Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Switch to Forum Live View Church to burn Qu'rans on Sept. 11 anniversary
4 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2010 - 2:16AM #81
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2010 - 7:54AM #82
Dostojevsky

Surely Christians are not involved***

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2010 - 8:30AM #83
Ibn

Jul 29, 2010 -- 4:27PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

As I understand it, infidel would not refer to Jews and Christians, according to Islam. That term was used to describe the pagan Arabs who made war with Muhammed. Or, also, somebody who has deliberately apostated from Islam. Christians and Jews are called "The People of the Book."

IOW, trying to say that Muslims think of anybody who is not Muslim as an "infidel" is grossly incorrect.

I would also like to add, that from my POV, as a Baha'i, if you attack one of the Prophets/Holy Books, you attack them all. So, ironically -- though he might not be aware of it -- when this pastor attacks Muhammed and the Koran, he attacks Jesus and the Gospel. In spirit, they are one and the same.

A very good point!

The name Jesus is mentioned in the Qur'an in several places. There is also a whole chapter of the Qur'an called Mariam (Mary), mother of Jesus.

Frankly, burning the book called the Qur'an is wrongly assumed to be burning actual Qur'an. A book is merely paper and ink. The real Qur'an that is "recited" (the meanings of the word "Qur'an"), can't be burnt.

Further, there is no way any knowledgeable Muslim would burn any Gospel or the books of Old Testament. He would respect so much the sayings of Jesus and Moses in those books. 

I hope no Muslim would react to it as one book is a drop in the ocean. There are billions of the books in circulation each called the Qur'an.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2010 - 6:21PM #84
samuelbb7

Unfortunately Radical Muslims have changed the meaning of the word infidel in the Quran to mean anyone even other Muslims who do not agree with their hatred.  I listened to one of these men explain how it was okay to murder muslim children to kill Americans.

There are many Muslim people who while I disagree with are seriously trying to follow GOD. I do not have an argument with them and the ones I know we get along. There are some at my school who I have helped.

As Christians we know some who call themselves Christians do not follow the Bible. Instead they follow some cult leader like this man who wants to burn the Quran.  Or like that other groups who protest at Soldiers funerals.  Both are cut from the same cloth as the Muslims they say they oppose.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook