Page 156 of 156  •  Prev 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156
3 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2011 - 4:37PM #1551
Heretic_for_Christ

Somehow, I don't think Madhorseman is going to answer. At least not now, not until he has figured out another explanation for God's failure to destroy the world on schedule.

I must say that although end-of-the-world predictions have a naturally colorful and entertaining character, the explanations offered up by Madhorseman and Harold Camping are really no more preposterous than the explanations routinely offered up by Christian apologists trying to convince people (including themselves, I suspect) that patently self-contradictory portions of the Bible are really perfectly harmonious, or trying to explain why biblical depictions of God as an infanticidal genocidal tyrant are not blasphemous but actually proof of God's greatness.

This is the inevitable consequence of biblolatry--primary faith in a book.

I prayed for deliverance from the hard world of facts and logic to the happy land where fantasy and prejudice reign. But God spake unto me, saying, "No, keep telling the truth," and to that end afflicted me with severe Trenchant Mouth. So I'm sorry for making cutting remarks, but it's the will of God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2011 - 11:49PM #1552
Hatman

However, Oct 21 2011 no one is going to say nothing happened.

"Have a care how you speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
~Y'shua Ha Maschiach

Where is that place where all the false prophets go, again?  You know, those who say they tell the truth when what they utter turns out to be lies?

(nuthin' like bein' hoist by yer own petard to inspire a serious re-think of one's position.)

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 9:50PM #1553
Svetlana

Oct 25, 2011 -- 11:49PM, Hatman wrote:

However, Oct 21 2011 no one is going to say nothing happened.

"Have a care how you speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." ~Y'shua Ha Maschiach Where is that place where all the false prophets go, again? You know, those who say they tell the truth when what they utter turns out to be lies? (nuthin' like bein' hoist by yer own petard to inspire a serious re-think of one's position.) Warmest regards- Hatman

(emphasis mine)  Yes, but there are those as Madhorseman seems to be, those who are not lying because they truly believe what they claim.  It is Camping who is most likely to be guilty, although even he may have believed his own nonsense.  To me, there is a great difference between knowingly telling falsehoods, and actually believing what you SHOULD know is a falsehood.  Camping and his followers are suffering punishment already, in that no one will ever take them seriously about anything again, and they are laughing stocks.  This is in addition to the severe disappointment they must feel that nothing happened, so maybe they're suffering enough for just being such fools, and don't deserve greater punishment, since they really believed it.  

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2012 - 2:13PM #1554
TPaine

I believe I've found Camping's excuse for his prophesy not coming true. Last November he broadcast a message that God's telling him to publicise that the world would end on October 21, 2011 equated to God's telling Abraham to sacrifice his son Issiac. God was testing his faith and obdience. Since Madhorseman has been told what to say, I'm surprised he has not returned to claim he was only following God's command. Maybe he realized that we wouldn't buy that bovine excrement any more than we bought his original claim. Link (Click on "Message from Mr. Camping at the top of the page.)

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2012 - 10:23PM #1555
Whisper01

Oh this is a "dead" thread. Mad has gone far away and rightly so, he had to come to the realization that it was all just a story fabricated by mad Harold. Even Harold backed out of the whole thing, stating it was "real" but for un-known reasons it was not what Harold had spent over 30 years coming up with. Harold has retired, mad is gone, there is really no reason for this thread to have any kind of heartb-beat any longer. Go figure?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 156 of 156  •  Prev 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook