Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Rider Asks if Cabby Is Muslim, Then Stabs Him
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 10:07AM #11
mecdukebec
All kinds of nutiness in the land:  Ms Palin says "refudiate" and her minions believe she's channeling the Bard of Avon.  A man named "George" hears God tell him to invade Iraq, and presto!, 4 500 dead later, we wonder at what "God hath wrought."  -- Now, a nutjob listens to False News, realises that the Divine has a mission for him, and there's a Muslim at the receiving end.

What wonders ahead await in the waning months of 2010?

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 11:58AM #12
Tolerant Sis

It was only a matter of time before an incident like this occurred.

First amendment fan since 1793.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 12:28PM #13
Stardove

Aug 26, 2010 -- 9:42AM, loveontheair wrote:

Hello,

Just how does one make the association with this crime to the Mosque Caper? How does one conclude that from reading the article?

love

From the OP article The New York Times says:

The violence that erupted during the cab ride came amid a heated and persisting national debate over whether to situate a Muslim community center and mosque two blocks north of ground zero. Upon learning of the attack on the cabdriver, some Muslim groups called for political and religious leaders to quiet tensions.

Guess you will have to contact the authors of the article to know how John Eligon, Ann Farmer, Michael M. Grynbaum, Andy Newman, Ray Rivera, D. Z. Stone and Karen Zraick came to their conclusion.

Moderated by Merope on Sep 03, 2010 - 12:08PM
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 8:21PM #14
jane2

Aug 26, 2010 -- 2:24AM, Ebon wrote:

Aug 26, 2010 -- 2:10AM, jane2 wrote:

All should be welcome here.

I entirely agree but let's be honest, there's always been some clear blue between the dream of America and the reality.

Now, I know the right (or, in deference to Mark, the Palinist faction anyway) have been ginning up a load of hostility to Muslims and yeah, the natural assumption is that this is some random nutter who's been tipped over the edge by anti-Muslim rhetoric and maybe that's the case. But we know virtually nothing about this case yet and I'm hearing unconfirmed rumours that the perp was someone who had been involved in some way with Park51. So, I think it would be wise to reserve judgement until we know a bit more.

I'm more than willing to see what develops. And I've ridden in more than a few NYC cabs.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2010 - 12:13PM #15
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook