Switch to Forum Live View Swedish/Scandinavian immigrants and Native American peoples - posted with authors permission
4 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2010 - 10:14PM #1
Bunsinspace

October 12 at 10:17am  

Hi
My name is Veronica Lilja and I’m an element producer with the Swedish Broadcasting Company UR, which is public service, none commercial. I currently work with a TV series about the history of literature which is aired prime time in Sweden’s largest TV channel. Our target group are young adult.

In two weeks we are going to the US in the tracks of one of Sweden’s greatest authors – Vilhelm Moberg, - who wrote four novels about the Swedish immigration to North America.
This reportage will be about the books but also about the reality behind the story. One major story line in one of the four novels is the relationship between the Swedish immigrants and the Native Americans.

We are now looking for someone, or some people, who can tell us about these encounters from the Native American point of view:
What stories are being told about this time, about the encounters between the different groups of people?
How has the relationships developed?
Are there specific stories being told about Scandinavian immigrants? Anything specific about this group?
How has the Scandinavian immigration influenced your tribe, culture and history?

Is there someone affiliated with you who might be a good person to talk to concerning these topics?

We are also looking for advixce on interesting spots to film.

Looking forward to your response!

Veronica Lilja Element Producer
Kunskapshuset, Oxenstiernsgatan 34, 105 10 Stockholm

MOB: 0708-399592 E-POST: vel@ur.se veronica.lilja@gmail.com
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook