Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Tiger Wood needs Jesus!!!
5 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2010 - 11:24PM #1
CommieJesus

Brit Hume telling Tiger Woods to convert to Christianity and all his sponsors will return, oh yes!!!

Hume, noting that Woods is a Buddhist, went on to say that he didn't think Woods' Buddhist faith could offer the "forgiveness and redemption" he needs to recover as a person.

What do the Dalai Llama and Tiger Woods have in common? Both are heavy hitters......

blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/archives/1...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 8:36AM #2
Iwantamotto

LOL.  Wouldn't Buddhism just tell him he got in trouble for being too "attached" to women and he should remember that non-attachment is the key to avoid suffering?  Brit thinks ONLY Christianity has an opinion on such a matter?

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 9:38AM #3
peterthesplitfish

His father and mother should have given him the same advice I've given my son. If you keep your pants zipped up, then it can't get you in trouble. By the way, Tiger's dad was a player from what I've heard.

Peter M.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 10:18AM #4
Redfrog777

"If you keep your pants zipped up, then it can't get you in trouble." and where the hells the fun in that? LOL!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 11:05AM #5
mainecaptain

Brit Hume, has been affect adversely by faux news. Tiger Woods does not need any Jesus.

Tiger Woods needs therapy. Anyone who works that hard at destroying a relationship has real psychological problems. No religion is going to help that. Forgivness is something he needs from those persons he has hurt and them after that he needs to forgive himself.

Christianity can only damage him further, because most (Not all) but most Christian teaching just cause more guilt. Which will cause him to have worse psychological problems.

To hear Brit Hume, the real problem is he is not a Christian, as if no Christian would have done such a thing.

I would say more, but wouuld not wish to offend the really nice Christians I know.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 6:45PM #6
TPaine

Jan 5, 2010 -- 11:05AM, mainecaptain wrote:

Brit Hume, has been affect adversely by faux news. Tiger Woods does not need any Jesus.

Tiger Woods needs therapy. Anyone who works that hard at destroying a relationship has real psychological problems. No religion is going to help that. Forgivness is something he needs from those persons he has hurt and them after that he needs to forgive himself.

Christianity can only damage him further, because most (Not all) but most Christian teaching just cause more guilt. Which will cause him to have worse psychological problems.

To hear Brit Hume, the real problem is he is not a Christian, as if no Christian would have done such a thing.

I would say more, but wouuld not wish to offend the really nice Christians I know.

I feel the same way you do, Cap. I just want to emphasize that anyone that believes that Faux News is engaged in objective news reporting should stop smoking those funny skinny cigarettes at once.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2010 - 1:43AM #7
Redfrog777

Hey now Thomas, George Washington smoked those funny little skinny cigarettes! BTW, they ain't so skinny anymore!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2010 - 12:18PM #8
TPaine

Jan 6, 2010 -- 1:43AM, Redfrog777 wrote:

Hey now Thomas, George Washington smoked those funny little skinny cigarettes! BTW, they ain't so skinny anymore!

I knew that, Frog. Who do you think it was that sat next to him under that cherry tree? BTW, back in those days we used a bowl, there were no decent papers. I'll always remember the day he got so hammered he got an axe and chopped down the damn thing then tried the mea culpa thing on his dad. He still got his ass whipped for doing it.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2010 - 2:18PM #9
langzaam

From what I just read, Tiger wished he could get his front teeth back.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2010 - 3:49PM #10
TPaine

Jan 6, 2010 -- 2:18PM, langzaam wrote:

From what I just read, Tiger wished he could get his front teeth back.

I haven't read anything yet. Does that mean that Elin is as accurate with a 9 iron as he is?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook