Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Forum Guidelines - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
4 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2010 - 7:31PM #1
Adelphe

I would like to take this opportunity to remind folks of the discussion parameters of this board:

"This board is for people of any faith or wisdom tradition to discuss what various faith and wisdom traditions have to say about the end of the world. Please note that people of ALL faiths and wisdom traditions are welcome here.

You are invited to explain what your faith or wisdom tradition teaches on this topic, quote sacred texts for illustration, ask questions and comment on the apocalyptic teachings of other faiths, and discuss the influence of end times beliefs in society. Make your case, defend your position, but be prepared that some members will disagree with you, and they have a right to their opinions.

Please do not attempt to convert anyone's religious beliefs here, or ridicule others for their beliefs. Respect the rights of others to hold whatever beliefs they choose, even those that you find objectionable. And please refrain from making negative remarks about other members here."

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind folks of the following from the Rules of Conduct for the forums, here:

Rules of Conduct: Beliefnet Forums

Beliefnet members represent a wide variety of religious and spiritual orientations - all welcome to participate in conversations on our Forums. When you participate in Beliefnet discussions, you may encounter persons whose beliefs differ from your own. We hope that you will approach these encounters in a spirit of tolerance, accepting the rights of others to follow freely their own religious beliefs, even if they seem false to you.

We will not censor members for expressing an opinion, within the limits of these Rules of Conduct. To maintain a welcoming and safe community, and be sure everyone feels free to speak, we cannot permit behavior that disrupts conversations and community of our members. Beliefnet has the right, but not the obligation, to remove or move any member-generated content for any reason, without notice.

The Rules of Conduct below apply to public community areas of Beliefnet, such as message boards, public media, etc. While they do not necessarily apply to member-controlled personal pages such as blogs and profiles, members may enforce these rules on their personal pages at their discretion.

Courtesy | Disruptive behavior | Proselytizing | Local guidelines | Solicitation | Spam | Copying messages | Use of code | Surveys | Your information | Impersonation | Complaints

I recognize the very real fact that some may find the beliefs of others objectionable.  I ask that in your review of the above, please remember this is a Multifaith forum and we appreciate the Beliefnet spirit of tolerance for any and all beliefs that are expressed within these Rules of Conduct.

Thank you for your kind attention.

~Adelphe

Beliefnet Community Host

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Jun 30, 2012 - 10:13PM
Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2010 - 8:01PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

Hee!  I thought things had been postively civil of late, Adelphe.   Laughing

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook