Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Your Hosts: MarySara722, Innerpoint, and Adelphe
5 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2009 - 11:10AM #1
Beliefnet_community

Greetings to the members on this board! I am pleased to announce that MarySara722 and Innerpoint, who are known to many of you, have agreed to be the Hosts of this board.

Beliefnet is grateful to them and to all the volunteers who make this community possible. Please join me in thanking them for donating their time, and welcoming them to this board!

There have been a large number of posts flagged as inappropriate here. Your new hosts will be reviewing the board carefully. Please continue to flag posts if you see something you think we should review. We depend on members to spot problems and notify us. If you have any questions, feel free to write to us at community@beliefnetstaff.com. We review all issues reported by members and usually take action within one business day, although due to the volume of reports you might not get a personal response every time.

Thanks, and enjoy your discussions!

Martha Ainsworth
Director of Community, Beliefnet.com

We are listening! Problems, complaints, other issues? Send us a message at Beliefnet_community.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2009 - 11:50PM #2
Innerpoint

Greetings, everyone...

Just scanning through the threads here, I see that most of you are as known to me as I am to you.  I'm glad to see everyone here and active... and am looking forward to following the conversations.

I've been a little absent of late.  You all have my apologies for that but there have been things going on in my life with friends and family that had to take precedence.  Hopefully, the little 'cycle' I've gone through since last September has culminated for a while.

So, for now, I'm off to catch up on what everyone has been up to.  This is a new board for me - one that I've not visited before.  I'm looking forward to co-hosting with MarySara and interacting with the rest of you, again.

Thanks for still being here.  That, in itself, means a lot to me right now.

((hugs))

»înnerpoînt«

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 1:52AM #3
Marysara722

*MS waves to all on the board and Innerpoint too*

Hi everyone,

As Innerpoint said, I too have been giving a look-see in a few threads and see some familar names from some other boards.  And some of you know me from the Multi-Faith & the Inter-Faith Dialogue boards or some other boards that are under my hosting hat.  Yet this is one board I never thought I'd be hosting nor have I visited this board but it's interesting so far.  I also am looking forward to the conservations & discourse on this board's topic along with the debates & of course the rebuttals too, but I do hope to see some good dialogue from the various sides.

That being said, I'm beginning to think that IP is related to me because I also have been dealing with life issues since the Fall of last year.  The recurrence of cancer with a family member, a new business venture with my dh which constituted a major move to another State that of course involves moving (UGH.)  And that means going through 2 decades worth of stuff (not a pretty picture I tell you), and getting my house ready to place on the market for sale.  Through all this, my oldest child graduated college (highest honors, yippe for him, yippe for us with one down two to go), my middle child put her college on hold for a semester to help with our transition, and our last child wanted to finish out the school year instead of transferring mid year. 
So to say I've been frazzled for the past 6-9 months is putting it mildly.  Tongue out

But then ..... then there's good old Bnet .... where I can escape to for a bit (of time) here and there.
Of course Bnet Cyberspace life is just as hectic as real life especially since the newest platform change along with being a host on Bnet's latest new board titled, the Hot Topics Zone  that has taken up some extra hosting time (have a visit btw and yeah, so I'm giving the new board a pitch cause I'm not shameful.)  Plus I also have the pleasure of Co-Hosting that board with my Co-Host here, Innerpoint and I look forward to sharing the Co-Hosting duties with IP here too. Kiss

Yet unlike IP, it's off to dreamland for me tonight cause me old eyes are killing me at this late hour.
So Ciao for now.

Hugs & sunshine,
MSara

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 12:35PM #4
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Ah, eternal optimism.  I love it. 

Here are your hardhats, you'll need those, and a ration of whiskey each. 

Enjoy!

Laughing

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 1:39PM #5
TPaine

Jun 25, 2009 -- 12:35PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

Enjoy!

Bear, you forgot to give them their body armor.Wink

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 2:11PM #6
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Jun 25, 2009 -- 1:39PM, TPaine wrote:

Enjoy!

Bear, you forgot to give them their body armor.

Sorry, as a bear-sark, I forget that some can actually take weapons damage.  I just get nasty headaches if I go without a helmet of some kind.   Laughing  Here you guys go.

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 4:20PM #7
itty

Mary I am glad that you and IP are here. You're needed. Very much.

There are two threads here on the Apoc boards that have been here for a very long time. They are now the size of substantial novels. The thrust of those threads are, IME, propaganda tools for the Christian Identity movement.  If I can dig it up I will post a link that shows that Beliefnet is and has disassociated itself from the threads.  Bnet has left the threads up and honestly I think this is the wrong thing to do.

These threads don't have new or fresh points of view. The information desiminated on them hare made up of lies, half truths, innuendos and subtle proselytization for the CI movement. TCI movement is part of the white identity movement. CI is based in hatred, white supremicist philosophy and advocates violent over throw of the US. The CI movement is linked to groups such as aryan nation, the kkk, the aryan brotherhood among many others.  The fact that Bnet is, by association, allowing this sort of propaganda as a recuritment tool on such a respected site as Bnet is incredibly troubling to me. Many activities that  are carried out under the guise of the loose affiliation of CI groups are simply domestic terrorism. Again, if you want, I will give you the links. The FBI closely monitors these CI groups.  For a site like Bnet to allow this to be a recruiting tool for this sort of group or groups might even land Bnet in hot water.

I suggest that the threads that are here in Multi faith and that espouse this philosophy of hatred, domestic terror and the over throw of the legitimate government of the US should be locked and should be removed.

Mary, IP hasn't this gone on long enough? Please do take the time to investigate completely and then get this information to Bnet's management. I have to tell it like it is. I think Bnet is playing with legal fire here.  All it takes is one instance of domestic terrorism and/or a death that is linked to the CI movement to shut Bnet down for good.

Please, do look at this.

Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 11:54PM #8
Innerpoint

Enjoy!

Laughing

ROTFL!!  Shoot, with a ration of whiskey, who needs the hardheadshats and body armor?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 11:59PM #9
Innerpoint

Jun 25, 2009 -- 4:20PM, itty wrote:

Mary I am glad that you and IP are here. You're needed. Very much.

There are two threads here on the Apoc boards that have been here for a very long time. They are now the size of substantial novels. The thrust of those threads are, IME, propaganda tools for the Christian Identity movement.  If I can dig it up I will post a link that shows that Beliefnet is and has disassociated itself from the threads.  Bnet has left the threads up and honestly I think this is the wrong thing to do.

These threads don't have new or fresh points of view. The information desiminated on them hare made up of lies, half truths, innuendos and subtle proselytization for the CI movement. TCI movement is part of the white identity movement. CI is based in hatred, white supremicist philosophy and advocates violent over throw of the US. The CI movement is linked to groups such as aryan nation, the kkk, the aryan brotherhood among many others.  The fact that Bnet is, by association, allowing this sort of propaganda as a recuritment tool on such a respected site as Bnet is incredibly troubling to me. Many activities that  are carried out under the guise of the loose affiliation of CI groups are simply domestic terrorism. Again, if you want, I will give you the links. The FBI closely monitors these CI groups.  For a site like Bnet to allow this to be a recruiting tool for this sort of group or groups might even land Bnet in hot water.

I suggest that the threads that are here in Multi faith and that espouse this philosophy of hatred, domestic terror and the over throw of the legitimate government of the US should be locked and should be removed.

Mary, IP hasn't this gone on long enough? Please do take the time to investigate completely and then get this information to Bnet's management. I have to tell it like it is. I think Bnet is playing with legal fire here.  All it takes is one instance of domestic terrorism and/or a death that is linked to the CI movement to shut Bnet down for good.

Please, do look at this.

Thank you.

I'd be glad to take a look, Jo... pretty much all of you know me and what I do and don't allow on the boards.  I'll go see what I can find - but a clue as to the titles (or the link) would be appreciated.

OT:  I had told our mutual friend that I had been meaning to give you a call.  When I looked, I've misplaced your number.  I just wanted to let you know I hadn't forgotten about you and have been thinking about you, often.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 12:09AM #10
Innerpoint

Never mind, Itty... I've found the links you cited on one of the other threads and a correction to one of them.  It looks like it's 'delving' time.

Frown

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook