Page 7 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Could The Antichrist Be A Christian Fundie?
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 7:28AM #61
Eagle-1

Mar 7, 2012 -- 8:01PM, wohali wrote:

"There's such dire consequences  if we  reject the One and Only real  God,"

Thanks for stopping by to preach to us....................

Ha ha,   I  for  one  was  talked  AT  a  lot, by my mother, being  the only  daughter,  my brother always out somewhere or sleeping.    I  probably  know  how  you  feel,   but  now  that  I  have children and grandchildren of my own,  and in fact, all  of  my  life,  I've  looked on the bright side, with  gratitude that we  are  "invited".  What if we never heard the gospel and ended up in some degree of  the eternal  city  dump?  Surely  it  wouldn't be the main part of it  (?) 

Why  take  a  chance,  by  rejecting  the  invitation?   What could it hurt, to just be on the safe side?   

I  wouldn't  insult  someone  dear  to  you,  unless  of  course  TPaine, who'll  understand, so please  don't  blaspheme  my  God  who's  given me  and  many  others  MIRACLES, and  it wouldn't  hurt  us  to  show  respect  by  captitolizing His  name, also.   After all He's done for us,  that's imo the least we can  do  for  HIm.  

People realized their need for a  Supreme -being  parent,  but  didn't  have any way of knowing about  Him,  reason  they  invented  the  other  "gods".    Maybe their parents preached obedience at them so much that they wanted to have someone higher than their parents?  Who knows?  

Just  last  night  I  was  watching some of the Trinity Broadcasting  "Praise-a-thon",  and marvelled at how young  Paul  Crouch still  looks, who  surely  hasn't  had  any  plastic surgery, because he's never  absent.    His  wife  Jan,   and   cheerful  preacher  Josel Osteen's  mother  were  both  healed  of  very  TERMINAL  cancer,  and  so  were  lots  of others.   Even  Benny Hinn, whose personality some of us women aren't  too  fond  of, has helped people get amazingly healed.  His wife finally divorced him, probably because of bidheadedness about authority and all  that.  But  that's none of our business, right?

If  you  don't  want  to  hear  me,  just  don't   reply.    I  don't  monitor  this  site,  so  busy trying  to  get  my  printers  to  work, having to read everything about them.  There  has  to be an Email notification to get me  back  here.  I'm  actually only  interested in  whether we have any suspects, for the final Antichrist who tries to change  laws and customs, even in religion, accuses and opposes  us,  claims  achievements are prideful and we shouldn't try to do our best, etc.   Why  would  I  keep after you about  your  salvation,  because  what's it to me?   It would be nice to see you there at our ideal ultimate destination, of course.  Wouldn't  it be fun to introduce  ourselves to each other  using  our  B'Net nicknames? Will we remember them?  I  don't  claim  to  know  such  details  we're  not  told.   I  do  hope to  see my  last  cat,  hope  pets  get  to  go  there.   It'll  have to be a big place.  A  new Heaven and a  New  Earth,  we're  told.   Why  not  invest  in  it  now   in   case   it's  all  true,  instead  of  getting  so  distracted  by  the  "gods"  people  invented, who never were real,  and  tragically  losing  your  way?    I'm  just  saying   DON'T  TAKE  SUCH  A  CHANCE.

So what if people used to invent  "gods"?   Didn't  they used to do a lot of things that we now  don't  see any sense  in  today?   They  didn't  have  appliances or cars or planes, not even running water or electricity,  were  primitive in every  way.   We've  seen  MIRACLES, and  that  our  nation, having been founded by Believers,  has  always  prospered  more than  other  nations of the world.   Right now  The Beast  is  here, and his partner the False Prophet, also a beast,  so usually they're spoken of as one person,  getting  some  whole denominations  to  disregard  parts  of  the  Bible,  not  just my own opinion  but  also announced  by  Conservative  websites.    We   need  to  read  it  or  at  least  skim  it,  especially  the  New Testament, to start with,  for  ourselves.   It's up to us  to  grab onto the  offered  lifeline  or  not.   The  Saved who  make  it  probably  will  not  be  able to remember those who didn't make it,  sorry to say,  else  it'd be a sad place, not joyful, right?  It'll  really  be  a  new  beginning?   We  aren't  really  told  those  details, just wondering  out  loud.  

I'm  just  saying  You're Invited  to  the  big  party,  which  will  be   better  than  anything you  can  imagine,   and  certainly   better  than   the   reject  pile.    (To put it bluntly.) 

Have a  good  weekend.   I  can't  spend the rest of my life in  argument with you.   Had  a  bit  of  a  problem with stubborness  myself when I was  two  ("The  Terrible  Two's" stage of development).   Do  we  cling  to  the  other  customs  of  the  idolaters,  or  do  we  make  progress and become more enlightened?   They  sometimes even  sacrificed their children.

Which was so  horrifying,  could  it  be  that  was  one  reason  He  sacrificed  Jesus, knowing  the idolators wouldn't sacrifice themselves  instead of their  children?   I  don't claim to know the mind of God, of course.   

He  really  did  suffer,  and  dread  what  He  knew  He  was going to have to go through.  There's  no  such  rule  as  "The  suffering has to be permanent".   If  He  hadn't  risen, even the  Disciples  wouldn't  have  continued to believe in Him, the whole  thing was so horrific.  Leaders of the Mosaic  religion  being  so  reluctant  to  adjust, that they framed and murdered  The Son of God.  

Remember, you've  been  preaching at  ME,  that  the  ignorant  ancients'  self-invented "gods"  are  just  as  good  as  the  real  God  who  made  us,  and  don't  even  mention  Evolution  to  me.    I  just  don't  have  the  time,  people.  I've told you.   Can't  you do your own  research on the pros and cons  better than  I'm  doing  it?    I'm not even  taking time to read all those replies  this  morning, may be onto something about  my  printer.  Thanks for them,  with love,  and happy hunting.    

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 10:29AM #62
gnosticlight

Mar 10, 2012 -- 7:28AM, Eagle-1 wrote:

Mar 7, 2012 -- 8:01PM, wohali wrote:

"There's such dire consequences  if we  reject the One and Only real  God,"

Thanks for stopping by to preach to us....................

Ha ha,   I  for  one  was  talked  AT  a  lot, by my mother, being  the only  daughter,  my brother always out somewhere or sleeping.    I  probably  know  how  you  feel,   but  now  that  I  have children and grandchildren of my own,  and in fact, all  of  my  life,  I've  looked on the bright side, with  gratitude that we  are  "invited".  What if we never heard the gospel and ended up in some degree of  the eternal  city  dump?  Surely  it  wouldn't be the main part of it  (?) 

Why  take  a  chance,  by  rejecting  the  invitation?   What could it hurt, to just be on the safe side?   

I  wouldn't  insult  someone  dear  to  you,  unless  of  course  TPaine, who'll  understand, so please  don't  blaspheme  my  God  who's  given me  and  many  others  MIRACLES, and  it wouldn't  hurt  us  to  show  respect  by  captitolizing His  name, also.   After all He's done for us,  that's imo the least we can  do  for  HIm.  

People realized their need for a  Supreme -being  parent,  but  didn't  have any way of knowing about  Him,  reason  they  invented  the  other  "gods".    Maybe their parents preached obedience at them so much that they wanted to have someone higher than their parents?  Who knows?  

Just  last  night  I  was  watching some of the Trinity Broadcasting  "Praise-a-thon",  and marvelled at how young  Paul  Crouch still  looks, who  surely  hasn't  had  any  plastic surgery, because he's never  absent.    His  wife  Jan,   and   cheerful  preacher  Josel Osteen's  mother  were  both  healed  of  very  TERMINAL  cancer,  and  so  were  lots  of others.   Even  Benny Hinn, whose personality some of us women aren't  too  fond  of, has helped people get amazingly healed.  His wife finally divorced him, probably because of bidheadedness about authority and all  that.  But  that's none of our business, right?

If  you  don't  want  to  hear  me,  just  don't   reply.    I  don't  monitor  this  site,  so  busy trying  to  get  my  printers  to  work, having to read everything about them.  There  has  to be an Email notification to get me  back  here.  I'm  actually only  interested in  whether we have any suspects, for the final Antichrist who tries to change  laws and customs, even in religion, accuses and opposes  us,  claims  achievements are prideful and we shouldn't try to do our best, etc.   Why  would  I  keep after you about  your  salvation,  because  what's it to me?   It would be nice to see you there at our ideal ultimate destination, of course.  Wouldn't  it be fun to introduce  ourselves to each other  using  our  B'Net nicknames? Will we remember them?  I  don't  claim  to  know  such  details  we're  not  told.   I  do  hope to  see my  last  cat,  hope  pets  get  to  go  there.   It'll  have to be a big place.  A  new Heaven and a  New  Earth,  we're  told.   Why  not  invest  in  it  now   in   case   it's  all  true,  instead  of  getting  so  distracted  by  the  "gods"  people  invented, who never were real,  and  tragically  losing  your  way?    I'm  just  saying   DON'T  TAKE  SUCH  A  CHANCE.

So what if people used to invent  "gods"?   Didn't  they used to do a lot of things that we now  don't  see any sense  in  today?   They  didn't  have  appliances or cars or planes, not even running water or electricity,  were  primitive in every  way.   We've  seen  MIRACLES, and  that  our  nation, having been founded by Believers,  has  always  prospered  more than  other  nations of the world.   Right now  The Beast  is  here, and his partner the False Prophet, also a beast,  so usually they're spoken of as one person,  getting  some  whole denominations  to  disregard  parts  of  the  Bible,  not  just my own opinion  but  also announced  by  Conservative  websites.    We   need  to  read  it  or  at  least  skim  it,  especially  the  New Testament, to start with,  for  ourselves.   It's up to us  to  grab onto the  offered  lifeline  or  not.   The  Saved who  make  it  probably  will  not  be  able to remember those who didn't make it,  sorry to say,  else  it'd be a sad place, not joyful, right?  It'll  really  be  a  new  beginning?   We  aren't  really  told  those  details, just wondering  out  loud.  

I'm  just  saying  You're Invited  to  the  big  party,  which  will  be   better  than  anything you  can  imagine,   and  certainly   better  than   the   reject  pile.    (To put it bluntly.) 

Have a  good  weekend.   I  can't  spend the rest of my life in  argument with you.   Had  a  bit  of  a  problem with stubborness  myself when I was  two  ("The  Terrible  Two's" stage of development).   Do  we  cling  to  the  other  customs  of  the  idolaters,  or  do  we  make  progress and become more enlightened?   They  sometimes even  sacrificed their children.

Which was so  horrifying,  could  it  be  that  was  one  reason  He  sacrificed  Jesus, knowing  the idolators wouldn't sacrifice themselves  instead of their  children?   I  don't claim to know the mind of God, of course.   

He  really  did  suffer,  and  dread  what  He  knew  He  was going to have to go through.  There's  no  such  rule  as  "The  suffering has to be permanent".   If  He  hadn't  risen, even the  Disciples  wouldn't  have  continued to believe in Him, the whole  thing was so horrific.  Leaders of the Mosaic  religion  being  so  reluctant  to  adjust, that they framed and murdered  The Son of God.  

Remember, you've  been  preaching at  ME,  that  the  ignorant  ancients'  self-invented "gods"  are  just  as  good  as  the  real  God  who  made  us,  and  don't  even  mention  Evolution  to  me.    I  just  don't  have  the  time,  people.  I've told you.   Can't  you do your own  research on the pros and cons  better than  I'm  doing  it?    I'm not even  taking time to read all those replies  this  morning, may be onto something about  my  printer.  Thanks for them,  with love,  and happy hunting.    

You demand tolerance and in the same breath spout bigotry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 10:44AM #63
Ken

Can't  you do your own  research on the pros and cons  better than  I'm  doing  it?  

Yes, and I already have. There's really nothing to be said in favor of your position. Even if one posits the existence of God (which I don't) your account of his behavior doesn't make a lick of sense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 6:12PM #64
TPaine

What if we accepted the wrong invitation and wound up in the eternal city dump? Should we put all our eggs in one basket?

I wouldn't  insult  someone  dear  to  you,  unless  of  course  TPaine, who'll  understand, so please  don't  blaspheme  my  God  who's  given me  and  many  others  MIRACLES, and  it wouldn't  hurt  us  to  show  respect  by  captitolizing His  name, also.   After all He's done for us,  that's imo the least we can  do  for  HIm.

I have never blasphemed any God. I have criticized the Bible because I don't believe it is the Word of God. In fact I believe that its description of God is blasphemous.

In your last paragraph you asked us not to blaspheme your God, and in the very next paragraph you blaspheme the God(s) of Goddess(es) the other posters here by saying they are human inventions.

I'm not a fan of Paul Crouch Sr., Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn, or other televangelists because they are multi-millionaires who take the money contributed by their followers, some who are so poor they are eating cat food to save a few cents, and use that money to build huge homes and buy expensive cars and other products. Evidently they don't accept in what Jesus of Nazareth said in Matthew 19:16-26, Mark 10:17-27, and Luke 18:18-27.

One thing we have in common, Eagle, is we both seem to be having printer problems at the same time. I enjoy the discussions in this forum because it gives us a chance to present our opinions. Laws, religious or secular have all been changed over time. They have to adapt to the cultural, political, and societal conditions of the times. These changes have existed since the beginning of civilization, long before the Christian religion existed. Personally, I believe in a Creator (First Cause) but see him/her far differently than the deity described in the Bible.

Christianity existed for over 1000 years before people had appliances, cars, planes, or electricity but the Pagan Romans did have running water. The people who started Christianity were primitive enough to belove that the Earth was flat and was the center of the universe. The American Founding Fathers were men who had various religious beliefs. Some were Christians, some were Unitarians, some were Deists, and some were Atheists. They were smart enough to create a secular republic that neither supported or prohibited religious beliefs. I have read and studied the Bible and other religions for over 50 years, so I believe I am qualified to discuss it. It's important to for us to grab the right lifeline, but each individual has to make their own decision about which one is the right one to grab.

I've never found anyone who could prove that his or her religious beliefs were the only correct ones. Maybe they all are. It's not impossible that there are many paths to the same place.

The definition of idol is:

idol -- noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible .
    a. an image of a deity other than God.
    b. the deity itself.
3. any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion: Madame Curie had been her childhood idol.
4. a mere image or semblance of something, visible but without substance, as a phantom.
5. a figment of the mind; fantasy.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2012.

By that definition the Bible itself could be considered an idol, and people could unknowingly be worshiping it rather than God.

IMO, A omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omni-benevolent God would not require a blood sacrifice for the salvation of his/her creations.

Jesus was executed by Rome because they considered his popularity to be a threat to lead a revolt against them because it had happened many times before. Why should the Jewish people have to "adjust" to accept someone as the Messiah who according to their holy books did not meet the qualifications the prophets predicted the Messiah would have. Link

More blasphemy, Eagle? This is a multi-faith forum that has people of various belief system (or no belief system) read and post in. If you want people to believe as you do, present some actual proof that you are right. I've asked hundreds of Christians to do so and have yet to have anyone present it. You may want to stop and think that all believers in God actually worship the same God in different ways based of different holy books. I respect your right to hold the beliefs you do and I'm sorry you seemingly refuse to respect mine.

"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another, and he that has not a vote in the election of representatives is in this case." Thomas Paine:
Dissertation on First Principles of Government (July 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 6:25PM #65
mainecaptain

I wouldn't  insult  someone  dear  to  you,  unless  of  course  TPaine, who'll  understand, so please  don't  blaspheme  my  God  who's  given me  and  many  others  MIRACLES, and  it wouldn't  hurt  us  to  show  respect  by  captitolizing His  name, also.   After all He's done for us,  that's imo the least we can  do  for  HIm.

First of all the word "god" is not a name, it is a job description. I do not capitalise job descriptions. Do you know the name of your god? I will gladly capitalise your gods name, if you give it. I have never blasphemed your god or any other god.

My gods are not Invented, they are gods. How insulting of you. You speak of miracles, I have experienced many miraculous experiences. None from your god, but from mine gods.

My gods do not require anyone to grovel at their feet. They do not ask for "Praise a thons" They love me and support me without making me feel inferior.

I have no problem if that gives you spiritual fulfilment, but do not assume others require the same.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 6:35PM #66
TPaine

Mar 10, 2012 -- 6:25PM, mainecaptain wrote:

First of all the word "god" is not a name, it is a job description. I do not capitalise job descriptions. Do you know the name of your god? I will gladly capitalise your gods name, if you give it. I have never blasphemed your god or any other god.

My gods are not Invented, they are gods. How insulting of you. You speak of miracles, I have experienced many miraculous experiences. None from your god, but from mine gods.

My gods do not require anyone to grovel at their feet. They do not ask for "Praise a thons" They love me and support me without making me feel inferior.

I have no problem if that gives you spiritual fulfilment, but do not assume others require the same.

+1

"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another, and he that has not a vote in the election of representatives is in this case." Thomas Paine:
Dissertation on First Principles of Government (July 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2012 - 4:06PM #67
wohali

Eagle1, I'm a traditional American Indian. The only thing that Christianity has offered us has been death and despair.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2012 - 4:08PM #68
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Mar 10, 2012 -- 6:25PM, mainecaptain wrote:

My thoughts too. 

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 11:20AM #69
NjoyAADAirbrush

Antichrist will claim to be Christ, as well as, the Iman or Caliphate, Buddha, Quezacotyl, Jewish Messiah, Baal, on and on, for he'll put claim to all gods as he fulfills all the above.

He will talk of peace and prosperity; he'll take away the daily oblation as Daniel reports, because the world will think he is the Coming One Promised.

Therefore, complete deception on every scale around the world, for the world will whore after him, as he heals the "deadly wound" of the One World Global System!

Get set for it!

Watch Jerusalem!

The Word of Almighty God, says so, and so shall it be!

The Word of God is AWESOME!

In Christ,

Nancy

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 3:59PM #70
Whisper01

Apr 6, 2012 -- 11:20AM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Antichrist will claim to be Christ, as well as, the Iman or Caliphate, Buddha, Quezacotyl, Jewish Messiah, Baal, on and on, for he'll put claim to all gods as he fulfills all the above.

He will talk of peace and prosperity; he'll take away the daily oblation as Daniel reports, because the world will think he is the Coming One Promised.

Therefore, complete deception on every scale around the world, for the world will whore after him, as he heals the "deadly wound" of the One World Global System!

Get set for it!

Watch Jerusalem!

The Word of Almighty God, says so, and so shall it be!

Or some far right/left field cultists says so anyway...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook