Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View fundies spouting religous lies!!
5 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2009 - 12:51PM #11
Reformationnow

Nov 5, 2009 -- 6:12PM, TPaine wrote:

Reformationnowis correct.

Thanks, Tpaine. And thanks for the quotes.

In Little Know American History, Joseph J. Adamson also quotes Madison, as well as Jefferson, Paine, Franklin, Adams and other founding fathers whose INTENT was to establish a solid wall of separation between church and state.

Unfortunately, that wall has been breached many times in U.S. history, and it was practically torn down completely in 2008 when being a Christian became a litmus test for being a presidential candidate.

Adamson turns the tables on religious bigots and hypocrites, by quoting scriptures and by quoting the founding fathers. That is what is needed now, because only truth will overcome the falsehoods that have created so much conflict and division.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2009 - 6:11PM #12
Ethanol_emillee

Oct 31, 2009 -- 8:34AM, Tmarie64 wrote:

Oct 22, 2009 -- 8:53PM, Confusedman wrote:

That site makes me laugh.  Enjoyed the part about "Satan and his demons giving harmful advice through the oujia board.

I'm sure they are EVER so grateful for your traffic to their site.  Whether you agree or not, THEY will see it as a victory.  Every hit they get is points for them, as far as they are concerned.

Oct 31, 2009 -- 8:37AM, Tmarie64 wrote:

Who are they "confronting"?  The ONLY people who have hit their site, so far, are you.   The way to defeat the extremists is not sit HERE on b'net and cry, "Boohoo, they are giving wrong information"... the way to defeat them is to GET THE RIGHT INFORMATION OUT THERE.    Do you REALLY think everyone who needs to be told they are liars will see your laments here?  Even facebook or myspace would be a better venue than b'net.

yes. thank you.

i am well aware of your opinion now.

okay so....this post is deteriorating quickly.

i dont even know what to say anymore.

yay for people who agree with me.

if you don't, oh well.

fundies are stupid.

repspect all religions.

that was the whole point of this post.

be respectful.

and now that thats settled...

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 8:28PM #13
Reformationnow

Nov 14, 2009 -- 6:11PM, Ethanol_emillee wrote:

I dont even know what to say anymore.

Don't be discouraged. Most of the people on this forum favor religious tolerance, and most of us are against religious bigotry and intolerance. That's what this forum is about.

What we need to do is serve the Spirit of truth, by whatever name, and regardless of religious affiliation. Any hypocrite can claim to be religious, as so many do these days. They wear their religion on their sleeve, and try to impose it on others.

But, we must the understand the true and original purpose of all religions. We must realize the universal truths at the core of all of them, and we must realize the universal divine imperative: treat all others as you would want to be treated if you were them.

Granted, it is important to expose lies and falsehoods, and the Spirit of truth does that also. But even more important is to realize and share the universal truths that show us how to live, how to treat one another, love one another, and share with one another.

That's what's important now. And you can be a part of the solution, as opposed to those who are part of the problem.

To be a bigger part of the solution, read What IS the World Coming To? Seriously. And spread the word.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook