Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View When you're ready to hear about Ghandi, then maybe I'll listen to you about your lord and master....
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 12:55PM #21
TPaine

Apr 11, 2011 -- 9:37PM, Anaxha wrote:

The scientific method has little or nothing to do with finding what one perceives as spiritual truth, or answers to questions one has.

Some need eternity.

Some accept the finite.

Some need rules.

Some need only guidance.

Some seek independence with aid from the divine.

Some would prefer to have a shepherd.

It is not for one person or one group or sect to decide which is best for a single person; not all paths are.

Your last sentence is what I've been trying to say all along. Far too many self-proclaimed Christians knock on my door, try to hand me tracts in malls and other public places in an attempt to convince me that if I don't believe what they believe I will suffer eternal torment. While they have every right to believe that, I don't and I get very tired of the continual proselytizing. I do not try to convert others to my beliefs and would appreciate it if others could at least pretend to accept my right to believe as I do.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook