Switch to Forum Live View Why I like being an atheist :)
4 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2010 - 2:41PM #1
Fatally_yours

I don't have conflicts between scientific and religious beliefs.

I base my morals on what I feel is right rather than what I read in a book.

Getting to sleep in on Sundays (lol).

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2010 - 5:34PM #2
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Sounds good enough to me. 

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2010 - 9:01PM #3
mainecaptain

Me too, :))

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2010 - 3:39PM #4
BillWitt

Sounds good to me.  I quite buying the Christian con-game when I was about 5 years old (something about the kangaroos getting to the Ark), refused to go back to Sunday school, never returned, and never regretted it.  Skiing, sailing, playing tennis, sleep in, or doing almost anything else, sure beats the heck out of going to church on Sunday. 

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - -Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2010 - 9:23PM #5
Sacrificialgoddess
Me too. 

*Snerk*

I do find it funny that most of the people agreeing with the OP aren't atheists.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2010 - 12:15PM #6
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Oct 6, 2010 -- 9:23PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Me too.    *Snerk*   I do find it funny that most of the people agreeing with the OP aren't atheists.

For me it is an intellectual honesty thing.  Belief is very personal.  If someone else doesn't see a reason to adopt any of the myriad of beliefs, they shouldn't.  Beliefs also shouldn't conflict with other things that the person knows or understands. 

Plus, I too like sleeping in on Sundays.....

Wink

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 days ago  ::  Aug 19, 2014 - 3:39PM #7
TRUECHRISTIAN

I like being an Atheist for many of the reasons that other Atheist have previously mentioned. 

However I am not only an Atheist I am also a Secular Humanist. 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism

I could be wrong.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook