Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View I am going to hell,LOL!
9 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2009 - 11:27AM #21
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Wink

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2009 - 10:43AM #22
itty

itty trots in then checks her flame retardent underwear...

I like Hell, too, All. She is a very good God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2009 - 11:11AM #23
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Jun 18, 2009 -- 10:43AM, itty wrote:

itty trots in then checks her flame retardent underwear...

I like Hell, too, All. She is a very good God.

Caring for all those dead people not chosen by other gods, She's like the mother Theresa of deities.  I don't know how you can find fault with her.  Especially given what she has to work with.

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 5:12PM #24
Chicagoheathen

Why go all the way to Hell when the supermarket on the morning of the Superbowl is much worse??

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 5:40PM #25
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Jun 23, 2009 -- 5:12PM, Chicagoheathen wrote:

Why go all the way to Hell when the supermarket on the morning of the Superbowl is much worse??

Or a walmart on a......  well, anyday!

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2009 - 12:08PM #26
Nike

Lol. I've looked at my options, and I've decided that if Heaven, Hell, and of course God are the same in reality as portrayed in the Bible, I would rather go to hell than spend eternity pretending to agree with him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 12:39AM #27
Heretic_for_Christ

Belief in hell is belief in a monster-god. It is a blasphemous, maltheistic notion. We can smile or sneer at Bible-besotted Christians ranting on about hellfire, but this vile nonsense has serious implications. Throughout history, belief in hell has served to justify Christian atrocities against non-Christians--"After all," the self-justification went, "God has much worse things in store for the un-saved when they arrive in hell." Belief in hell contributes strongly to the intrinsic divisiveness of doctrinal religion--for the concept is supposed to be so terrifying that only the most degenerate and evil individuals would reject the offer of salvation, and that belief leads inevitably to the conclusion that non-Christians are evil.

I am NOT saying that all or most Christians think this way--but even if they disagree with it, most Christians give assent-by-silence to this view spoken by the fundamentalist-fanatics among them.

I think it is nothing less than child abuse to indoctrinate innocent children with this disgusting blasphemy.

I prayed for deliverance from the hard world of facts and logic to the happy land where fantasy and prejudice reign. But God spake unto me, saying, "No, keep telling the truth," and to that end afflicted me with severe Trenchant Mouth. So I'm sorry for making cutting remarks, but it's the will of God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2009 - 12:32PM #28
mainecaptain

Heretic  you are right

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook