Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 2:45PM #31
allthegoodnamesweretaken

I know, I just don't have the desire to do so with a person who continues to spew such hate filled drivel.  I respect you for it, but you know what they say about what happens when all diplomatic solutions are exhausted, right?

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 2:47PM #32
allthegoodnamesweretaken

No, it's not at all biblical.  I don't see how a person of reasonable intelligence could read the bible and get it at all.  Which leads me to believe that Nancy is either a)not of reasonable intelligence or b) that she is simply regurgitating the "thoughts" of other people. 

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 9:25PM #33
mainecaptain

Isn't regurgitating words of other people a form of worship? As in worshiping another human being? as in Idolatry ?

That actually seems to be the case. People like this worship their pastors and others who spew this hate. They do not follow the bible god or any other god, they do not follow Jesus.

They worship those human beings, whom they steal their words from. That I believe is

Idolatry

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 9:28PM #34
TPaine

Sep 2, 2009 -- 2:47PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

No, it's not at all biblical.  I don't see how a person of reasonable intelligence could read the bible and get it at all.  Which leads me to believe that Nancy is either a)not of reasonable intelligence or b) that she is simply regurgitating the "thoughts" of other people. 

all

I would vote for b) in this case. Usually members of a cult mindlessly accept and, as you say, regurgitate the bovine excrement they are told by the leader. I feel sorry for them in a way. Their fear of eternal damnation is so overpowering that they will drink the Kool Aid knowing there is cyanide in it if their version of Jim Jones tells them that the Kool Aid will give them eternal life.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 12:00PM #35
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Sep 2, 2009 -- 9:25PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Isn't regurgitating words of other people a form of worship? As in worshiping another human being? as in Idolatry ?

That actually seems to be the case. People like this worship their pastors and others who spew this hate. They do not follow the bible god or any other god, they do not follow Jesus.

They worship those human beings, whom they steal their words from. That I believe is

Idolatry

I think that the whole idea of Christianity is idolatry.

Sep 2, 2009 -- 9:28PM, TPaine wrote:

I would vote for b) in this case. Usually members of a cult mindlessly accept and, as you say, regurgitate the bovine excrement they are told by the leader. I feel sorry for them in a way. Their fear of eternal damnation is so overpowering that they will drink the Kool Aid knowing there is cyanide in it if their version of Jim Jones tells them that the Kool Aid will give them eternal life.

But to me that implies some a) as well, but it is probably more acquired than inherited.  

Which makes it more sad, in my opinion.

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 12:49PM #36
LeahOne

I dunno, guys - it (Nancy's spewage) bears no relationship to he thoughts, words or actions of the wonderful family which produced my dear husband.  So it's very difficult for me to think of that as 'Christianity'...maybe it's "Murrayism"?

((((((((((((((((((((ALL))))))))))))))))))))))), you wonderful dear BEAR, it's good to read your posts again : ))  I know, I should hie myself over to where you and (((((((((((((((Maine))))))))))))))) are mostly posting  anyway : ))

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 12:58PM #37
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Sep 3, 2009 -- 12:49PM, LeahOne wrote:

I dunno, guys - it (Nancy's spewage) bears no relationship to he thoughts, words or actions of the wonderful family which produced my dear husband.  So it's very difficult for me to think of that as 'Christianity'...maybe it's "Murrayism"?

((((((((((((((((((((ALL))))))))))))))))))))))), you wonderful dear BEAR, it's good to read your posts again : ))  I know, I should hie myself over to where you and (((((((((((((((Maine))))))))))))))) are mostly posting  anyway : ))

You have a point.  I don't know if we can actually consider Nancy a Christian.  That would probably be an insult to all the Christians that are good, decent people. 

Good to see you too!  You and TPaine motivate me to come back here sometimes.  I just can't let you guys go at it alone. 

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 3:33PM #38
mainecaptain

THat is why I come, I can not let Leah and TPaine be here alone. We all need back up from our friends Smile

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2009 - 10:02PM #39
NjoyAADAirbrush

Sep 2, 2009 -- 11:39AM, TPaine wrote:

Sep 1, 2009 -- 7:00PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

NjoyREPLY>>>>>>>>>>>My God is in control, and He is so great that He can allow His creation to live and choose freely, who they will love, worship, and serve, which is either Him or Satan, or even their own imaginary gods or goddesses !

God will not force anyone to worship or love Him......it is by freewill or forget it !

Therefore, whatever one decides here, that they can do. Yet, however they choose, just might result in something they will not enjoy after this life ! But that is of ones own choosing !

God approves of TRUTH, and I don't think He would like anyone calling His Word, "hate speech".....Kenites have the same opportunity as the rest of us, to choose Salvation through the Blood of Christ, or Blotting Out at the end of the Lord's Day.

That is not "hate speech" but a chance for "eternal Life", therefore, as Jesus basically says "Get a Life" or Perish !

I don't think you understand, Nancy. I don't think any of us are calling the Bible hate speech, we're calling the Christian Identity interpretation of it as preached by Arnold Murray and others like him hate speech. The Serpent Seed doctrine is purely racist and posting it on this forum comes within a frog's hair of violating the ROC.

This is a Multifaith forum and your posting that other posters Gods or Goddesses are imaginary and then stating that not believing in you God will be blotted out at the end of the Lord's Day, could be classified as proselytizing which is also in violation of the ROC.

You still haven't posted any evidence that your God is in control of anything. You still haven't provided any proof that your Bible is the "Word of God" rather than the writings of various anonymous men. So far you have refused (or cannot) do so. I continue to wait.

NjoyREPLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Well, it is quite clear to me that you never REALLY READ the Word of God with understanding PERIOD........instead YOU relied on opinions of men.........which you must hold in esteem above God, because you TRUST MEN more , and NOT God !

I worship Yeshua Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, Yahveh Saviour, the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, One God, and none else !!!

I TRUST GOD !

Not man, and that includes women !

And the FILTHY take on my painting which is none other than an interpretation of the eternity, is hateful and disgusting !

But what can one expect from such as yourselves !

You try to incriminate TRUTH, and justify LIES, but that is no surprize considering the times we are in !

In Christ,

Nancy

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2009 - 12:00AM #40
John_T_Mainer

NjoyREPLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Well, it is quite clear to me that you never REALLY READ the Word of God with understanding PERIOD........instead YOU relied on opinions of men.........which you must hold in esteem above God, because you TRUST MEN more , and NOT God !

I worship Yeshua Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, Yahveh Saviour, the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, One God, and none else !!!

I TRUST GOD !

Not man, and that includes women !

And the FILTHY take on my painting which is none other than an interpretation of the eternity, is hateful and disgusting !

But what can one expect from such as yourselves !

You try to incriminate TRUTH, and justify LIES, but that is no surprize considering the times we are in !

In Christ,

Nancy

Well now here we have an impass.  Now you turn to a book written by men, of which there were multiple conflicting copies until the first few centuries of the Church successfully purged all those they didn't like, and claim it as the will of god. Unfortunetly, the Church records are pretty good about citing the opinions of the Bishops, Cardinals, Patriarchs, and Popes, but don't seem to include the commentaries by Jesus Christ and Jehova on the revisions, excisions, and translations.  The historical record doccuments the votes of committees of passionate men with conflicting views settling the one legal interpretation oftentimes by the difference of a single vote.

This is unquestionably the work of men (and I do not include women, because they didn't except for the occassional successful crossdressing Pope).

Now if you wish to speak about the revealed truth of personal contact with your god, then you have crossed into the realm of UPG (Unverified Personal Gnossis), which can be a direct and powerful connection to your god, but is impossible for others to verify.  Here you would have direct evidence for your own self, but said evidence would be useless to the rest of us who did not experience your vision.  Also you would have a problem using this to refute some others on this board (myself among them) who have had similar experiences with our own gods, and know without doubt their nature, power, and benevolence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook