Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Apocalyptic Café
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 8:08PM #1
Marysara722

Welcome to our "New" Community "Socializing" Thread.

It’s now the new home of the Apocalyptic Café.

Where the coffee is always hot & delicious in the AM for those who are early risers or those night birds who need a cup-a-joe to keep their eyelids open while reading threads or posting posts. Naturally there’s assorted teas for any tea totalers [or any English guests too. :)]

The donuts are always fresh and imported from Dunkin Donuts on a daily basis.
There’s a brunch menu for those in-betweeners and a late night snack basket for a quick pick-me-up as the day draws to a close.

The point of this thread is to help create & foster a sense of "community" and good "fellowship" among not only the A&ET Board regulars, but all others too who decide to visit this board.

innerPoint and I realized that this board did not have a "social" thread like some of the other boards we both host around Bnet. For those who might not be aware of our "Social--Community" threads, these are threads where members can go to in order to chit-chat with other members about anything other then what the Board’s Topic of Choice happens to be.
Think of this thread as a neighborhood park where one can go to relax, sit back, and enjoy the sun, fun, music & pleasant atmosphere among your neighbors.

We also noted that some of you already foster some "community fellowship" on various threads which is good to see –especially when debates can get very heated. The only problem here is that those chit-chat posts in the middle of a thread can be distracting to the present ongoing debate. Unfortunately and technically, such posts should be removed for being off-topic, and we do hate having to remove those posts. Had there already been one of these community threads here on the A&ET Board, then any social posts could would have been moved to a thread like this.

But now we have a thread for that very purpose!
So once again.

Welcome to the Apocalyptic Café!

Of course there’s just one little teeny-weeny catch.
Well you knew there would be a catch didn’t you?
Lol, no it’s not that bad of a catch. Well make that two catches really.

One is that the basic Bnet ROCs still apply at all times when posting to this thread.
And the other is the real big one though and we do hope it won’t be that hard for some. :)

That there is to be NO talk, debates, discussion or dialogue about anything pertaining to anything related to the A&ET topic.
The A&ET topic IS OFF LIMITS to this social--community based thread.
IOW, this thread is strictly for off-topic socializing. 
(If any such posts are posted, then expect such posts to be either automatically removed without explanation or depending on the content of a post, it may well be turned into a new thread.)

So that’s it folks!!! Have at it. The first pot of coffee brewing as I type.

Enjoy letting your hair down for a bit, and enjoy NOT discussing any A&ET theory(ies) for a change of pace. :)

Regards from, 
innerPoint & MSara  Cool  Kiss                          
Bnet Community Hosts                                         
A&ET Board Hosts

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 8:11PM #2
Marysara722

Coffee is ready & hot!

Enjoy!

:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 8:21PM #3
mainecaptain

That is so pretty MarysaraSmile

And I would love some coffee

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 11:21PM #4
Marysara722

Aug 6, 2010 -- 8:21PM, mainecaptain wrote:

That is so pretty Marysara

Thank you Maine!  It's the valance part of my daughter's kitchen curtains that I'm making for her. 
Lol, since it's my own photo, I didn't have to worry about any copyright on any clip-art image. :)

And here's you cupajoe comin' right up!

Decaf at this time?  Or good old regular?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 2:47AM #5
TPaine

Aug 6, 2010 -- 11:21PM, Marysara722 wrote:

Aug 6, 2010 -- 8:21PM, mainecaptain wrote:

That is so pretty Marysara

Thank you Maine!  It's the valance part of my daughter's kitchen curtains that I'm making for her. 
Lol, since it's my own photo, I didn't have to worry about any copyright on any clip-art image. :)

And here's you cupajoe comin' right up!

Decaf at this time?  Or good old regular?

Ummmmm. The coffee smells great and the donuts look tasty. Can my dog come in with me?

Snoopy

"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another, and he that has not a vote in the election of representatives is in this case." Thomas Paine:
Dissertation on First Principles of Government (July 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 12:05PM #6
allthegoodnamesweretaken

I'll take a cuppa....

And just half a deer carcass, I'm trying to watch how much I eat....

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 12:55PM #7
mainecaptain

Regular cuppa would be perfect, I do like a little cream Smile

And I love a fellow crafter, I enjoy sewing myself

And I see TPaine is showing off his cuddly critter again :P

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2010 - 6:41PM #8
hungrylittlemonster

Hi Everyone!

My Mac had a run in with a lightening bolt last week...

I got it limping along in "Zombie" mode till the replacement arrives...

(trying not to tax it too hard till i move my music and art libraries to the new one.)

I'll probably be up and running over the weekend.

keep the Joe and donuts going...   150 gigs of music to transfer is gonna take awhile!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2010 - 11:39AM #9
mainecaptain

Sorry about you computer. I am thinking good vibes to you getting all your files off safely.

Donuts and coffee will be waiting for you

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2010 - 12:19PM #10
allthegoodnamesweretaken

I keep even forgetting this thread is here. 

Hope your computer problems get fixed Hex. 

It's to hot now for any bear to dring coffee. Iced tea would be good though. 

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook