Switch to Forum Live View Hi, I am Nathan and I'm a proud Southern Baptist who loves all people
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 12:40PM #1
Ilovejesuswhoistruegod

Hi, I am Nathan and I'm a proud Southern Baptist who loves all people. I think that even though most of us follow some religion or another, we need to love each other and know we are all people with dignity and I believe in the golden rule. I might disagree with other religions on certain points but I will always respect people of different religions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2009 - 1:01AM #2
Heretic_for_Christ

Hi, Nathan,

I'm a heretic, neither proud nor ashamed of it, and I don't love all people. I try not to hate, but love means a lot more than "doesn't hate."

I applaud you for recognizing that what people do is far more important than what doctrine they proclaim. You really should tell that to those of your fundamentalist brethren who ignore that teaching of Jesus and just blather on about doctrine.

I prayed for deliverance from the hard world of facts and logic to the happy land where fantasy and prejudice reign. But God spake unto me, saying, "No, keep telling the truth," and to that end afflicted me with severe Trenchant Mouth. So I'm sorry for making cutting remarks, but it's the will of God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 7:23PM #3
God_Is_A_Tarradiddle

Aug 13, 2009 -- 12:40PM, Ilovejesuswhoistruegod wrote:

Hi, I am Nathan and I'm a proud Southern Baptist who loves all people. I think that even though most of us follow some religion or another, we need to love each other and know we are all people with dignity and I believe in the golden rule. I might disagree with other religions on certain points but I will always respect people of different religions.

And the issue for discussion or debate is _____?

Goodness and kindness do no harm or hurt; ergo, being kind and good to one another fulfills the requirements and expectations of both the laws of Man and the Word expressed and demonstrated by Jesus and others (cf: Romans 13:10).
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2009 - 2:43PM #4
Pam34

I don't know. Sounds like the intro at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting to me. Is there a reason that admitting 'I love all people' is somehow frowned upon in (apparently) Southern Baptist circles?

Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2009 - 6:55PM #5
LeahOne

Pam, it's just Nathan doing his thing.  He's evidently a charter member of the 'Denomination of the Month' club.  Yet he seems to always remember that somewhere in the past, some members of his family were Jewish, and he appears to want to communiate something to the Jewish community here on B'net....

It's been difficult to really communiate well with Nathan, since he changes ID's so often : ((

I hope he finds a denomination he can stay with.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 7:23AM #6
koolpoi

Perhaps,given the history of Southern Baptists,he feels the idea  that someone in his sect loves all people is NEWS.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 7:30PM #7
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Hi Nathan, I don't care what religion you are.  That sounds rude, but I think the biggest thing that gets in the way is the demand that a person is, or should be x religion. 

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2009 - 7:12PM #8
TPaine

Aug 13, 2009 -- 12:40PM, Ilovejesuswhoistruegod wrote:

Hi Nathan,

The Golden Rule, more correctly known as the Ethic of Reciprocity, exists in almost all the world's religions and ethical systems. Some were written before  Christianity existed, some after. Rather than posting a long list I'll post a link to where you can read them yourself.

www.religioustolerance.org/reciproc.htm

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2009 - 9:18AM #9
Confusedman

Wish I loved all people. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook