Page 2 of 120  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 120 Next
4 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2010 - 6:04PM #11
Iwantamotto

KIND6004:  Has the anti Christ, spirit, crept into even the bibles that are coming from new aged doctines, using the changing of the very word of to decieve the elect of God as predicted in the book New aged Versions of the Bible.

When the biblical authors added a New Testament to the Perfectly Fine Testament, were they deceiving about God?  :P

Is Christs divinity, being whited out of he pages, who do you say Jesus is?

A religious teacher who got busted for "treason".

Is there a trinity?

Nope.  It is the over-rationalization of some people who felt guilty for betraying monotheism.

Are we in the last days

For the ones who are dying.  It's always SOMEONE'S last day.

Do we have wars and rumors of wars? Earthquakes, natural disasters?

We always have them.  What's the point?

Has all that is occuring been prophesied in the word of God?

If we don't take the rantings of modern "Messiahs", who almost invariably have the same embittered paranoid delusions as the author of Revelations, why do we trust the author of Revelations?

Is the anti Christ already alive and living on the planet earth.

Wouldn't it be funny if God said it was you?  Funny how the antiChrist is never the one spreading fear and stuff.

When some groups say they are christians what does it really mean?

What does it mean when you say it?

Do we have a formation of the european government described in the end times?

Incompetence aside, history teaches us governments are more ineffective the larger the territory they cover, so what are you afraid of?

Who owns most of the land in the united states?

Humans.   Might I remind you that anyone can own this land.  There was no contract in 300,000BC demanding that only certain types get it.

Does it appear that its now conceivable that food, and supplies could be restricted, with the press to have our bank cards etc, implanted in our palms? or marked in their skulls?

Who cares?  Does getting a chipped credit card magically keep God at bay?  I mean, seriously, how weak a faith does it take to think God can be scared off by some barcodes?

Was the failing of the banking system predicted in scripture?

Was the endless whining of those who must desperately want it predicted?  Oh, yeah.

the side that is going to be raptured out, so I Am not panicked

Have fun.  Let me know how God treats people who are so desperate to return the gift of life to Sender.

allthegoodnames:  You mean 12/21/2012?  Nah, I just figure they had to stop writing sometime.

LOL, yeah, imagine becoming paranoid just because some old dead guys got writer's cramp.  :)

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2010 - 6:59PM #12
hungrylittlemonster

I really do wish Martin Luther would have succeeded in removing the Revelations.

And anyway for you literalists out there there will only be 12,000 from the 12 original tribes that will be raptured.

In other words 144,000 middle eastern decendent Christians.  If your European...   You won't be seein till the fire storm is over.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2010 - 7:44PM #13
TPaine

Oct 28, 2010 -- 7:49PM, KIND6004 wrote:

Has the anti Christ, spirit, crept into even the bibles that are coming from new aged doctines, using the changing of the very word of to decieve the elect of God as predicted in the book New aged Versions of the Bible.

No, the Anti-Christ is a mythological creature invented by the anonymous author of Revelation. The Bible is not the Word of God. The Word of God would be perfect and the Bible is not. It is filled with contradictions, errors, mistranslations, and scribal additions and deletions, It was written by men who never met Jesus or heard him speak

who do you say Jesus is?

I believe he was a Jewish preacher who lived in Palestine in the first century CE and preached a positive message of love for one another and against judging others.

Is there a trinity?

No. The concept is not found in any Greek (the original language of the New Testament) manuscript before the year 1500 CE.

Do we have wars and rumors of wars? Earthquakes, natural disasters? Are they occuring at the same rate as a women in Trivail? What is trivail?

They have always existed. There is nothing new in the history of the planet. Women have always suffered in childbirth.

travail

–noun
1. painfully difficult or burdensome work; toil.
2. pain, anguish or suffering resulting from mental or physical hardship.
3. the pain of childbirth.
–verb (used without object)
4. to suffer the pangs of childbirth; be in labor.
5. to toil or exert oneself.

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2010

Has all that is occuring been prophesied in the word of God?

No

When some groups say they are christians what does it really mean?

You would have to ask them.

Is the anti Christ already alive and living on the planet earth.

There is no Anti-Christ. The concept is a myth.

Do we have a formation of the european government described in the end times?

No, there are 27 members in the European. The Bible mentions 10.

Who owns most of the land in the united states?

I believe the federal governor is the largest lans owner

Do we already have the ability to mark people with the mark of the beast?

The mark of the beast is another myth just like the Anti-Christ

Does it appear that its now conceivable that food, and supplies could be restricted, with the press to have our bank cards etc, implanted in our palms? or marked in their skulls?

It's technically possible to do so, but the likelihood os remote to non-existant. It would violate the constitutional right to privacy

Is the world prepared for the tribulation judgements? Is the calendar 2012 a potential event?

There is no use preparing for something that won't happen. 2012 is another roll-over date in the Mayan calandar. It has happened before and will happen again.

Are we preparing for a world catastrophe?

It depends on the catastrophe. If it was something man-made we have the power to stop it. If it is something like an asteroid hitting the earth as happened 65.5 million years ago, we probably aren't going to be able to stop it with current technology.

Was the failing of the banking system predicted in scripture?

No, the system failed in 1929, but recovered. It happens now and again.

How much is left to occur before the rapture?

Most experts agree that the earth will exist for another 2.5 billion years

Do all christians believe in the rapture?

No. Premilleniomists believe in a rapture, postmilleniumists do not.

Do all churches believe in heaven or Hell?

It's doubtful, they don't agree on much.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2010 - 7:48PM #14
TPaine

Oct 29, 2010 -- 4:42PM, KIND6004 wrote:

This is how forums use to work in the old days, throw out the subject, questions to be answered and no forum was able to say; it all but maybe thats why my return is eminent. Nancy NjoyAAAAirbrus, welcome And sacrificial Godd, another oldie, that is called forth. If you think this subject is against your religion you should wonder why? Lets take a look at what Jesus had to say about this subject, and book of revelations, and Even book of Timothy lets just let the holy spirit lead us. Direct those who fill called to share and take part to come in and lets look at the Birth Pangs come one and all. Are we in labour

No man knows the hour or day, but yes, we can certainly look at the travail.

This is a multi-faith forum. Not all the posters here are Christian and do not believe as you do. If you want to discuss different forms of Christianity there are lots of forums for you to do that in. Here you will get answers from both Christians and non-Chridstians and will most likely be asked to defend your beliefs with actual facts.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2010 - 7:51PM #15
Sacrificialgoddess
I guess this guy doesn't have a sense of humor?
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2010 - 3:29PM #16
Xristocharis

By new aged versions of the Bible I can only imagine is meant the satanically inspired Authorized Version of 1611 which the devil, in all his evil genius, blighted the world with in order to replace God's one and only infallible and holy Word, the Wyclif Bible.

Oh, and hello everyone! Cool

-Jon

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Hélder Câmara
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2010 - 3:38PM #17
Xristocharis

No. Premilleniomists believe in a rapture, postmilleniumists do not.

That's half true. Dispensational Premillennialists (say it five times fast) believe in the Rapture; with most in that camp siding on the Pre-Tribulationist camp. There are, however, Historic Premillennialists who reject the doctrine of the Rapture (or at least the popularly conceived notion well known from Dispensationalist thought). A number of early Christians were Chiliasts, which was the traditional name for Millennialism--belief that the Millennium mentioned in the Revelation is a literal and future period of time. Including Sts. Justin, Irenaeus and Hipolytus of Rome. Historic Premillennialism has more in common with some of the eschatological ideas of these 2nd and 3rd century Church Fathers than the Dispensationalist variety espoused since the 19th century.

Though the vast majority of Christianity has, since antiquity (or at least the 3rd-5th century or abouts) subscribed to Amillennialism--the Millennium is symbolic and represents the indeffinite period between the Ascension and Parousia where Jesus reigns at the right hand of God the Father and through His Church, the kingdom of God is a present reality as well as a future reality, as opposed to a wholly future, earthly kingdom as many Dispensationalists maintain).

-Jon

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Hélder Câmara
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2010 - 3:49PM #18
Xristocharis

Oct 29, 2010 -- 6:59PM, hungrylittlemonster wrote:

I really do wish Martin Luther would have succeeded in removing the Revelations.

And anyway for you literalists out there there will only be 12,000 from the 12 original tribes that will be raptured.

In other words 144,000 middle eastern decendent Christians.  If your European...   You won't be seein till the fire storm is over.

It's possible that in a parallel universe not all that different from our own it may have never made into the New Testament Canon at all. It was one of the more heavily disputed books.

I have days where I think the New Testament may have been better off without it, but to be honest I really appreciate the Apocalypse; but that's because I don't read it as an outline describing the end of the world. I read it as a message of enduring hope to a group of churches suffering persecution near the end of the first century, pointing toward hope in the Jesus who was crucified in whom there is victory over the violent and hostile powers in the world (examplified in the Roman Empire). It may seem strange given the graphic nature of the text, but there are lots of people out there who actually read the text and see a message of Christian non-violent discipleship (Example).

-Jon

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2010 - 4:33PM #19
hungrylittlemonster

Jon - Being brought up German Reformed we tended to totally ignore the Revelation.

Revelations 22:16"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

In all my research I discovered that The Morning Star is Lucifer.

It is very convenient that the Literalists tend to not quote this passage but Love 18 and 19.

They Totally ignore 17 which is an invitation to ALL to enter the Kingdom.  So you can go to the end, through the tests and if in the end you so wish to enter you may.  So the Hope you state is there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2010 - 7:57PM #20
peterthesplitfish

Shalom Kind,

You have to know that if you are going to discuss appocalyptic literature that John's revelation of his internal journy to the inner kingdom is not the only appocalyptic literature out there. Much of the Essene writing has to do with individual journey's set appart from the canon because they are personal and not a part of 'group think' that is the basis of orthodox Christianity. Also, many more were discovered with the Nag Hamadi library was unearthed about the same time as the Dead Sea Scrolls. There is a deeper reason why these became availible now and why they were not destroyed that a true discerning mind can figure out if not overcome by the inner ego-self. You cannot ready any of it literally because it comes in the form of allegory from the inner kingdom that is not bound by human laws and human language. Why is it that so many think their god spoke only English and only English from 1611?

Peter M.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 120  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 120 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook