Post Reply
Page 5 of 120  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 120 Next
4 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2011 - 9:34PM #41
LeahOne
Posts: 16,412

Poor 'KIND' - I suppose you're just so paranoid about us nonChristians that you can't even whine about what you claim is a 'perosnal attack' without making one of you own.


Nobody is interested in you or your personal pictures - and it was libelous of you to drag that nonsense in here.  AS IF anyone here would slink that low.


But it's A-OK with you that nancy pretends to be'Christian' while she believe I and my people are not truly human.  Fine.


You may as well know- there are other Christians on this forum whose theology is probably similar to yours, except that they have the decency to condemn Nancy's bigotry.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2011 - 9:40PM #42
KIND6004
Posts: 516

Define paranoid? In Terms of the antichrist, end times, signs and wonders, birth pangs, prophecy? Aramagaden? Bible Evidence in old and new testament. Why is this subject so scary that it incites some to try to avoid the discussion. Lets review, what Christ had to say about the days ahead, and what scripture has to say.


MUST say leah one I did review the same ammt of posts made from you 38 pages, did not get  much outside of 2010 this year to this JANUARY Of this month, and there was quite a lot I could say but you have over 7,000 posts more then 200 pages, and it appears you have talked all over the boards, in fact you may have resulted in this post being transferred from the area it originated in. You have also on two other occasions made accusations toward me. But its nothing I Should feel upset about because you have used the same kind of attacks on others, some comments are not consistent unsure if you are more then one individual, using the name leah one, because the comments from a little housemaker from maine seem, to paint a picture as someone who does not know much, but you certainly have a lot to say, and much of the language, anyway others can review your posts and make thier own decisions of why this attack is ongoing.


In the bible it says in the testament to allow the wheat to grow up with the tares/weeds, and that the angels of God would do the reaping,/harvesting/ and tells us where the tares/ weeds will be thrown, when Christ returns. Now  I am doing a study of something so do not want use my electronic bible to divert it away from the issue, I am  currently studying. But have given enough of the wording that someone can use a concordance to find the exact passage. Maybe matthew 13:29  Read matthew24?

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 12:57PM #43
TPaine
Posts: 9,385

Jan 23, 2011 -- 9:40PM, KIND6004 wrote:


Define paranoid? In Terms of the antichrist, end times, signs and wonders, birth pangs, prophecy? Aramagaden? Bible Evidence in old and new testament. Why is this subject so scary that it incites some to try to avoid the discussion. Lets review, what Christ had to say about the days ahead, and what scripture has to say.



What Jesus had to say is irrelevant to non-Christians. Besides, he wrote nothing of his own. His words have been quoted (or invented) by others decades after his death. I haven't seen anyone who posts in this thread who is attempting to avoid the discussion. Disagreement is not avoidance.


Jan 23, 2011 -- 9:40PM, KIND6004 wrote:

MUST say leah one I did review the same ammt of posts made from you 38 pages, did not get  much outside of 2010 this year to this JANUARY Of this month, and there was quite a lot I could say but you have over 7,000 posts more then 200 pages, and it appears you have talked all over the boards, in fact you may have resulted in this post being transferred from the area it originated in. You have also on two other occasions made accusations toward me. But its nothing I Should feel upset about because you have used the same kind of attacks on others, some comments are not consistent unsure if you are more then one individual, using the name leah one, because the comments from a little housemaker from maine seem, to paint a picture as someone who does not know much, but you certainly have a lot to say, and much of the language, anyway others can review your posts and make thier own decisions of why this attack is ongoing.



In your previous post you said: 

Jan 23, 2011 -- 8:41PM, KIND6004 wrote:

Ok, did take your advice and went back to review Nancy's posts, see that there was talk about the Jewish terminology, and when it started, some discussion of kennite, unsure what this means, in old testament the term used was Israelites, so this JEW, is a term used in modern times.


Nancy claims that kenites are the decedents of Satan and Eve. If you agree that kenites = Jews you are agreeing with Leah that Nancy believes the Jews are the children of Satan. I can see where that would upset a Jewish person since such a claim is outright anti-Semitic. People have the right to be bigots and make anti-Semitic statements, but others have the right to call them on it and disagree.


I don't know who you are calling "little housemaker from maine" but Leah is not from Maine. There is a difference between Southern and Northern New England. Someone who doesn't understand that should not describe another as "someone who does not know much."


Jan 23, 2011 -- 9:40PM, KIND6004 wrote:

In the bible it says in the testament to allow the wheat to grow up with the tares/weeds, and that the angels of God would do the reaping,/harvesting/ and tells us where the tares/ weeds will be thrown, when Christ returns. Now  I am doing a study of something so do not want use my electronic bible to divert it away from the issue, I am  currently studying. But have given enough of the wording that someone can use a concordance to find the exact passage. Maybe matthew 13:29  Read matthew24?



Why should a non-Christian read Matthew? It is not scripture to them. Jewish people read the Tanakh and Talmud, not the King James Bible. You may believe the KJV is the Word of God, that is your right, but others have an equal right to believe otherwise. The person who claims that their holy book is true also has to prove that belief is true. In a multi-faith forum such as this people from many or no religious beliefs are free to express their views.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 2:02PM #44
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,786

Jan 23, 2011 -- 9:40PM, KIND6004 wrote:


Define paranoid? In Terms of the antichrist, end times, signs and wonders, birth pangs, prophecy? Aramagaden? Bible Evidence in old and new testament. Why is this subject so scary that it incites some to try to avoid the discussion. Lets review, what Christ had to say about the days ahead, and what scripture has to say.




The only people who find any of that scary is the people pushing it. And pushing for it. There is no evidence in the bible for anything. It is a faith book, interpreted differently by everyone who reads it.


The anti-christ devil person exists in only a very few religions, and belongs to them exclusively. And has no bearing what so ever on those who believe differently. Armageddon, will not come because of any god or bible reading, And if some global war destruction happens it will happen because of believers  wanting it and believing it will bring back their god, thus dishonouring him in the process, IOW radical dooms day Christians.


As TPaine stated, "disagreement is not avoidance"


If people just behaved themselves and tried to work for peace, Something I have notice those who push the idea of armageddon do not like, Peace that is. The world would be fine.


I am not scared of armageddon or the Christian devil, only those human beings, who so ardently,  demand the end of the world.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 2:06PM #45
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,786

Jan 23, 2011 -- 9:40PM, KIND6004 wrote:


 




Your signature is "God is good". How can you believe that, and believe he would allow something like a devil, or antichrist? or permit people to suffer armageddon?


An all powerful good God would not allow such things.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 7:12PM #46
KIND6004
Posts: 516

Seems the post disappeared again, went to far out before saving it or perhaps whoever was reading it did not like what was said and erased the train of thought.


But this is not the area for two individuals to come and duke it out. I am on the lords side, this discussion has been effectively blocked many times in fact this post has been transferred even from the original forum area. I Did not open all of the posts surrounding the issue but I dont get the impression from reading leah ones posts, that she needs anyone to fight her battles, she has the ability to use language quite well.


My thoughts are why everytime this particular subject is brought up in over two years of posts was it shut down for all purpose and intent huge sections in areas about this subject were eradicated. So this room is not being set aside for any purpose then the questions I Have listed.


GOD IS GOOD!


His thoughts were made known not only in the new testament but the old testament, so Daniel, and many Prophets discussed the coming of the Messiah, and the end of days. I Think if you walk in your house and start beating on your children unannounced, and without provacation that is not good. But if you warn them time and time again, if you as the bible said are married to the back slidder. If you send your son, an he is rejected by mankind, of course God had a purpose.


Scripture says his thoughts are higher then our thoughts. He is a Holy God, He is a righteous God. But he is also a jeolous God. In fact it appears to me he has a personality. That could be a separate forum, find in scripture the traits, characteristics of God.


So it is hard for me to imagine anyone who has read the old testament, asking Why?


Why do men still reject him? Why do they use his name in profane Language? And even his sons name in curses. Why do some men women and children only cry out to him when there is trouble.


Also , The bible says whatever you use to judge the terms are the same that will be used to judge you take the wooden slat /steel beam (my choice) out of your eye before you try to take the mote out of the other persons eye.

Moderated by Merope on Jan 26, 2011 - 02:06AM
God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 7:20PM #47
TPaine
Posts: 9,385

Jan 24, 2011 -- 2:06PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Your signature is "God is good". How can you believe that, and believe he would allow something like a devil, or antichrist? or permit people to suffer armageddon?


An all powerful good God would not allow such things.



I agree, Cap. According to various Abrahamic scriptures their God possesses many negative human emotions such as hate, jealousy, egotism,  and vindictiveness. These are not considered to be moral attributes. Those scriptures also support slavery, misogyny, execution of children, and genocide in the name of their God. A deity that has negative emotions is not one I care to believe in.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 7:41PM #48
KIND6004
Posts: 516

The devil does not care whether, you believe in him, or not. IT does not even matter if you believe in hell or not, it will not eradicate the fact that it exists.


However it does matter who you say Jesus is, and what you believe or know about him.


I have a bible with six translations, (anyone can by these at a christian bible store) my preference is the King james Version, but like to use side by side comparisons. So it seems not quite true that someone would say that the different versions dont say pretty much the same thing. Some are watered down, using language of today, or a softer tone. I think you are saying some concordances give different interpretations. Some authors of other books give different interpretations. If you decide you want to throw out certain sections, no one can stop you. But the idea, that prophecy is being driven by believers in the word of God is ridiculous.


Scripture says Pray for the ruling authorities so you may live in peace. Is that what is being DONE.


You can not put the behaviors of mankind which are discussed in scripture as being Gods fault, he sees, he address them, but he actually instituted marriage what is happening with that? Now this is also not chance to air grievances against who you perceive GOD to be.


ITS discussion about the anti christ?


 

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 7:53PM #49
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,786

Jan 24, 2011 -- 7:41PM, KIND6004 wrote:


The devil does not care whether, you believe in him, or not. IT does not even matter if you believe in hell or not, it will not eradicate the fact that it exists.


 




You miss the point completely, no good all powerful god would allow a devil in the first place.


 


Keep something else in mind, if this devil of yours exists, he is only for those who are followers of his pantheon, and has nothing to do with those of other gods.


I feel bad for those who belong to a god that would allow a devil to torment them. How sad

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 8:06PM #50
KIND6004
Posts: 516

Maine, he is the only God! I guess if you have never read the bible you dont know that its not his believers that will be tormented. Or even that hell, was not made for man, but for the fallen angels, but that because of mans sinfulness hell has enlarged itself. Furthermore, you can avoid this place.


Now again, this still is not the forum discussion, you are perhaps trying to take it into the same discussions that caused previous, forums to have large chunks of posts deleted.


The rapture! Did you read any of the questions or the responses. Please start another forum discussing, in your own questions or explanations of Why your god is better?


But that is not this discussion the anti christ

Moderated by Merope on Jan 26, 2011 - 02:08AM
God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 120  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 120 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook