Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Searching for a religion
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 8:49PM #1
Kryssi

So I posted a message along the same line on one of the other forums. I was brought up in the LCMS church. What I would like to seek help is finding the perfect fit for me relgious wise. Here is what I think that I believe:

I believe that there is a God. He created the world in so many days and rested.

I not to sure about the whole Jesus thing any more.

I believe that we choose rather or not to be evil and that we are not predesinted to be evil.

I also believe that you are baptazie only once.

Okay, this is really just the jest there is probably more but this is the main things. So I would like some ideas as to what I should look into. I plan on spending my summer off from school to find a religion that I agree with. Also I have done some research already and have a slight idea as to what I agree with and what I do not.

Thanks, I hope what I typed made sense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 9:24PM #2
LeahOne

HI, Kryssi - I'm afraid you're going to have to translate for me what Church you were referring to.  This is a VERY Multifaith area: it's not 'multifaith' as in 'different denominations of Christianity' or even 'different Abrahamic faiths'.....it's so much bigger (and thus better!) : ))

Being of another faith entirely, my first thought on reading your list was that you might want to consider the Christian sects of Unitarian and Friends (aka 'Quakers').   Oh, and 'New Thought' Christianity as well. And perhaps you might want to investigate Islam as well, and the Baha'i faith.

SOMEWHERE in the B'net site is the 'Belief-o-matic' test for you to fill in and hopefully that will show you which churches/faiths are closest to your individual beliefs. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 11:36AM #3
Kryssi

LCMS=Lutheran Church Missouri Synod

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 4:13PM #4
Godgirl

You may want to look into the religious science church...but i dont know where to find thoes people on this website.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 10:13PM #5
LeahOne

Apr 29, 2009 -- 11:36AM, Kryssi wrote:

LCMS=Lutheran Church Missouri Synod

Ah, OK thanks!  I figured it was some form of Lutheran.....

My suggestion:  Take the quiz here and then check out the 'welcome' versions of the boards for the Churches/faiths at the top of your quiz results list.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 11:34PM #6
Kryssi

I took the quiz and the faiths that came out on top were judaism, islam, buddism, hundiism before any christianty religion. Thanks

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2009 - 4:32PM #7
Serenity1552

Try to take an objective look at the major religions of the world.  Perhaps you can meditate, and see which feels best for you. Your wisdom comes for your heart, not your mind,

I personally have been attracted to Buddhism.  I do not have to follow any dogma, and I am encouraged to question everything.   The purpose of Buddhism is to end suffering.

I hope you find a belief system that feels right for youSmile

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2009 - 5:12PM #8
Bob_Bennett

Kryssi,

Take out the Yellow Pages and look up churches, and then start interviewing the pastors over the phone as to what their church teaches.    You can cover a lot of ground in a short while this way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2010 - 11:46PM #9
gnosticlight

Searching for a religion? Why? Why do you need others to tell you what to think?

If you must search then search for one thing...just one thing...the TRUTH. Look for it and it will look for you. Religion is just a substitution for those who have given up...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2010 - 8:20AM #10
Jupiter6208

The best Religion is the Religion that brings you closest to God.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook