Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Post Reply
Page 49 of 49  •  Prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49
Switch to Forum Live View 2011 in Bible Prophecy
6 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2012 - 8:51PM #481
johnacancienne
Posts: 7,314

The last Ice Age began some 25,000 years ago. The melt down, creating rising waters, and a global flooding was roughly 10,000 years ago. There is always a so called global warming trend prior to this that creates new deserts where once was lush and green. This global warming generally lasts for several thousand years itself. It all has to do with a shifting of the North and South Poles, and the magnetic pull on the earth's tilt. From 1909 to 1968, the North Pole has shifted toward Greenland a total of 30 feet, or 1.9 feet a year.


Although I agree that pollution could have some affect on speeding up global warming, the fact is, within the next several thousand years, if the scientific calculations are correct, then we are irreversibly headed for another Ice Age. This does not spell gloom and doom for humans, after all, they survived the last Ice Age, and even the last global flood. But our North Star will be different, and some species of wild animals may well disappear. What was once lush and green, like the Sahara, and most of the Middle East will be desert. What was once tropical may well be buried under miles of ice such as Antarctica on the South Pole.


This ain't no apocalypse, folks. Just Momma Earth shifting her weight.

It isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2012 - 11:01PM #482
Sacrificialgoddess
Posts: 9,496

Feb 13, 2012 -- 8:51PM, johnacancienne wrote:



This ain't no apocalypse, folks. Just Momma Earth shifting her weight.




It will only be an apocalypse if we find ourselves surrounded by zombies.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2012 - 11:07PM #483
johnacancienne
Posts: 7,314


Feb 13, 2012 -- 8:51PM, johnacancienne wrote:

This ain't no apocalypse, folks. Just Momma Earth shifting her weight.




Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:01PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

It will only be an apocalypse if we find ourselves surrounded by zombies.



In that case..............


I've had zombies living in my house for over a year now..... Two adult children have moved back in with us while going through divorces.....  It would scare hell out of the most stoic priest to see those two wandering about the house in the morning before they've had their first cup of coffee.


It's official..... My house is the movie set for Zombie Land

It isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2012 - 11:11PM #484
Sacrificialgoddess
Posts: 9,496

Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:07PM, johnacancienne wrote:



Feb 13, 2012 -- 8:51PM, johnacancienne wrote:

This ain't no apocalypse, folks. Just Momma Earth shifting her weight.




Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:01PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

It will only be an apocalypse if we find ourselves surrounded by zombies.



In that case..............


I've had zombies living in my house for over a year now..... Two adult children have moved back in with us while going through divorces.....  It would scare hell out of the most stoic priest to see those two wandering about the house in the morning before they've had their first cup of coffee.


It's official..... My house is the movie set for Zombie Land




Well, that certainly explains how animated your wife has been lately. She must be ready to tear her hair out.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2012 - 11:48PM #485
johnacancienne
Posts: 7,314

Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:11PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Well, that certainly explains how animated your wife has been lately. She must be ready to tear her hair out.



We're both ready to start taking some very strong meds.........

It isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 9:31AM #486
Whisper01
Posts: 2,930

Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:48PM, johnacancienne wrote:


Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:11PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Well, that certainly explains how animated your wife has been lately. She must be ready to tear her hair out.



We're both ready to start taking some very strong meds.........





As a alternate to "strong meds" there is the theory of "double tap". But seeing as this is family, zombie family or no, fire arms are probably not the best course of action. Doubly so because it would seem there is a short lived but still viable solution, coffee!


Ah Juan Valdez, you have saved us again you bean farmer you!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 4:10PM #487
johnacancienne
Posts: 7,314


Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:11PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Well, that certainly explains how animated your wife has been lately. She must be ready to tear her hair out.



Feb 13, 2012 -- 11:48PM, johnacancienne wrote:

We're both ready to start taking some very strong meds.........





Feb 14, 2012 -- 9:31AM, Whisper01 wrote:

As a alternate to "strong meds" there is the theory of "double tap". But seeing as this is family, zombie family or no, fire arms are probably not the best course of action. Doubly so because it would seem there is a short lived but still viable solution, coffee!


Ah Juan Valdez, you have saved us again you bean farmer you!




We've bought stock in Community Coffee, (a Louisiana based coffee company), Whisper. And about the double tap thingy goes, I can only refer you back to a quote from Allthegoodnamesweretaken.... the only reason they're still living is because there's this law that protects them. I guess Fang and I are doomed to a life of prescribed drugs and gallons of liquid caffine for the duration of the enemy occupation.


But then again, I can use my spit balls on them untill the caffeen jolt wakes them up.

It isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 5:52PM #488
theinterpreter
Posts: 1,699

Feb 13, 2012 -- 7:25PM, TPaine wrote:


Feb 13, 2012 -- 12:11PM, theinterpreter wrote:


The results are starting to come in.


Last year was the 9th hottest year on record, according to NASA. Nine out of ten of the hottest years have occured since 2000. Turns out that 2011 was a La Nina year, marked by a cooler Pacific and usually lower temperatures world wide. 2011 was the warmist La Nina year on record. Prediction # 4, a hotter than normal year, came to pass.



It doesn't take prophesy to predict that the weather is getting warmer. Until we stop polluting the atmosphere by burning carbon fuels and find a source of clean renewable energy it will continue as it has for the past couple of decades. Part of the problem is the petroleum industry pays politicians to defeat  laws that would protect the environment. El Niños have nothing to do with global warming or climate change. Link



Yes, we need to quit polluting the atmosphere. But unfortunately, the candidates for president on the Republican side all deny that man is contributing to global warming. Guess I'll have to vote for Obama.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2012 - 1:18PM #489
TPaine
Posts: 10,308

Feb 14, 2012 -- 5:52PM, theinterpreter wrote:


Feb 13, 2012 -- 7:25PM, TPaine wrote:


Feb 13, 2012 -- 12:11PM, theinterpreter wrote:


The results are starting to come in.


Last year was the 9th hottest year on record, according to NASA. Nine out of ten of the hottest years have occured since 2000. Turns out that 2011 was a La Nina year, marked by a cooler Pacific and usually lower temperatures world wide. 2011 was the warmist La Nina year on record. Prediction # 4, a hotter than normal year, came to pass.



It doesn't take prophesy to predict that the weather is getting warmer. Until we stop polluting the atmosphere by burning carbon fuels and find a source of clean renewable energy it will continue as it has for the past couple of decades. Part of the problem is the petroleum industry pays politicians to defeat  laws that would protect the environment. El Niños have nothing to do with global warming or climate change. Link



Yes, we need to quit polluting the atmosphere. But unfortunately, the candidates for president on the Republican side all deny that man is contributing to global warming. Guess I'll have to vote for Obama.



It boils down to money. Of the top twenty oil, gas, and mining companies that have contributed to political candidates in 2011-12, all but one of those companies have contributed over 80% of those funds to Republicans. Link

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture."-- Thomas Paine: The Crisis No. V (March 21, 1778)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2012 - 11:23AM #490
Whisper01
Posts: 2,930

Feb 14, 2012 -- 4:10PM, johnacancienne wrote:



We've bought stock in Community Coffee, (a Louisiana based coffee company), Whisper.


And about the double tap thingy goes, I can only refer you back to a quote from Allthegoodnamesweretaken.... the only reason they're still living is because there's this law that protects them. I guess Fang and I are doomed to a life of prescribed drugs and gallons of liquid caffine for the duration of the enemy occupation.


But then again, I can use my spit balls on them untill the caffeen jolt wakes them up.





Oh John, I feel for ya man! I do! I have a whole flock of sonlings and daughterlings that might, at any ill moment, come to my doorstep with "no where else to go". I try to not think about it but your current predicament brings the whole ugly matter into the limelight of stage center.


Endure my good man, salvation is only a job phone-call away from your off spring. But lets make no mistakes here, heavy meds and caffine are GOOD things here! There will come a time much later when you will look back on all this a cry like a little girl, your wife might even take sympathy upon you and feel for your "honest and emotional" out-crying for your children. May she (or mine in time) never know for what we cry, our own occupation by an enemy we can not beat nor even out-manuever with no real definable end in sight. Kind of like France during the last big war in Europe, except they could take firearms out and fight guerilla warfare.


Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 49 of 49  •  Prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook