Switch to Forum Live View Why I like being a Christian...
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2010 - 3:09PM #1
Tillie

To me being a Christian is being a follower of Jesus Christ; which would be keeping my faith in Him.  I have personal convictions e.g. I need to pray more each day; whether in my mind or out loud or in the Spirit, e.g. in Tongues; I need to sing in the spirit and in the understanding.  Prayer is important to me and sometimes I do not do as I should, esp. when I'm sick; however I can speak to Him in my mind.  I need to speak with my friends that believe as I do and pray with them too.  I like being a Christian because it gives me a sense of balance and a belonging to God.  I am never alone because He is with me.  "I will never leave you nor forsake you, I will be with you always even until the end of the age."  I add this sometimes to my prayers and also say: ...and ever more, amen.  It is good to know that God loves me and sent His Son for whoever calls upon the name of Jesus shall be Saved.  This gives me comfort too.  I just feel that I belong to Him and even tho' I still fall short in the way people think and want me to be; God sees and understands and continues to bless and I have that knowledge of knowing that I belong to HIm forever. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2010 - 10:12PM #2
Scottishpresbyterianmanpca4life

Hi, I'm Knoxie and I'm new here on Beliefnet. I love being a Christian because I realize that is what the start of my personal relationship with Jesus Christ is about. I am a calvinist Presbyterian and I belong to the PCA, which is a conservative Presbyterian denomination.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook