Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View Christian leaders call for tolerance, peace during Ramadan
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 11:23AM #61
Erey

Aug 17, 2010 -- 10:25AM, Sirronrex wrote:

Aug 17, 2010 -- 12:14AM, Erey wrote:

"America, in short, represents not just how far humanity has yet to travel on the road to complete civility, but how far humanity has already traveled. For now, if the rest of the world just caught up with America, it would be a huge leap forward for the cause of toleration."

The United States has come a long way, but it's conservatives, in particular Christian conservatives, who have been kicking and screaming and clawwing at the ground to prevent that movement forward every step of the way.

You can deny that fact all you want, but history proves your denial is nothing more than the same kicking and screaming and clawwing of ignorance we're all so very familiar with.

Well at least you actually read the post where there is muslim inclusiveess.  Which is much more than what I can say for all the sanctamonious Liberal haters on this board.

But you are also a hater too, therefore a big, big part of the problem.  Most of your posts have to do with who and what you hate  Therefore I don't think you have anything to teach anyone.  Especially not me.  I avoid people like yourself whose 4 our of 5 posts have to do with hate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 11:39AM #62
Agnosticspirit

I completely applaud the call from Christian leaders for peace and tolerance during Ramadan. I assume similar pleas were issued from Islamic clerics.  If so, doesn't appear as if the recent act of barbarism perpetrated by a suicide bomber in Bagdad got the memo.  

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 11:42AM #63
Bezant

You know something, Ramadan started I believe the 1 August, which is also the start of a two-week fast and absention in the Eastern churches (Fast of the Dormition). There is nothing like hunger that can bring people together.

:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 10:48PM #64
mountain_man

Aug 17, 2010 -- 12:14AM, Erey wrote:

I realise you guys are going to hate, hate and deny this.

It's called "projection."

According to Wikipedia: Psychological projection or projection bias (including Freudian Projection)  is the unconscious act of denial of a person's own attributes,  thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world,  such as to the weather, a tool, or to other people. Thus, it involves  imagining or projecting that others have those feelings.

You're so full of hate and anger (as are many on the Right) that you are projecting it onto others. Look at your posts, the anger, the hatred towards people that are different than you, and reflect on it for awhile. Seriously.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 11:29PM #65
arielg

\I think bullshit liberal white bullying is more of a problem in society than people taking an issue with a mosque being built within a stone's throw of Ground Zero.

What the hell does it matter how far the mosque is from ground zero? 

Ground zero was created by terrorists.  They are not the ones attempting to build the mosque or center.

Why do you people keep insisting in putting them together?  That is why this has become such a stupid problem.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 11:36PM #66
rabello

Aug 17, 2010 -- 11:29PM, arielg wrote:

\I think bullshit liberal white bullying is more of a problem in society than people taking an issue with a mosque being built within a stone's throw of Ground Zero.

What the hell does it matter how far the mosque is from ground zero? 

Ground zero was created by terrorists.  They are not the ones attempting to build the mosque or center.

Why do you people keep insisting in putting them together?  That is why this has become such a stupid problem.

The funniest part is that "Ground Zero," itself, is going to be topped with another with a monument to mulitnational corporate wheeling and dealing, on behalf of the world's millionaires and billionaires, and will be surrounded by commercial interests, some of them of a more purient interest, at that.  

I think probably most people who don't really know how far they think far away enough is would probably come up with Riker's Island if they were forced to bring their arguments to a logical conclusion and say, exactly, where Muslims should be allowed to build a business interest in America.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2010 - 8:57AM #67
Ebon

I think bullshit liberal white bullying is more of a problem in society than people taking an issue with a mosque being built within a stone's throw of Ground Zero

If you can throw a stone a quarter of a mile, the Yankees would like to sign you.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 4:52PM #68
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook