4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 11:35AM #1
The42

I am 16 years old and I belong to a devout Christian family. However, I have never liked the idea of Christianity (and this stems from my toddler years -- true story). I want to change my religion, but there are two problems. First, my family's acceptance and second, I can't find a religion that suits me. I have taken the Belief-O-Matic multiple times and all the results don't seem "right."

My thoughts on religion:

+ There is a deity, perhaps more than one.

+ Jesus, Allah, Krishna, Athena, ect. are all different names for the same deity.

+ Heaven is a place where everything originated and everyone can go to -- if they want.

+ Hell is a place where one chooses to go. The Devil exists and he is like the Yang to God's Yin. His purpose isn't to eternally condemn people. What he does is tempt people with greed, lust, anger, and other negativity to test their spirit and to make them stronger. Similarly, a person can go to Hell, spend some time there, and then go to Heaven if they rid themselves of their wants.

+ Ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons all exist and all are capable of interacting with the living.

+ When you die, you spend some time in the Afterlife before getting reincarnated

+ Love is love. Pure and simple. It doesn't matter who you love, what race, religion, gender, or age they are.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 12:51PM #2
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Jun 11, 2010 -- 11:35AM, The42 wrote:

I am 16 years old and I belong to a devout Christian family. However, I have never liked the idea of Christianity (and this stems from my toddler years -- true story). I want to change my religion, but there are two problems. First, my family's acceptance and second, I can't find a religion that suits me. I have taken the Belief-O-Matic multiple times and all the results don't seem "right."

My thoughts on religion:

+ There is a deity, perhaps more than one.

+ Jesus, Allah, Krishna, Athena, ect. are all different names for the same deity.

+ Heaven is a place where everything originated and everyone can go to -- if they want.

+ Hell is a place where one chooses to go. The Devil exists and he is like the Yang to God's Yin. His purpose isn't to eternally condemn people. What he does is tempt people with greed, lust, anger, and other negativity to test their spirit and to make them stronger. Similarly, a person can go to Hell, spend some time there, and then go to Heaven if they rid themselves of their wants.

+ Ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons all exist and all are capable of interacting with the living.

+ When you die, you spend some time in the Afterlife before getting reincarnated

+ Love is love. Pure and simple. It doesn't matter who you love, what race, religion, gender, or age they are.

Don't lock yourself into anything when you are just 16.  Go and learn and explore. 

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook