Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Could The Antichrist Be A Christian Fundie?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 6:17PM #71
TPaine

Apr 6, 2012 -- 11:20AM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Antichrist will claim to be Christ, as well as, the Iman or Caliphate, Buddha, Quezacotyl, Jewish Messiah, Baal, on and on, for he'll put claim to all gods as he fulfills all the above.

He will talk of peace and prosperity; he'll take away the daily oblation as Daniel reports, because the world will think he is the Coming One Promised.

Therefore, complete deception on every scale around the world, for the world will whore after him, as he heals the "deadly wound" of the One World Global System!

Get set for it!

Watch Jerusalem!

The Word of Almighty God, says so, and so shall it be!

The Word of God is AWESOME!

Not all religions believe in a returning God who will straighten out all the problems in the world. I certainly don't, so I doubt I'll be deceived by someone claiming to be something I don't believe in. The only ones who could be fooled are the onces who believe such a fantasy.

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 5:39PM #72
Wolfman

Oct 6, 2009 -- 11:08PM, Leliel wrote:

First off-I do not believe the End Times are coming, nor do I believe that they can be predicted-even the Bible says that no one can know when it comes, so I just live my life as I may, to the best of my abilities.

However, I am also interested in the occult and Fortean-to wit, I believe that ghosts and UFOs may have something to them-I occasionally read stories of the Apocalypse.

It was then that I realized something about the Christian one-a lot of the traits ascribed to the Antichrist (false savior, charismatic, egomaniacal, claims to have a direct line to God when in fact it's the Devil) can be said about certain fundamentalist Christians.

True, they themselves believe that they indeed speak to God-but who's to say that the Lightbringer (if he exists), finds the idea of perverting his eternal foe's worshippers into soldiers of hate and hubris amusing?

And despite what some may think, no, I believe hating people just on the basis of who they are genetically and ideologically-ie, homosexuals-without any merit other than personal dislike is always wrong and sinful, despite any religious justification one might have. Indeed, that makes it worse-the parable of the Pharisee and the Peasant, after all (I think that's what it's called-you know, the one where the Pharisee looks down on the dirty man for praying at the same time he does).

So, what do you think?

Some good thought provoking remarks. I agree that no one knows the end other than God.

Hate mongers always amaze me. Fact is there is more than one abomination.

The Bible needs to be read in its entirety and there are plenty of warnings about judging others but some so called believers judge anyway.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 3:07AM #73
Namchuck

Wolfman:

Some good thought provoking remarks. I agree that no one knows the end other than God.

And maybe, as one of the Veda's suggests, if he/she/it exists, knows not.

The Bible needs to be read in its entirety...

I have done that, and several times. Doing so convinced me that atheism was the right stance to adopt in regard to the biblical God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 9:29PM #74
G.flower

Yahweh is just one god of many. To me, the only difference between you one godders (otherwise known as monotheists) and atheists is they believe in one less god than you do. :)

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Feb 03, 2013 - 9:12PM #75
dadmann

Could The Antichrist Be A Christian Fundie?

There has never been .. and there never will be .. a more diabolical .. more deceitful ruler than the Antichrist . . . What do you need to know about this future world leader? .. When and how will he rise to power? .. Find out in John MacArthur’s study . . . The Man Who Would Be Christ

The Coming Man of Sin .. Part 1

II Thessalonians 2:01 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers,
02 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us,
saying that the day of the Lord has already come.
03 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed,
the man doomed to destruction.
04 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshipped,
so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
05 Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?
06 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time.
07 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.
08 And then the lawless one will be revealed,
whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendour of his coming.
09 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,
10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

I would think not

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Feb 03, 2013 - 10:32PM #76
G.flower

Feb 3, 2013 -- 9:12PM, dadmann wrote:

Could The Antichrist Be A Christian Fundie?

There has never been .. and there never will be .. a more diabolical .. more deceitful ruler than the Antichrist . . . What do you need to know about this future world leader? .. When and how will he rise to power? .. Find out in John MacArthur’s study . . . The Man Who Would Be Christ

The Coming Man of Sin .. Part 1

II Thessalonians 2:01 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers,
02 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us,
saying that the day of the Lord has already come.
03 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed,
the man doomed to destruction.
04 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshipped,
so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
05 Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?
06 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time.
07 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.
08 And then the lawless one will be revealed,
whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendour of his coming.
09 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,
10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

I would think not

Of course not. Like you said, it is a fairy tale.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook