Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Does God really love all people
5 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2009 - 12:08PM #31
lulu2

God loves all people, for He only see's the goodness of their being. Its as if, He can not see lesser than himself. Hence the need for Christ. Christ was given to us, both as the example, as well as the Soul of Man. That is why it is said, that no one can get to the Father,but through Christ.

As for God once, Adam and Eve, disregarded His will, His only connection to His wayward children would be to develop a Savior who was the Best part of Himself. But who could relate to man and his sins. 

The Christ in His purpose alone, dismisses the idea of a God, who lacks emotion. For Christ is expressed and can relate to both the Heart and Soul of man. 

So to ask if God loves all people , I believe the answer is YES! For He only sees their Good.  

The Truth would be more like: the Heart of God (through Christ) can be effected by good and the indiffence to that good, that only lives in man.

Man makes that choice daily, to live for the Good of God, or choose the way of selfish indifference. Christ's Love feels that choice daily.

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 6:25PM #32
Neomonist

Jul 15, 2009 -- 12:08PM, lulu2 wrote:

God loves all people, for He only see's the goodness of their being. Its as if, He can not see lesser than himself. Hence the need for Christ. Christ was given to us, both as the example, as well as the Soul of Man. That is why it is said, that no one can get to the Father,but through Christ.

That is true only if one wishes to limit their understanding of the Infinite to a finite.

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2009 - 3:50AM #33
Jm8

Andalublue,

to get a complete view one has to harmonize both monistic and dualistic views. Gaudiya Vaishnava Vedanta therefore teaches that God and soul and qualitatively same but quantitatively different. God and His creation are partially knowable to the soul, God's higher energy (para prakriti, Bhagavadgita 7.5).

Rgveda samhita 1.164.20-22, Mundaka Upanisad 3.1.1-2 and Svetasvatara Upanisad 4.6-7 give the famous two-bird analogy: "The soul (jiva) and the supersoul (ParamAtmA) are in the heart of the embodied soul, like two birds on the branch of a tree. One of these birds is God (Isvara), who awards the results of actions (karma), and the other bird is the jiva, who is tasting the fruits of his actions."

Hope this helps. Hare Krishna

"This Krishna Consciousness is a science to understand what is the difference between a dead body and a living body". (A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada)

Your servant, bh. Jan

www.veda.harekrsna.cz
www.vrindavan-dham.com

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 7:46PM #34
Bob_Bennett

Hello,

God loves all of his sons (and daughters) equally and does not judge.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 8:30PM #35
Neomonist

Jul 27, 2009 -- 7:46PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

Hello,

God loves all of his sons (and daughters) equally and does not judge.

Welcome, grab your favorite libation and a chair and join the conversation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2009 - 9:33PM #36
williejhonlo

God loves all beings since within each body there is a soul that is dependent and subordinent to him. Our bodies are temporary, and are not our real self, so why should God be illusioned into loving something so temporary, it is the soul that God calls upon to return back home to the Godhead so he can relish pastimes with him not our bodies they just become dust.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2009 - 9:57PM #37
Keyfer

If God IS love, and I believe that He is, He can only love and only acts from love. Is there a heaven and a hell? I believe so, but I think that God loves all in both places because He IS love, in other words, He loves all of us because of who He is rather than because of who we are. Then why is there a hell? Because God separates the good from the evil to protect the good.  Heaven is heaven because the good choose to submit to the Lord's laws of love and justice (love God and others). Hell is hell because it is where those abide who choose not to submit to the laws of love and justice. Hell is not a punishment created by an angry, vengeful God but a choice by individuals who refuse to forsake forbidden behaviors and submit to the laws of love and justice. Indulgence in the forbidden behaviors by those in Hell is what makes Hell so terrible.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2009 - 10:05PM #38
Neomonist

Jul 31, 2009 -- 9:57PM, Keyfer wrote:

Hell is not a punishment created by an angry, vengeful God but a choice by individuals who refuse to forsake forbidden behaviors and submit to the laws of love and justice. Indulgence in the forbidden behaviors by those in Hell is what makes Hell so terrible.

Heaven is when were are in the Presence Face to face, Hell is in the Presence and all we see is the Back.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2009 - 9:35AM #39
Keyfer

Dear Neomonist

I like your statement, and would only make a small change...hell is in the Presence but we have turned our back to Him and, therefore, cannot see Him. I believe that our God is too loving to turn His back on anyone. Please do not be offended by this post, I love where you are coming from. :)

PS  I also love your standard disclaimer, may I adopt it? :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2009 - 9:52AM #40
Neomonist

Aug 1, 2009 -- 9:35AM, Keyfer wrote:

Dear Neomonist

I like your statement, and would only make a small change...hell is in the Presence but we have turned our back to Him and, therefore, cannot see Him. I believe that our God is too loving to turn His back on anyone. Please do not be offended by this post, I love where you are coming from. :)

PS  I also love your standard disclaimer, may I adopt it? :)

That was an off the cuff comment that I should have fleshed out. It is that all we see is the back.

I have a unique take on all this and don't take anything personal - not even direct attacks.

By all means, adopt the signature. I do not see a copyright on it. Smile If more people took this attitude, our discussions would be much friendlier.

I'm not all that formal, I answer to Neo.

Have a great day.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook