Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View fundies spouting religous lies!!
4 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2009 - 9:25PM #1
Ethanol_emillee

first off, nice, tolerant christians, do not get angry at me for posting this. i'm just calling it as i see it.

i found this website while looking for information on voodoo. it made me very angry.

www.allabouttheoccult.org/

why? because this is a group of christian fundalmentalists pretending they know what they're talking about, brainwashing the masses into believing the occult is something evil and something to be feared.

pay special attention to the section about "Satan worship" because while i do not practice this religion, i am informed and everything they say are lies.

please tell me i am justified by my anger?

it is right for me to wish people like that should not be allowed to speak? they preach about a loving god and then use the bible to condemn all other religions.

people with closed minds should come with closed mouths.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2009 - 9:40PM #2
gorm-sionnach

Unfortunately from their religious perspective, everything which is not in agreement with their scriptures is by default, evil, wheather tacitly or overtly.

Best just to ignore it, and deal with it when it is trying to be passed off as being based on facts, and not fundamentalist blather.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 7:51AM #3
Tmarie64

Why should they keep their mouths closed?  Because YOU don't like what they say? While I find them all to be stupid fools, I don't advocate making them shut up simply because THEY don't believe as I do. How are YOU any better than them if you want them to sit back and shut up?

As I said, I think they are stupid fools.  But anyone saying "Shut up because you offend me" is not much smarter.

As Gorm said... Ignore it.  Move on.

By posting that link you are ENCOURAGING people to go to their site.  By going to the site the "Hit Count" goes up.  You DO realize that more hits is seen as success...Right?  You are helping them by directing traffic, using this site as a billboard for them.

p.s.  I am happily saying that I did not click the link because, as I have said already, I think they are stupid fools and will not waste my time or give their site more traffic.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 4:49PM #4
Ethanol_emillee

Oct 22, 2009 -- 7:51AM, Tmarie64 wrote:

Why should they keep their mouths closed?  Because YOU don't like what they say? While I find them all to be stupid fools, I don't advocate making them shut up simply because THEY don't believe as I do. How are YOU any better than them if you want them to sit back and shut up?

As I said, I think they are stupid fools.  But anyone saying "Shut up because you offend me" is not much smarter.

As Gorm said... Ignore it.  Move on.

By posting that link you are ENCOURAGING people to go to their site.  By going to the site the "Hit Count" goes up.  You DO realize that more hits is seen as success...Right?  You are helping them by directing traffic, using this site as a billboard for them.

p.s.  I am happily saying that I did not click the link because, as I have said already, I think they are stupid fools and will not waste my time or give their site more traffic.

i know they have a right to express their beliefs and all that.

i'm only saying that it makes me angry that they say these things when obviously they have not done any research and have no real proof to back it up.

i would have no problem with them if they researched these topics, provided an accurate depiction, and then stated why their beliefs were more "correct" or whatever. everyone has the right to express themselves and i can't and won't take that away from them.

their cluelessness just makes me angry is all and i thought i would share that - to see if any body else felt the same way as i did.

no big deal right?

and don't freak out about traffic. i just wanted to show people what they were talking about. if you want to petition them, thats fine with me.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 8:53PM #5
Confusedman

That site makes me laugh.  Enjoyed the part about "Satan and his demons giving harmful advice through the oujia board.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2009 - 3:51PM #6
Reformationnow

Dear Ethanol:

I agree with you, and I would not follow the advice of those who say we should just ignore religious bigots and hypocrites who spout lies, falsehoods and myths.

It is one thing to be tolerant and respectful of people of all true faiths, but it is quite another thing when we are confronted by bigots and hypocrites who distort their religion and use it to justify their hate and condemnation of other faiths.

Good Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and people of other faiths in America DID ignore the so-called "Christian Right" since they rose to political power supporting Ronald Reagan. Good people ignored the religious bigotry, hypocrisy and aggression of the Christian Right, and look what happened.

During the last 30 years they gained political power, from local school boards to state legistlatures to the U.S. Congress and twice to the Presidency. And it has gotten so bad that being a Christian was a litmus test for being a presidential candidate in 2008.

As Joseph J. Adamson has pointed out, that is in direct violation of the intent of the founding fathers. As Adamson has pointed out in his article on Little Known American History, the founding fathers wanted not only to establish freedom of religion, but also freedom FROM religious bigotry and theocratic imposition. After all, most of the founding fathers were Deists and Freemasons who respected all religions and understood the eternal, universal truths that are common to all.

In his article on Christians Divided Adamson also explains how and why some Christians have been misguided by the false doctrine of preeminence and superiority that has caused great conflict, division, and atrocities, especially during the last sixteen centuries, and particularly during the last 30 years.

Now it is time for the Spirit of truth to issue True Judgment and set things straight.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2009 - 8:34AM #7
Tmarie64

Oct 22, 2009 -- 8:53PM, Confusedman wrote:

That site makes me laugh.  Enjoyed the part about "Satan and his demons giving harmful advice through the oujia board.

I'm sure they are EVER so grateful for your traffic to their site.  Whether you agree or not, THEY will see it as a victory.  Every hit they get is points for them, as far as they are concerned.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2009 - 8:37AM #8
Tmarie64
Who are they "confronting"?  The ONLY people who have hit their site, so far, are you.

The way to defeat the extremists is not sit HERE on b'net and cry, "Boohoo, they are giving wrong information"... the way to defeat them is to GET THE RIGHT INFORMATION OUT THERE. 

Do you REALLY think everyone who needs to be told they are liars will see your laments here?  Even facebook or myspace would be a better venue than b'net.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2009 - 1:45PM #9
faith713

I clicked on the website.

From the website:

"What do you think? 

We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.

What is your response?"

I can only testify in my own life about the power of trusting in Jesus alone.

I know that I have sinned in my life and rightfully deserve God's Judgment of the second death.

I'm glad God loved me and everyone else enough to cover our sins by coming to earth as Jesus to die for us so we can live with Him forever.

The warnings about trusting in other things besides God are done so in a spirit of caring.

So, if you do not agree then as other posters pointed out, you are free to ignore it.

( p.s.--you look alot like my daughter who I love dearly and am praying for. )

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2009 - 6:12PM #10
TPaine

Reformationnow is correct. The Founding Fathers set up this country as a secular nation. People had the freedom to express their religious beliefs in the court of public opinion, but the government was prohibited from favoring one religion over another. However, the Religious Right, with the help of Christian law firms such as the American Center for Law and Justice, the Alliance Defence Fund, and Liberty Council are trying to exploit loopholes and establish a Christian theocracy. The method now is to institute the Bible as Literature or History classes in public schools, then use such courses to proselytize. Since SCOTUS at this point happens to be controlled by conservatives, they're having some success. American's Unites for Separation of Church and State points this out in an article titles Prayer and Preaching in Public Schools.

www.au.org/media/church-and-state/archiv...

What did our Founders have to say about this? James Madison has been called the Father of the Constitution. He was the person who wrote the First Amendment. It's not hard to find his opinion.

"Experience witnesseth that eccelsiastical establishments, instead of maintaining the purity and efficacy of Religion, have had a contrary operation. During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution." -- James Madison, A Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments, addressed to the Virginia General Assembly, June 20, 1785

"Veto message, Feb 28, 1811, by . To the House of Representatives of the United States: Having examined and considered the bill entitled "An Act for the relief of Richard Trevin, William Coleman, Edwin Lewis, Samuel Mims, Joseph Wilson, and the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House, in the Mississippi Territory," I now return the same to the House of Representatives, in which it originated, with the following objection:

"Because the bill in reserving a certain parcel of land of the United States for the use of said Baptist Church comprises a principle and precedent for the appropriation of funds of the United States for the use and support of religious societies, contrary to the article of the Constitution which declares the 'Congress shall make no law respecting a religious establishment" ... James Madison (Veto message, Feb 28, 1811)

"The experience of the United States is a happy disproof of the error so long rooted in the unenlightened minds of well-meaning Christians, as well as in the corrupt hearts of persecuting usurpers, that without a legal incorporation of religious and civil polity, neither could be supported. A mutual independence is found most friendly to practical Religion, to social harmony, and to political prosperity" ... James Madison (Letter to F.L. Schaeffer, Dec 3, 1821)

"The civil Government, though bereft of everything like an associated hierarchy, possesses the requisite stability, and performs its functions with complete success, whilst the number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people, have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the church from the State" ... James Madison (Letter to Robert Walsh, Mar. 2, 1819).

"Strongly guarded as is the separation between religion and & Gov't in the Constitution of the United States the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history" ... James Madison (Detached Memoranda, circa 1820)

Is that enough or is more evidence needed to show that James Madison believed in Separation of Church and State, or as Thomas Jefferson put it, the Wall of Separation? I'll put it this way to the fundies, including the ones that violate the ROC by proselytizing in these forums, believe whatever you want, but don't teach it in my granddaughter's public school classroom. Teaching her religion is the job of her family, not the damn government school. If any Christians disagree, let us know how you would like it if your school board was dominated by Muslims and they required the schools to teach the Qur'an and Sharia Law.

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook