Switch to Forum Live View Why I like being a Maltheist
6 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 5:50PM #1
moyzo1

For me being a Maltheist is about finding a belief system that makes sense with all the evils in the world. Having a good god with the existence of evil just doesn't add up. For me an evil god existing meant that it finally made sense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 11:15AM #2
Confusedman

I don't think Maltheism is for me but I'm curious.  Do you believe that this evil god will punish you for recognizing it as evil?  Or are it's threats empty?  Or does the idea of divine punishment even fit into maltheism?  I come from a Christian tradition where God does punish people in hell but from what I've heard of maltheism I'm not sure if they believe in such a thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 7:33PM #3
moyzo1

I think he will try to punish a person for seeing his evil, though such a punishment will simply reinforce such beliefs and he might resort to pretending to be good for a while to convince his victim that he is good. Only to dump on the abuse once he has tricked them into seeing him as good again.

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

Since the maltheists put their comments on the thread in their board I used to link to here I will link back there for anybody to see what they said.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook