Post Reply
Page 8 of 49  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 2011 in Bible Prophecy
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 9:40AM #71
theinterpreter
Posts: 1,699

Apr 4, 2011 -- 7:11PM, TPaine wrote:


Apr 4, 2011 -- 4:31PM, theinterpreter wrote:


 98 % of the Revelation is about events in John's future. Moscow sits on 5 seas, Rome sits on one.




Neither Moscow nor Rome sits on a sea. Both sit on a river, but Rome sits on seven hills, Moscow does not. Revelation 17:9 states:

And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.


and Revelation 17:18 says:

And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.


The great city that ruled the world was Rome.


Moscow, by way of canals, sits on five seas. And Moscow, because of the fact that it sits on 7 hills, is known as the "Third Rome" (After the fall of Rome, Constantinople was called the Second Rome because it too sat on 7 hills. And after the fall of Constantinople, Moscow began to be called the Third Rome). Soviet era Moscow is the great city that ruled over many "peoples, multitueds, nations and tongues" and was briefly alligned with Hitler the antichrist.


Apr 4, 2011 -- 4:31PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Islamic conquerors were granted to trample Jerusalem underfoot for 1260 years. Their time is up, but they are hell-bent on ruling Jerusalem again. Other anti-semites around the world are to help them.



The Muslims conquered Jerusalem in 614 CE and remained in control with brief interludes until 1917 when it was captured by the British army. That is a period of 1303 years, not 1260. The Jewish people retook the city in 1948. You do realize that throughout much of common era history Christians were among the most ant-semitic religions in the world, don't you?


Muslims conquered Jerusalem in 636 AD. But it can also be argued that the trampling did not start until the abomination of desolation appeared in the Holy Spot (also known as the Dome on the Rock).


Apr 4, 2011 -- 4:31PM, theinterpreter wrote:

The Revelation does not mention any deaths associated with skin cancer.



You were the one that linked skin cancer to the seven plagues, not I.

The seven last plagues began to be poured out in the 80's when cases of skin cancer began to increase.


I just questioned you assertion.



Skin cancer is one of the last plagues, but no deaths are attributed to it. New cases of skin cancer each year outnumbers all other cancers combined. And it only affects those who worship the suntanned Aryan look, as first promoted by Hitler the antichrist.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 10:29AM #72
theinterpreter
Posts: 1,699

Apr 3, 2011 -- 8:44AM, Whisper01 wrote:


Revelation(s), prophecies and now horsemen? Ok there seems to be rather a lot of un-spoken history here... The USA is the 4th horseman you say? And will last, as a nation I guess, for 1000 years? Could we have the full story here please? Who are all the horsemen in your personal theology and what are thier stories?


Actually I typed a long post to you yesterday but something happened and it got wiped out, so here goes again.


The Revelation opens with the second coming of Christ in 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared on OCt. 28th, and Jesus came into power thriough the first Christian horseman, St. Constantine, who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow. The Christian kindom he founded lasted well over 1000 years.


The 2nd horseman was Charles, the Great, who rode a red horse and conquered with a great sword. The Christian kingdom he founded (the Holy Roman Empire) lasted over 1000 years, and took peace from the Earth during the crusades.


The 3rd horseman was (is) the British Empire, founded by King James who rode a black horse and conquered with economics.


It's getting hotter and will contine? So, how hot was it in 1711? In reference how hot was it in 1707? Was it getting hotter year by year? How many times has this happened over the last several thousand years?


It's never happened before in recorded history.


Now skin cancer is biblical? Whew, I assume you can defend that theory in detail?


It's a foul and loathsome sore and only affects those who worship the suntanned Aryan look.


The times we live in are more biblical than other times? Natural disasters are at an all time high these days? That's hardly defendable you know?


I never said that natural disasters are at an all-time high. In the Revelation, a great earthquake is a great war.


This is all rather confusing as it does not fit with the data we have in hand, these are not the worst times, they have thier own problems just like the 1820's has thiers. How much Skin Cancer was rampant in the 1600's for those living aboard ship or on the beaches continually? Where is the back up data?


Skin cancer was not rampant in the 1600's.





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 12:02PM #73
wohali
Posts: 10,227

The Mayo Clinic disagrees with you about skin cancer:


www.bing.com/health/article/mayo-125510/...


 


I think that Yonkers is the new "Rome"


 


en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_cla...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 2:34PM #74
peterthesplitfish
Posts: 1,609

Interpreter,


I guess you never heard about the Little Ice Age?


www2.sunysuffolk.edu/mandias/lia/little_...


en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age


www.eh-resources.org/timeline/timeline_l...


So if you're going to writing something...make sure you remove your foot before opening the mouth or be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...or in this case...keyboard.


Peter

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 2:46PM #75
LeahOne
Posts: 16,280

I think not enough attention has been paid to the fact that Worcester Massachusetts sits on seven hills....I nominate Worcester!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 3:42PM #76
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,783

Apr 5, 2011 -- 2:46PM, LeahOne wrote:


I think not enough attention has been paid to the fact that Worcester Massachusetts sits on seven hills....I nominate Worcester!




You Leah are a little stinker me thinks :-)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 4:34PM #77
TPaine
Posts: 9,304

Apr 5, 2011 -- 9:40AM, theinterpreter wrote:


Moscow, by way of canals, sits on five seas. And Moscow, because of the fact that it sits on 7 hills, is known as the "Third Rome" (After the fall of Rome, Constantinople was called the Second Rome because it too sat on 7 hills. And after the fall of Constantinople, Moscow began to be called the Third Rome). Soviet era Moscow is the great city that ruled over many "peoples, multitueds, nations and tongues" and was briefly alligned with Hitler the antichrist.



Actually, the Jews called Rome Babylon following the destruction of the second temple in 70 CE. That is the symbolism of  Revelation 17:5. If a city can be considered sitting on the sea because it is connected by canals and rivers, the following cities would be "on a sea:" Minneapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, Paris, Berlin, Beijing, and Santa Cruz among others. Hitler, a Christian, would be far less likely to be the Antichrist than Stalin or Mao. History is full of evil despots.


Apr 5, 2011 -- 9:40AM, theinterpreter wrote:

Muslims conquered Jerusalem in 636 AD. But it can also be argued that the trampling did not start until the abomination of desolation appeared in the Holy Spot (also known as the Dome on the Rock).



The Dome of the Rock was completed 55 years later in 691 CE. The math still doesn't work.


Apr 5, 2011 -- 9:40AM, theinterpreter wrote:

I just questioned you assertion.



Skin cancer is not a plague. I never said it was.


Apr 5, 2011 -- 9:40AM, theinterpreter wrote:

Skin cancer is one of the last plagues, but no deaths are attributed to it. New cases of skin cancer each year outnumbers all other cancers combined. And it only affects those who worship the suntanned Aryan look, as first promoted by Hitler the antichrist.



Actually, sun tanning became popular in the 1920's because people liked the tanned look of Coco Chanel, and the dark-skinned African-American Josephine Baker. It had nothing to do with Hitler.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 5:07PM #78
wohali
Posts: 10,227

Saying that Moscow sits on "5 seas" because of waterways is like sayong Stockton, CA sits on the Pacific, (it don't).

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 5:08PM #79
wohali
Posts: 10,227

And if Hitler was the "antiChrist", then the antiChrist has already been destroyed and Christians have nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 5:35PM #80
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,783

Apr 5, 2011 -- 5:08PM, wohali wrote:


And if Hitler was the "antiChrist", then the antiChrist has already been destroyed and Christians have nothing to worry about.




I was thinking something along those lines as well.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 49  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook