somebody trying to say that their biblical prophecy trumps ever other belief here. 

all

Flag mainecaptain August 22, 2011 12:00 PM EDT

ALL, you are one step out of the forest I think. Bear is a good representative for you. As I said before it is a dilemma when you love both the predator and the prey.

So I take the moderate position of abuse and treatment. If one is going to cultivate animals for slaughter it should be done in the most extreme, humane way one is capable, making the life of the animal a pleasant experience, and its death painless. (which is not the case at all, the cruelty is abominable)

Of course hunting is another matter, but should still be done with skill and fairness. I suspect ALL you do that.

P.S. none of my post was aimed at you ALL (except the first paragraph), just my general feelings on the subject.

(((((ALL))))

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken August 22, 2011 12:28 PM EDT

Aug 22, 2011 -- 12:00PM, mainecaptain wrote:

ALL, you are one step out of the forest I think. Bear is a good representative for you. As I said before it is a dilemma when you love both the predator and the prey.

So I take the moderate position of abuse and treatment. If one is going to cultivate animals for slaughter it should be done in the most extreme, humane way one is capable, making the life of the animal a pleasant experience, and its death painless. (which is not the case at all, the cruelty is abominable)

Of course hunting is another matter, but should still be done with skill and fairness. I suspect ALL you do that.

P.S. none of my post was aimed at you ALL (except the first paragraph), just my general feelings on the subject.

(((((ALL))))

(((((((((Cap)))))))))

I would never take offense at anything you said.  You're too good a person.  Just from the fact that you were the one saying it, I'd have to assume that if it did offend, I must have misunderstood what you were trying to say. 

I too have issues with industrial agriculture, far preferring to hunt my own or at least go through little shops and farmers.  But we've been through all that before. 

all

Flag mainecaptain August 22, 2011 12:40 PM EDT

Thank you, ALL.

Flag teach54 August 22, 2011 3:56 PM EDT

New here ... interesting discussion. I saw this story and thought I'd share:

Signs of the Times: Ezekiel’s Prophecies Set to Unfold?

www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2011/Au...

There are some more end-times teachings here that I found interesting regarding Ezekiel 38

www.cbn.com/700club/signsofthetimes/

Flag wohali August 22, 2011 4:01 PM EDT

Hi Teach54! It appears you wish to have a serious conversation?

It would help others to understand your position if you filled-out your profile. 

Flag Ken August 22, 2011 4:13 PM EDT

Aug 22, 2011 -- 3:56PM, teach54 wrote:

There are some more end-times teachings here that I found interesting regarding Ezekiel 38

There are several questions that have to be asked of any purported prophecy before we can say that it has been or is being fulfilled:

1. Are we certain that it was made before the prophesied event? If it was made after the event, it obviously isn't a prophecy.

2.  Is it detailed and specific? It's very easy to predict that a famous  person will die in the next twelve months - during any twelve month  period, a number of famous people are certain to die. That's not prophecy. But if I predict  that Zsa Zsa Gabor will die on November 21 at 2:30 pm PST, and she  actually dies then, I will be a true prophet.

3. Did somebody  who was aware of the prophecy make sure that it was fulfilled? if I  predict that Zsa Zsa Gabor will die on November 21 at 2:30 pm PST, and  then kill her at that time to ensure that my prediction comes true, I'm  not a true prophet.

4. Was it intended as a prophecy or merely as an expression of hope?

5. Was it a prediction that any intelligent, well-informed person could have made?

If the answer to any of these questions is "No," it's not a prophecy.

Flag teach54 August 22, 2011 4:32 PM EDT

Ken, those are interesting questions to help qualify prophesy, but unfortunately, as it pertains to many Old Testament prophecies, these can be somewhat subjective. But as far as the passages in Ezekiel go (telling of the War of Gog and Magog) and attempting to match it current/unfolding events, I think it is fair to objectively look what the Bible says (and take it as prophecy) and examine the situation in Israel.

1)   Ezekiel 38 is most likely pointing to an actual event

2)   Biblical prophecies are often a mix of figurative explanation as well as general descriptions—though Ezekiel is relatively specific (compared to passages in Revelation)

3)   As it pertains to Ezekiel 38 and the War of Gog and Magog, because so many nations and powers would be involved, it would be very difficult for it to be self-fulfilling

4)   This seems to be clearly telling of future events

5)   Not in such detail

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken August 22, 2011 5:22 PM EDT

Aug 22, 2011 -- 4:13PM, Ken wrote:

Aug 22, 2011 -- 3:56PM, teach54 wrote:

There are several questions that have to be asked of any purported prophecy before we can say that it has been or is being fulfilled:

1. Are we certain that it was made before the prophesied event? If it was made after the event, it obviously isn't a prophecy.

2.  Is it detailed and specific? It's very easy to predict that a famous  person will die in the next twelve months - during any twelve month  period, a number of famous people are certain to die. That's not prophecy. But if I predict  that Zsa Zsa Gabor will die on November 21 at 2:30 pm PST, and she  actually dies then, I will be a true prophet.

3. Did somebody  who was aware of the prophecy make sure that it was fulfilled? if I  predict that Zsa Zsa Gabor will die on November 21 at 2:30 pm PST, and  then kill her at that time to ensure that my prediction comes true, I'm  not a true prophet.

4. Was it intended as a prophecy or merely as an expression of hope?

5. Was it a prediction that any intelligent, well-informed person could have made?

If the answer to any of these questions is "No," it's not a prophecy.

Aug 22, 2011 -- 4:32PM, teach54 wrote:

Ken, those are interesting questions to help qualify prophesy, but unfortunately, as it pertains to many Old Testament prophecies, these can be somewhat subjective. But as far as the passages in Ezekiel go (telling of the War of Gog and Magog) and attempting to match it current/unfolding events, I think it is fair to objectively look what the Bible says (and take it as prophecy) and examine the situation in Israel.

2)   Biblical prophecies are often a mix of figurative explanation as well as general descriptions—though Ezekiel is relatively specific (compared to passages in Revelation)

3)   As it pertains to Ezekiel 38 and the War of Gog and Magog, because so many nations and powers would be involved, it would be very difficult for it to be self-fulfilling

5)   Not in such detail

1)  Why?

2) So the answer is no?

3)  Sure about that?

4)  I don't see it. 

5) Sure about that?

all

Flag TPaine August 23, 2011 4:54 PM EDT

Ezekiel wrote while a captive in Babylon between 593 & 571 BCE so he would have known about the destruction of Solomon's Temple Nebuchadnezzar II in 587 BCE.

Like Revelation it could have been for the people living at the time of it's writing not about future events.

3)3)   As it pertains to Ezekiel 38 and the War of Gog and Magog, because so many nations and powers would be involved, it would be very difficult for it to be self-fulfilling

According to Josephus Gog & Magog represented the Scythians. Eusebius identified them as the Romans. Ambrose (d. 397 CE) wrote they were the Goths. Procopius (d. after 562 CE) believed they were the Huns under Attila. 13th century writers thought they were the Mongols. During the Cold War in the 20th century it was the Soviet Union.

3)4)   This seems to be clearly telling of future events

The return to Jerusalem by the decree of Cyrus could have been added by priests loyal to Ezekiel. History is not prophesy.

3)5)   Not in such detail

If there was such specific detail there wouldn't be any question about who and where Gog & Magog was.

If you want to consider CBN as a reliable source, that's your right, but I choose not to.

Flag Ken August 23, 2011 5:23 PM EDT

"Figurative" and "general" are enough to disqualify a prophecy. We must have reasonably exact names, places, and dates. "Gog and Magog" won't do.

Or it might just as easily be the comforting fantasy of an exiled Jew whose nation has been crushed.

Flag gillyflower August 23, 2011 6:17 PM EDT

World ending events, and prophesies for them, are a hard sell around here. :-)

Flag Sacrificialgoddess August 23, 2011 6:21 PM EDT

Aug 23, 2011 -- 6:17PM, gillyflower wrote:

Well, you know, when the world does actually end, whoever picked can hand out a big steaming bowl of I told you so. 

I myself away the coming of the Great White Hankerchief.

Flag johnacancienne September 6, 2011 1:48 PM EDT

Aug 23, 2011 -- 6:21PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Well, you know, when the world does actually end, whoever picked can hand out a big steaming bowl of I told you so. 

Eventually someone will be correct. Like winning the Power Ball, eventually there is a winner. Most likely, if humanity don't destroy the earth by war or pollution, the sun will simply die out. By the time the sun does play itself out though, I imagine we will have advanced enough in space travel to have already colonized some far away planet with the same carbon base as we have here on earth, and they will be well on their way to polluting the "New Earth". The thing to be most concerned with are the fruit cakes who would provoke a war just to satisfy the book of Revelation.

Flag Namchuck September 7, 2011 4:35 AM EDT

Sep 6, 2011 -- 1:48PM, johnacancienne wrote:

Eventually someone will be correct. Like winning the Power Ball, eventually there is a winner. Most likely, if humanity don't destroy the earth by war or pollution, the sun will simply die out. By the time the sun does play itself out though, I imagine we will have advanced enough in space travel to have already colonized some far away planet with the same carbon base as we have here on earth, and they will be well on their way to polluting the "New Earth". The thing to be most concerned with are the fruit cakes who would provoke a war just to satisfy the book of Revelation.

Good post John, although by the time our humankind colonizes some far off planet we will have corrected, one would hope, our polluting ways.

Flag theinterpreter September 10, 2011 10:58 AM EDT

I am always correct.

Flag MysticWanderer September 10, 2011 11:51 AM EDT

Sep 10, 2011 -- 10:58AM, theinterpreter wrote:

I am always correct.

ROFLMAO 

Sure you are, Like the drying up (not diverting) of the Euphrates and the Christian dominance of the world since Constantine?   In point of fact I am hard ressed to think of anything you have been right about yet, except in your own mind of course. 

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken September 10, 2011 12:09 PM EDT

I am always correct.

Flag Annie_alive September 10, 2011 12:36 PM EDT

"No-one but a fool is always right"  David Hare. British dramatist

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken September 10, 2011 1:36 PM EDT

Hovamol

26. An ignorant man | thinks that all he knows,
When he sits by himself in a corner;
But never what answer | to make he knows,
When others with questions come.

Flag johnacancienne September 10, 2011 2:13 PM EDT

I am always correct.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! All those good looks and a sense of humor too?!

Flag Namchuck September 10, 2011 5:29 PM EDT

Sep 10, 2011 -- 12:09PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

I am always correct.

Haha... I like that!

Flag Adelphe September 11, 2011 10:38 PM EDT

Sep 10, 2011 -- 12:09PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

lol

Flag wohali October 5, 2011 4:08 PM EDT

Hey Theinterpreter, don't forget this thread.

Some really good stuff...............

Flag wohali October 21, 2011 7:17 PM EDT

Post #1:

Amen!

A brother in Christ,
Barry Midyet

It still is flowing.

Flag theinterpreter February 13, 2012 12:11 PM EST

The results are starting to come in.

Last year was the 9th hottest year on record, according to NASA. Nine out of ten of the hottest years have occured since 2000. Turns out that 2011 was a La Nina year, marked by a cooler Pacific and usually lower temperatures world wide. 2011 was the warmist La Nina year on record. Prediction # 4, a hotter than normal year, came to pass.  

Flag Whisper01 February 13, 2012 1:21 PM EST

Feb 13, 2012 -- 12:11PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Prediction # 4, a hotter than normal year, came to pass.  

As was in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007... 1998, 1996... 1988, 1987... 1964, 1967... 1955, 1956... 1934, 1935... As the data goes on and one there are many "hotter than normal years". 2001 through 2010 was HOT! I almost burst into flame one day while out shopping for wood posts... but I digress. Your predicitons sometimes work out, and sometimes dont (let us not forget the Euphrates fiasco... oh mercy but that was miss was it not?).

Will you get down to some very detailed un-probable preditions to prove your case? These vague one are hit and miss, as all vague predicitons are.

Flag Ken February 13, 2012 1:36 PM EST

Last year was the 9th hottest year on record, according to NASA. Nine out of ten of the hottest years have occured since 2000. Turns out that 2011 was a La Nina year, marked by a cooler Pacific and usually lower temperatures world wide. 2011 was the warmist La Nina year on record. Prediction # 4, a hotter than normal year, came to pass.  

Not where I live. It was an entirely normal year. It's always going to be a hotter than normal year somewhere, but so what?

Flag TPaine February 13, 2012 7:25 PM EST

It doesn't take prophesy to predict that the weather is getting warmer. Until we stop polluting the atmosphere by burning carbon fuels and find a source of clean renewable energy it will continue as it has for the past couple of decades. Part of the problem is the petroleum industry pays politicians to defeat  laws that would protect the environment. El Niños have nothing to do with global warming or climate change. Link

Flag johnacancienne February 13, 2012 8:51 PM EST

The last Ice Age began some 25,000 years ago. The melt down, creating rising waters, and a global flooding was roughly 10,000 years ago. There is always a so called global warming trend prior to this that creates new deserts where once was lush and green. This global warming generally lasts for several thousand years itself. It all has to do with a shifting of the North and South Poles, and the magnetic pull on the earth's tilt. From 1909 to 1968, the North Pole has shifted toward Greenland a total of 30 feet, or 1.9 feet a year.

Although I agree that pollution could have some affect on speeding up global warming, the fact is, within the next several thousand years, if the scientific calculations are correct, then we are irreversibly headed for another Ice Age. This does not spell gloom and doom for humans, after all, they survived the last Ice Age, and even the last global flood. But our North Star will be different, and some species of wild animals may well disappear. What was once lush and green, like the Sahara, and most of the Middle East will be desert. What was once tropical may well be buried under miles of ice such as Antarctica on the South Pole.

This ain't no apocalypse, folks. Just Momma Earth shifting her weight.

Flag Sacrificialgoddess February 13, 2012 11:01 PM EST

Feb 13, 2012 -- 8:51PM, johnacancienne wrote:

It will only be an apocalypse if we find ourselves surrounded by zombies.

Flag johnacancienne February 13, 2012 11:07 PM EST

Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:01PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

In that case..............

I've had zombies living in my house for over a year now..... Two adult children have moved back in with us while going through divorces.....  It would scare hell out of the most stoic priest to see those two wandering about the house in the morning before they've had their first cup of coffee.

It's official..... My house is the movie set for Zombie Land

Flag Sacrificialgoddess February 13, 2012 11:11 PM EST

Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:07PM, johnacancienne wrote:

Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:01PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

In that case..............

I've had zombies living in my house for over a year now..... Two adult children have moved back in with us while going through divorces.....  It would scare hell out of the most stoic priest to see those two wandering about the house in the morning before they've had their first cup of coffee.

It's official..... My house is the movie set for Zombie Land

Well, that certainly explains how animated your wife has been lately. She must be ready to tear her hair out.

Flag johnacancienne February 13, 2012 11:48 PM EST

Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:11PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Well, that certainly explains how animated your wife has been lately. She must be ready to tear her hair out.

We're both ready to start taking some very strong meds.........

Flag Whisper01 February 14, 2012 9:31 AM EST

Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:48PM, johnacancienne wrote:

As a alternate to "strong meds" there is the theory of "double tap". But seeing as this is family, zombie family or no, fire arms are probably not the best course of action. Doubly so because it would seem there is a short lived but still viable solution, coffee!

Ah Juan Valdez, you have saved us again you bean farmer you!

Flag johnacancienne February 14, 2012 4:10 PM EST

Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:48PM, johnacancienne wrote:

Feb 14, 2012 -- 9:31AM, Whisper01 wrote:

As a alternate to "strong meds" there is the theory of "double tap". But seeing as this is family, zombie family or no, fire arms are probably not the best course of action. Doubly so because it would seem there is a short lived but still viable solution, coffee!

Ah Juan Valdez, you have saved us again you bean farmer you!

We've bought stock in Community Coffee, (a Louisiana based coffee company), Whisper. And about the double tap thingy goes, I can only refer you back to a quote from Allthegoodnamesweretaken.... the only reason they're still living is because there's this law that protects them. I guess Fang and I are doomed to a life of prescribed drugs and gallons of liquid caffine for the duration of the enemy occupation.

But then again, I can use my spit balls on them untill the caffeen jolt wakes them up.

Flag theinterpreter February 14, 2012 5:52 PM EST

Feb 13, 2012 -- 7:25PM, TPaine wrote:

It doesn't take prophesy to predict that the weather is getting warmer. Until we stop polluting the atmosphere by burning carbon fuels and find a source of clean renewable energy it will continue as it has for the past couple of decades. Part of the problem is the petroleum industry pays politicians to defeat  laws that would protect the environment. El Niños have nothing to do with global warming or climate change. Link

Yes, we need to quit polluting the atmosphere. But unfortunately, the candidates for president on the Republican side all deny that man is contributing to global warming. Guess I'll have to vote for Obama.

Flag TPaine February 15, 2012 1:18 PM EST

Feb 14, 2012 -- 5:52PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Feb 13, 2012 -- 7:25PM, TPaine wrote:

Yes, we need to quit polluting the atmosphere. But unfortunately, the candidates for president on the Republican side all deny that man is contributing to global warming. Guess I'll have to vote for Obama.

It boils down to money. Of the top twenty oil, gas, and mining companies that have contributed to political candidates in 2011-12, all but one of those companies have contributed over 80% of those funds to Republicans. Link

Flag Whisper01 February 17, 2012 11:23 AM EST

Feb 14, 2012 -- 4:10PM, johnacancienne wrote:

We've bought stock in Community Coffee, (a Louisiana based coffee company), Whisper.

And about the double tap thingy goes, I can only refer you back to a quote from Allthegoodnamesweretaken.... the only reason they're still living is because there's this law that protects them. I guess Fang and I are doomed to a life of prescribed drugs and gallons of liquid caffine for the duration of the enemy occupation.

But then again, I can use my spit balls on them untill the caffeen jolt wakes them up.

Oh John, I feel for ya man! I do! I have a whole flock of sonlings and daughterlings that might, at any ill moment, come to my doorstep with "no where else to go". I try to not think about it but your current predicament brings the whole ugly matter into the limelight of stage center.

Endure my good man, salvation is only a job phone-call away from your off spring. But lets make no mistakes here, heavy meds and caffine are GOOD things here! There will come a time much later when you will look back on all this a cry like a little girl, your wife might even take sympathy upon you and feel for your "honest and emotional" out-crying for your children. May she (or mine in time) never know for what we cry, our own occupation by an enemy we can not beat nor even out-manuever with no real definable end in sight. Kind of like France during the last big war in Europe, except they could take firearms out and fight guerilla warfare.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook