Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
3 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2010 - 12:43AM #1
williejhonlo

Does your faith believe in reincarnation? I was reading a book titled " Reincarnation the missing link in Christianity" interesting read. It says the Jewish mystics believed in reincarnation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2010 - 11:16AM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

Who wrote the book you read?

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2010 - 11:43AM #3
williejhonlo

Nov 10, 2010 -- 11:16AM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Who wrote the book you read?

Elizabeth Clare Prophet

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2010 - 1:25PM #4
gorm-sionnach

Not overtly, though there are examples from the mythic and law tets which have led some to support the notion that some kind of belief in reincarnation was present. The question is quite debatable, though my preference is for some sort of continued existence in the realm of the dead.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2010 - 5:49PM #5
d1hoognoz

If we are all one and time is an illusion and the only time is the Now. Just Who is reincarnating and when for God's sake are they doing it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2010 - 7:54PM #6
Miranda in LA

I've written three books on reincarnation, and have studied it for more than 40 years. Now I'm planning a fourth book on reincarnation, but this one will take it up another step. There are a lot of enlightened physicists out there whose experiments with subatomic particles and rays have caused them to forget about scientific materialism and take a good long look at reincarnation. A few whom I can name off the top of my head are Nick Herbert, Fred Alan Wolf, David Darling, and Amrit Goswami.

What my new book will encompass is the physicists' point of view. There have been experiments with subatomic particles that seem to indicate that if subatomic particles are destroyed, within seconds (if that long) they rematerialize. (And don't ask me how I know that it's the same particle. I have no idea how the physicists know this, but I'm sure they know; otherwise they wouldn't risk their reputations by embracing something that's so controversial.

As for why we reincarnate if we are all one: The Hindus call it the Play of Consciousness. It starts with the Days and Nights of Brahman - the Ultimate God of the Universe. Many millennia ago, some very enlightened Hindu sage hit upon the concept of the Days and Nights of Brahman - which is identical to the modern scientific theory of the expanding and collapsing Universe. In the beginning, there was only a tiny dot in the cosmos. This was the ultimate conscious Being: the Lord of the Universe, whom the Hindus call Brahman. The Kabbalists call it the Ain-Soph, the Native Americans the Great Spirit, etc. But at some point, there was a iminiscule fluctuation - and Brahman exploded into zillions of conscious beings. Some because stars, others planets, others living creatures such as humans, animals, birds, plants, mountains, oceans, rivers, etc. Mme. Blavatsky embraced the holozoic theory - meaning that everything in the Universe, from the smallest atom to the grandest galaxy, is alive and conscious. And all these life forms are born and then they die, then they are born again - but they are still all part of Brahman, Ain-Soph, the Great Mother, whatever you want to call him/her. In the end, when the Night of Brahm comes and the Universe starts to collapse, we will all be reunited with the other fragments of our being. So that is how we can all be one, and yet still play the game as if we were all separate. Think about it!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2010 - 10:21AM #7
Warrenmckenney

Interesting topic.  Years ago a scientist/philosopher by the name of Rupert Sheldrake postulated the idea of a morphogenic field that surrounds the earth.  This field supposedly is an energy field made up of the energy of every being that every lived upon this earth (as well as the vibratory field of the earth itself).  He says that every thought that has ever been conceived by anyone on this planet has a certain vibratory field or resonance that is associated with the energy resonance of the individual who lived on this planet and that energy field is stored in the morphogenic field that surrounds this planet.  He further states that each of us has our own frequency and that at times we can "tune" ourselves or be "en rapport" with similar vibratory frequencies.  Hence, a little girl in Brazil who spoke only Portuguese could resonate with the vibratory frequency of a little girl who lived 200 years ago in Ireland and spoke only Gaelic  whose vibratory field is stored in the morphogenic field that surrounds the earth and would then have the experience of "being" that girl and therefore speaking the Gaelic of 200 years ago.  Their frequency of vibratory rates was en rapport.  Her name was Bridey Murphey and the story is outline in the book by Edgar Cayce entilted"The Search for Bridey Murphy".  This is one explanation for the idea of reincarnation - being in resonance with the energy field of another who lived on this planet at one time.  If that is true then this theory also explains telepathy among other experiences and does nothing to take away from any religious or philosophical belief.  warrenmckenney

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2010 - 4:34PM #8
rdsetc

Like all play in maya reincarnation is simply part of the game.  Time and space are illusory thus birth and death are like all else, perceptual.  Reincarnation or any other part of existence is free of religiosity but if religionists want to attach it to some religion they are of course free to do so.  It's all in the game, what we do as we continue on to infinity in the play.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2010 - 12:13PM #9
Warrenmckenney

Truer words were never spoken but I find that most people do not have a concept of "Oneness" either from a God standpoint or "energy" standpoint.  Therefore all of the nuances of separateness apply, religious differences, philosophical differences, etc.  Only if one does accept the concept of Oneness of all life then the game really begins, the game of life. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2010 - 12:32PM #10
Abambagibus

Whose fibers imperceptible are never to be frayed, this most interesting thread reminds me of some words that Horatio must have heard : There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.   Those who believe their philosophy a rock, which they rationally delineate with the chisel of their faith, are ignorant of the power of their separative erosion.  Fortasse Abambagibus. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook