Switch to Forum Live View why i like being a skeptic in religion but a believer in a God.
4 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2010 - 8:23PM #1
Godgirl

This is why i like being a skeptic in religion (christianity mostly) but a believer in GOD. Well let me first start with this....Someone tryed to do a faith healing on me 3 years ago. My health got worse from it. They used verses like "if you say to a mountain move into the sea it will" and if you believe then GOd will heal you just wait and he will. Like a believing moron i waited and nothing happend i just GOt Worse. This and all the nonesense in the bible is why i am a skeptic. However I do believe in GOd. I pray to him. I have believed in God even as a young child. But i dont nessesarily believe that GOD IS very involved in this world. But i do belive you can know GOD. God=love. I dont believe Hati disaster had anything to do with GOD. and when bad things happen i dont blame GOD at all. I dont know if i believe this but the JWs believe that satan rules the world and all things bad happen because of satan. I AM more apt to believe this then believing that GOd punishes. But i dont believe that GOd makes good things happen either. Because that would mean GOd loves some people more than others since good things happen more to some people than others. I believe GOd loves me but he is a still force. He doesnt interact much. I do pray to him for sleep but it is a superstitious kind of prayer a just in case. Deep down i know my prayer has nothing to do with wheter i sleep or not but i find confort in praying to GOd. But i remain a skeptic and i like the fact that i dont have to believe in rediculous things in the bible (Johna being swallowed by a whale for instance) the bodily reserection, the second comming of Christ the litteral creation of adam and eve from dust. So point in blank i have best of both worlds. I am conforted in knowing that there is a GOd but i dont have to buy into stuff that is too of the wall. And I dont have to screw over my health agian waiting for some miracle to happen a faith healing that is never going to happen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2010 - 8:29PM #2
Godgirl

I guess one could say i am a deist but please i perfer being called a skeptic since i dont believe in the litteral adam and eve story. I dont believe in creationism i believe that things started from simple cells and evolved to multicelled. I finaly discovered what i am and i perfer being called a skeptic. Though maybe later on i will adopt the term deist but for now i am  a skeptic. so please call me that. thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2010 - 11:51AM #3
Redfrog777

Interesting, Godgirl........

Good for you, run with that and see where it takes you. Skeptic it is then, takes courage to own what you feel and know is in your heart and not to simply accept another's truth as your own. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2010 - 1:26PM #4
mainecaptain

Good for you Godgirl, I wish you much happiness and enjoyment on your journey. I mean that sincerely.Smile

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook