Page 6 of 49  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 2011 in Bible Prophecy
4 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 9:22PM #51
Teufelhex

Apr 1, 2011 -- 1:41PM, Nonchristianheaven wrote:

I have lived long enough to know that every few years a prophecy changes to fit into what is happening in the world currently.

I remember as a child being told the Russians were coming to get us all and it was predicted in the bible.

Then later they changed it from the Russians to the people of the Middle East.

If the prophecy is true, why would it change just because the world does?

Ohh... the 80's...   We were all going to go when they dropped the Bomb...   Armeggedon...

Remember the movie "War Games"...   

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 3:36PM #52
TPaine

Apr 1, 2011 -- 9:22PM, Teufelhex wrote:

Ohh... the 80's...   We were all going to go when they dropped the Bomb...   Armeggedon...

I loved that movie almost as much as Dr. Strangelove. I even remember the air raid drills we had in grammar school in the '50s when we had to get under our desks and cover our heads with our hands as if about three square feet of wood could protect us from a nuclear attack.

"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another, and he that has not a vote in the election of representatives is in this case." Thomas Paine:
Dissertation on First Principles of Government (July 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 4:22PM #53
theinterpreter

Mar 24, 2011 -- 7:19PM, wohali wrote:

1. Cases of unsightly and often deadly skin cancer will increase again,
among those who worship the image of suntanned skin (Rev. 16:1-2)

The increase of mellanoma isn't just among those who tan. Many who do purposly tan will never be affected.

Melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer, but the Revelation doesn't say anything about deaths from skin cancer, though melanoma cases are rising the fastest.. I would say that all forms of skin cancer are either caused by the sun or tanning booths.

2. Red hued tides will appear throughout every sea,
and cause billions of fish to cease to be (Rev. 16:3)

Red tide is certainly nothing new. Dianoflagellates are ancient creatures.

Until the 80's there were only a dozen known harmfiul algaes in the sea that caused red tides, and red tides were infrequent. Now there are hundreds of versions of deadly algae that before the 80's were unknown, and red tides are now commomplace throughout the world.

3. Algae and pollution will appear in rivers and lakes,
making the earth’s water unsafe to intake (Rev. 16:4-7)

Safe drinking water, whilst still a huge problem in many parts of the world, is increasingly available. "Alge and pollution will appear"? Where have you been?

There are all sorts of pollution and carcinagens in our drinking water, and it is worse in many parts of the world.

4. It will again be a very hot year,
Adding high seas and heat strokes to things to fear (Rev. 16:8-9)

I'll give you this one.

Thank you. Unfornately there are many global warming deniers who are calling God a liar.

5. The darkness of atheism will increase, and men will gnaw their tongues and blaspheme God Almighty
because of strange new diseases in their body (Rev. 16:10-11)

I don't know any atheists who "gnaw their tongues". What "strange new diseases" are you refering to? Why do you think that atheism is "darkness"?

Aids is one of them, and it can be argued that it mainly affects atheists. There are other drug-resistant diseases like MRSA. MRSA killed my ex-wife who was an atheist..

6. The battle of Ar Mageddon has begun, when the Euphrates was dry on 9/11.
It will escalate until Israel and its few friends have won. (Rev. 16:12-21)

When did the Euphrates dry-up on 9/11?

Saddam Hussein dried up the lower 50 miles of the Euphrates for 9 years. He did it with a couple dams and a diversion canal he named "The Mother of All Battles RIver." He did it to prepare the way for the Battle of Ar Mageddon (which Muslims call the Mother of All Battles).

The Euphrates was restored when the US invaded Iraq.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 4:39PM #54
theinterpreter

Apr 1, 2011 -- 9:22PM, Teufelhex wrote:

I have lived long enough to know that every few years a prophecy changes to fit into what is happening in the world currently.

I remember as a child being told the Russians were coming to get us all and it was predicted in the bible.

Soviet era Moscow was the great whore that sits on 7 hills and many waters. The Muslims of the Middle East are the 7th head of the beast that is hell-bent on starting the Battle of Ar Magedddon.

The seven last plagues began to be poured out in the 80's when cases of skin cancer began to increase.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 5:23PM #55
theinterpreter

Apr 1, 2011 -- 1:45PM, TPaine wrote:

Could it be because such prophecies turned out to be wrong? For instance, the Soviet Union no longer exists but the US does.

The US is the 4th horseman and will rule for a thousand years like the other horsemen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 5:26PM #56
theinterpreter

Mar 24, 2011 -- 8:38PM, wohali wrote:

Claudia, yeah, we may have another Nostradamus here........................................

Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 5:29PM #57
wohali

Wasn't a compliment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 5:40PM #58
theinterpreter

Mar 31, 2011 -- 5:14PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

I don't think the bible references 2011, but it is rather obvious from all of the earthquakes that we are in the 'end times' as prophecied in the prophetic books of the O.T.

Add to that the turmoil in the middle east which fulfills the part about wars.

Actually, all the great earthquakes in the Revelation are great wars (i.e, world wars).

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 8:44AM #59
Whisper01

Revelation(s), prophecies and now horsemen? Ok there seems to be rather a lot of un-spoken history here... The USA is the 4th horseman you say? And will last, as a nation I guess, for 1000 years? Could we have the full story here please? Who are all the horsemen in your personal theology and what are thier stories?

It's getting hotter and will contine? So, how hot was it in 1711? In reference how hot was it in 1707? Was it getting hotter year by year? How many times has this happened over the last several thousand years?

Now skin cancer is biblical? Whew, I assume you can defend that theory in detail?

The times we live in are more biblical than other times? Natural disasters are at an all time high these days? That's hardly defendable you know?

This is all rather confusing as it does not fit with the data we have in hand, these are not the worst times, they have thier own problems just like the 1820's has thiers. How much Skin Cancer was rampant in the 1600's for those living aboard ship or on the beaches continually? Where is the back up data?

Go figure?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 1:06PM #60
SecondSonOfDavid

Apr 2, 2011 -- 5:23PM, theinterpreter wrote:

The US is the 4th horseman and will rule for a thousand years like the other horsemen.

So .... when Jesus returns it will because He wants us all to be like Charlie Sheen and Paris Hilton?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... nah.

InnocentSurprised

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 49  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook